WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
11
12%
22-23
27
29%
24-26
38
40%
27-30
14
15%
30+
4
4%
 
Total votes: 94

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:41 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:
AceDeuces wrote:Alright somebody has to say it. Mila Kunis did not play Elle Woods. There. just throwing that out there.


"Alright somebody has to say it. Mila Kunis is way hotter than Elle Woods. Nice job choosing a better pic"

(Edited that for correctness)

You do realize that Elle Woods was played by Reese Witherspoon, right? You take back this blasphemy and atone for your wrongs. You atone now, Fiero.


Even as a blonde-preferring bro, and even as Reese Witherspoon/Elle Woods is attractive in her own right, I will certainly not recant! Mila Kunis is just hotter by comparison. Simple as that.

User avatar
PhenomenalWoman
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:32 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby PhenomenalWoman » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:30 pm

Any last minute interview advice? I'm on in 30 minutes...

User avatar
BlackCanary
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:39 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby BlackCanary » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:32 pm

Just relax. It'll be fine.

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby NoDayButToday » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:33 pm

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:37 pm

PhenomenalWoman wrote:Any last minute interview advice? I'm on in 30 minutes...

Good luck! Just let your interviewer know how much you love Wash U.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:38 pm

BlackCanary wrote:Just relax. It'll be fine.

Words of comfort <3

User avatar
PhenomenalWoman
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:32 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby PhenomenalWoman » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:38 pm

Thanks everyone. I'll let you know how it goes! Trying to breeeeathe...

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:40 pm

NoDayButToday wrote:
PhenomenalWoman wrote:Any last minute interview advice? I'm on in 30 minutes...


Breathe deeply and just be yourself, Phenomenal Woman!


+1

It's casual and informational. Bring some questions of your own if you want, otherwise just be open and relaxed. No biggie.

And yes, like RB said, let them know explicitly what interests you about Wash U and where it stands among your considered schools

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:41 pm

PhenomenalWoman wrote:Thanks everyone. I'll let you know how it goes! Trying to breeeeathe...

Honestly the worst part is just sitting there waiting for them to call. It's much better once you're actually talking to someone.

User avatar
AceDeuces
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:14 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby AceDeuces » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:43 pm

Fiero85 wrote:
AceDeuces wrote:Alright somebody has to say it. Mila Kunis did not play Elle Woods. There. just throwing that out there.


"Alright somebody has to say it. Mila Kunis is way hotter than Elle Woods. Nice job choosing a better pic"

(Edited that for correctness)



It's a fair point, really.

User avatar
PhenomenalWoman
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:32 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby PhenomenalWoman » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:13 pm

Interview is done! I think it went well, although I started off with my shaky, nervous voice. As we continued talking, I became more confident and we even had a couple of laughs. The interviewer said that he thinks it went well and that the committee should be in touch with a decision shortly!

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:15 pm

PhenomenalWoman wrote:Interview is done! I think it went well, although I started off with my shaky, nervous voice. As we continued talking, I became more confident and we even had a couple of laughs. The interviewer said that he thinks it went well and that the committee should be in touch with a decision shortly!

He?! I didn't even know Wash U had male interviewers.

Congrats, though! It sounds like the number of admitted students just increased by 1.

User avatar
chewy13
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:32 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chewy13 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:22 pm

just interviewed with Anna Donovan-lucky me :) she said she the admissions office is backed up with applications and February LSAT scores which would explain why it is taking longer than usually to get back with decisions following interviews. She said to expect decisions 1-2 weeks after an interview.

User avatar
PhenomenalWoman
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:32 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby PhenomenalWoman » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:49 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
PhenomenalWoman wrote:Interview is done! I think it went well, although I started off with my shaky, nervous voice. As we continued talking, I became more confident and we even had a couple of laughs. The interviewer said that he thinks it went well and that the committee should be in touch with a decision shortly!

He?! I didn't even know Wash U had male interviewers.

Congrats, though! It sounds like the number of admitted students just increased by 1.


Yep, he was very kind and quite informative. We talked for about 30 minutes.

I can't wait to hear back! Super excited! :D

User avatar
ellewoods179
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:01 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby ellewoods179 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:45 pm

chewy13 wrote:just interviewed with Anna Donovan-lucky me :) she said she the admissions office is backed up with applications and February LSAT scores which would explain why it is taking longer than usually to get back with decisions following interviews. She said to expect decisions 1-2 weeks after an interview.


That's what I was thinking, I just emailed Dean Clifford about my February LSAT today, they are probably getting a lot of that right now and on a Monday...that poor admissions office, what a fun way to start the week. I think the male interviewer's name is Will, I think I saw him on my visit and if it is who I think it is he was really nice! Crazy that I will know my WUSTL fate this week. eek!

User avatar
chewy13
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:32 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chewy13 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:03 pm

ellewoods179 wrote:
chewy13 wrote:just interviewed with Anna Donovan-lucky me :) she said she the admissions office is backed up with applications and February LSAT scores which would explain why it is taking longer than usually to get back with decisions following interviews. She said to expect decisions 1-2 weeks after an interview.


That's what I was thinking, I just emailed Dean Clifford about my February LSAT today, they are probably getting a lot of that right now and on a Monday...that poor admissions office, what a fun way to start the week. I think the male interviewer's name is Will, I think I saw him on my visit and if it is who I think it is he was really nice! Crazy that I will know my WUSTL fate this week. eek!



good luck! I went to wustl undergrad (and took classes at the law school as an undergrad) and i'm from stl so if you have any questions about the school or the area- let me know!

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby yossarian » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:05 pm

Hey y'all. Since WUSTL is the best, I was wondering if you could help me think through choosing my law school.

Feel free to push WUSTL if you desire.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=225604

User avatar
ellewoods179
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:01 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby ellewoods179 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:59 pm

I get so sad when a long period of time goes by without a post... :/

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:02 pm

ellewoods179 wrote:I get so sad when a long period of time goes by without a post... :/

Hai.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:08 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
ellewoods179 wrote:I get so sad when a long period of time goes by without a post... :/

Hai.


6 minute bump.

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby rion91 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:16 pm

Always great to refresh the subforum index and see this thread constantly near the top :P

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:18 pm

rion91 wrote:Always great to refresh the subforum index and see this thread constantly near the top :P


I get lost when it isn't at the top!

theycallmefoes
Posts: 330
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby theycallmefoes » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:56 pm

What's the consensus on the acceptance-->scholarship offer timeline? I'm wondering how soon I should start compulsively checking the mail for a scholarship letter.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:57 pm

theycallmefoes wrote:What's the consensus on the acceptance-->scholarship offer timeline? I'm wondering how soon I should start compulsively checking the mail for a scholarship letter.

Took me a week. Seems like they are generally a little bit swamped at the moment though.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:57 pm

.
Last edited by DoveBodyWash on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: arthrod, dala77, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 6 guests