WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
11
12%
22-23
27
29%
24-26
38
40%
27-30
14
15%
30+
4
4%
 
Total votes: 94

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:23 pm

However much I loved this thread before is stupid and insignificant compared to how much I love this thread now.

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:58 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:However much I loved this thread before is stupid and insignificant compared to how much I love this thread now.


Seriously.

+1, friend

User avatar
mes10d
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby mes10d » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:07 pm

Thanks Fiero and Ricky-Bobby.

I don't want to quote the OP or look foolish for asking, but the common question that's listed as "transactional or lit?" ....what does that even refer to? I Don't want to get that Q and have no idea what to say.

User avatar
peachesthedoge
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:57 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby peachesthedoge » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:12 pm

mes10d wrote:Thanks Fiero and Ricky-Bobby.

I don't want to quote the OP or look foolish for asking, but the common question that's listed as "transactional or lit?" ....what does that even refer to? I Don't want to get that Q and have no idea what to say.



It refers to what type of law you want to practice (transactional or litigation). A quick internet search should give you further information if needed. Hope that helps!

User avatar
hollybrianna
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:12 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby hollybrianna » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:18 pm

Does anyone know how long the WUSTL waitlist is? Every time I have tried to call the admissions office, I get their voicemail; so, I was wondering if anyone had any luck getting through....

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:30 pm

hollybrianna wrote:Does anyone know how long the WUSTL waitlist is? Every time I have tried to call the admissions office, I get their voicemail; so, I was wondering if anyone had any luck getting through....

According to last cycle's LSN info, WL acceptances started rolling out in May and continued through July. I think. People could be reporting their initial decisions (i.e. onto the WL), but at least one profile suggests an initial decision 4/1 and a WL acceptance 5/1.

User avatar
mes10d
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby mes10d » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:39 pm

Survived the interview, 15 minutes. Will was really friendly and we cracked a couple jokes about random stuff like the weather. Asked why law, why my UG. Told me it was great that I was so open minded about type of law/where to live b/c WUSTL does xyz. I asked a little about their CSO and what St. Louis is like, and we bonded over running. Told me to expect a decision in 1-2 weeks. I think it went well, and the interview honestly made very excited to visit in the next couple of weeks.

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:20 pm

mes10d wrote:Survived the interview, 15 minutes. Will was really friendly and we cracked a couple jokes about random stuff like the weather. Asked why law, why my UG. Told me it was great that I was so open minded about type of law/where to live b/c WUSTL does xyz. I asked a little about their CSO and what St. Louis is like, and we bonded over running. Told me to expect a decision in 1-2 weeks. I think it went well, and the interview honestly made very excited to visit in the next couple of weeks.


That's good to hear! Good luck with the decision and $$$ stuff.

Yanky91
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:04 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Yanky91 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:43 pm

Did anyone have any luck asking for more $$$$?

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:44 pm

Yanky91 wrote:Did anyone have any luck asking for more $$$$?


Told to wait

User avatar
wittyhandle
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby wittyhandle » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:49 pm

Does anyone want to exchange numbers so when I get there on Friday I can meet up with someone instead of having to stand there awkwardly looking at me feet and then I go all day not knowing anyone because I'm too nervous and awkward to introduce myself.

Not that I have done that at a different ASW. That would have been weird. :oops:

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:55 pm

wittyhandle wrote:Does anyone want to exchange numbers so when I get there on Friday I can meet up with someone instead of having to stand there awkwardly looking at me feet and then I go all day not knowing anyone because I'm too nervous and awkward to introduce myself.

Not that I have done that at a different ASW. That would have been weird. :oops:

Are you attractive?

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby NoDayButToday » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:02 pm

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:15 pm

NoDayButToday wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
wittyhandle wrote:Does anyone want to exchange numbers so when I get there on Friday I can meet up with someone instead of having to stand there awkwardly looking at me feet and then I go all day not knowing anyone because I'm too nervous and awkward to introduce myself.

Not that I have done that at a different ASW. That would have been weird. :oops:

Are you attractive?



Asking for your friend again?

Aw you know me too well <3

User avatar
wittyhandle
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby wittyhandle » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:30 pm

NoDayButToday wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
wittyhandle wrote:Does anyone want to exchange numbers so when I get there on Friday I can meet up with someone instead of having to stand there awkwardly looking at me feet and then I go all day not knowing anyone because I'm too nervous and awkward to introduce myself.

Not that I have done that at a different ASW. That would have been weird. :oops:

Are you attractive?



Asking for your friend again?


That depends. Is your friend attractive?

User avatar
mes10d
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby mes10d » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:06 pm

This thread is like the "Oscar selfie" of all threads. You people are fantastic.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:14 pm

mes10d wrote:This thread is like the "Oscar selfie" of all threads. You people are fantastic.

Dibs on being the Bradley Cooper of the thread.

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby KanyeShrug » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:28 pm

The last 3 pages have decisively convinced me I F'd myself in the A by not coming to ASW.

Image

User avatar
wittyhandle
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby wittyhandle » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:39 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
mes10d wrote:This thread is like the "Oscar selfie" of all threads. You people are fantastic.

Dibs on being the Bradley Cooper of the thread.


Can I be Brangelina?

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby yossarian » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:41 pm

wittyhandle wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
mes10d wrote:This thread is like the "Oscar selfie" of all threads. You people are fantastic.

Dibs on being the Bradley Cooper of the thread.


Can I be Brangelina?


Two people! It's not fair!

Dibs on Spacey.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:45 pm

J Law

User avatar
BlackCanary
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:39 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby BlackCanary » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:48 pm

Dibs on Ellen!

both because she's awesome and the only other thing I remember about the pic was that Liza Minnelli was trying to sneak in.

User avatar
theletterj
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:47 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby theletterj » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:52 pm

lupita

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:54 pm

Fiero you can be Jared Leto.

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby yossarian » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:55 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:Fiero you can be Jared Leto.


+1

ETA: RB is McConaughey




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blahblah123, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 7 guests