WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
11
12%
22-23
27
29%
24-26
38
40%
27-30
14
15%
30+
4
4%
 
Total votes: 94

chingwoo
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chingwoo » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:21 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
cmilleruni wrote:Link me to the official one


That one sucks.

Just search WUSTL Law 2017 Accepted in Facebook.


It's on the front page.

User avatar
ellewoods179
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:01 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby ellewoods179 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:45 pm

Marquis wrote:I had my WUSTL interview on Feb. 17. I think it went really well. Afterwards, the girl doing the interview told me I'd likely hear from them by the end of the week. On Feb. 20 my status changed to "Interview Complete". Still no word.

Should I be worried?


I kind of have a similar situation, I interviewed the 24th and I'm supposed to find out soon but no word. Well for me it's only been a day, and I've been refreshing my email every 5 minutes since I left WashU. Your situation is interesting though since they said by the end of the week and it's clearly passed that stage. Maybe they are having a hard time deciding? I feel like none of us have the right answer for you, only they know the deal.

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:11 pm

ellewoods179 wrote:
Marquis wrote:I had my WUSTL interview on Feb. 17. I think it went really well. Afterwards, the girl doing the interview told me I'd likely hear from them by the end of the week. On Feb. 20 my status changed to "Interview Complete". Still no word.

Should I be worried?


I kind of have a similar situation, I interviewed the 24th and I'm supposed to find out soon but no word. Well for me it's only been a day, and I've been refreshing my email every 5 minutes since I left WashU. Your situation is interesting though since they said by the end of the week and it's clearly passed that stage. Maybe they are having a hard time deciding? I feel like none of us have the right answer for you, only they know the deal.


Wouldn't read into it too much, still in the very busy season for the Admissions office. Most likely you'll get your email by Friday. I would call/email on Monday (3/3) if you don't. Waiting sucks obviously but good luck to you!

User avatar
graybee08
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby graybee08 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:12 pm

ellewoods179 wrote:
Marquis wrote:I had my WUSTL interview on Feb. 17. I think it went really well. Afterwards, the girl doing the interview told me I'd likely hear from them by the end of the week. On Feb. 20 my status changed to "Interview Complete". Still no word.

Should I be worried?


I kind of have a similar situation, I interviewed the 24th and I'm supposed to find out soon but no word. Well for me it's only been a day, and I've been refreshing my email every 5 minutes since I left WashU. Your situation is interesting though since they said by the end of the week and it's clearly passed that stage. Maybe they are having a hard time deciding? I feel like none of us have the right answer for you, only they know the deal.


I had my interview on 2/19 and haven't heard back yet. My interviewer e-mailed me the next day and in her e-mail told me to expect a decision in a few weeks. She said the office was swamped with applications. Hopefully it shouldn't be too long for all of us. Good luck!

Marquis
Posts: 163
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:46 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Marquis » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:15 pm

graybee08 wrote:
ellewoods179 wrote:
Marquis wrote:I had my WUSTL interview on Feb. 17. I think it went really well. Afterwards, the girl doing the interview told me I'd likely hear from them by the end of the week. On Feb. 20 my status changed to "Interview Complete". Still no word.

Should I be worried?


I kind of have a similar situation, I interviewed the 24th and I'm supposed to find out soon but no word. Well for me it's only been a day, and I've been refreshing my email every 5 minutes since I left WashU. Your situation is interesting though since they said by the end of the week and it's clearly passed that stage. Maybe they are having a hard time deciding? I feel like none of us have the right answer for you, only they know the deal.


I had my interview on 2/19 and haven't heard back yet. My interviewer e-mailed me the next day and in her e-mail told me to expect a decision in a few weeks. She said the office was swamped with applications. Hopefully it shouldn't be too long for all of us. Good luck!


Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I'll try to take a breath and be patient!

User avatar
cron1834
Posts: 1921
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:36 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby cron1834 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:34 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
cmilleruni wrote:Link me to the official one

Image


:lol:

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:04 pm

chingwoo wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
cmilleruni wrote:Link me to the official one


That one sucks.

Just search WUSTL Law 2017 Accepted in Facebook.


It's on the front page.


Aww, poor chingwoo. :(

I don't think the first group sucks, it's just aimed at a different, non-grab-assy audience.
FWIW, I still check both regularly.

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:08 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
chingwoo wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
cmilleruni wrote:Link me to the official one


That one sucks.

Just search WUSTL Law 2017 Accepted in Facebook.


It's on the front page.


Aww, poor chingwoo. :(

I don't think the first group sucks, it's just aimed at a different, non-grab-assy audience.
FWIW, I still check both regularly.


+1

This is like the recent on-topic vs. lounge discussion before: it isn't a better or worse kinda thing between them, just one has a purpose and one is solely for goofing off

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby NoDayButToday » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:17 pm

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

pauly_biegler
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 6:54 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby pauly_biegler » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:20 pm

Alrighty, I was accepted a week ago today- that money offer would be fantastic if it came within the next few hours!

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby JustHawkin » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:24 pm

pauly_biegler wrote:Alrighty, I was accepted a week ago today- that money offer would be fantastic if it came within the next few hours!

Comes usually on Fridays I believe?

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:25 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
pauly_biegler wrote:Alrighty, I was accepted a week ago today- that money offer would be fantastic if it came within the next few hours!

Comes usually on Fridays I believe?


True, but there's been some small Wednesday acceptance email waves of late

tweetybird
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:16 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby tweetybird » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:28 pm

Anyone have any luck with scholarship negotiations so far?

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:38 pm

Fiero85 wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:
pauly_biegler wrote:Alrighty, I was accepted a week ago today- that money offer would be fantastic if it came within the next few hours!

Comes usually on Fridays I believe?


True, but there's been some small Wednesday acceptance email waves of late

Yeah, I'd wait till Friday. I had a friend that was accepted on the Wednesday two days before me, and we both got scholly emails the following Friday.

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:54 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:
pauly_biegler wrote:Alrighty, I was accepted a week ago today- that money offer would be fantastic if it came within the next few hours!

Comes usually on Fridays I believe?


True, but there's been some small Wednesday acceptance email waves of late

Yeah, I'd wait till Friday. I had a friend that was accepted on the Wednesday two days before me, and we both got scholly emails the following Friday.


"I had a friend"...as in you had them "taken care of" to free up some more scholly money...or just that unredeemable differences came up? :wink:

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:02 pm

WHO WANTS A WUSTL C/O 2017 SPREADSHEET?!

pauly_biegler
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 6:54 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby pauly_biegler » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:19 pm

True, but there's been some small Wednesday acceptance email waves of late[/quote]
Yeah, I'd wait till Friday. I had a friend that was accepted on the Wednesday two days before me, and we both got scholly emails the following Friday.[/quote]

"I had a friend"...as in you had them "taken care of" to free up some more scholly money...or just that unredeemable differences came up? :wink:[/quote]


thanks for the update gents.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:47 pm

Fiero85 wrote:"I had a friend"...as in you had them "taken care of" to free up some more scholly money...or just that unredeemable differences came up? :wink:

You have been all over me, good work, but you better watch out 8)

User avatar
kirbyb
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:09 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby kirbyb » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:13 pm

tweetybird wrote:Anyone have any luck with scholarship negotiations so far?


still too early

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:45 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:"I had a friend"...as in you had them "taken care of" to free up some more scholly money...or just that unredeemable differences came up? :wink:

You have been all over me, good work, but you better watch out 8)


Haha challenge ACCEPTED

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Otunga » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:51 pm

Email saying my file is forwarded to the scholarship people.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:08 pm

Otunga wrote:Email saying my file is forwarded to the scholarship people.

Nice! Worked out well for me :)

User avatar
ellewoods179
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:01 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby ellewoods179 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:32 pm

Basic App question. If I submitted additional recommendation letters, so updated reports on LSAC, do I have to let the school know that these updated reports are available or will LSAC let the school know? :?: :?:

pauly_biegler
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 6:54 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby pauly_biegler » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:33 pm

got an email that I am being considered for the "scholars in law" award and that my app had been forwarded to the scholarship committee..this is standard right?

User avatar
aesth24
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:35 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby aesth24 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:34 pm

pauly_biegler wrote:got an email that I am being considered for the "scholars in law" award and that my app had been forwarded to the scholarship committee..this is standard right?


Yeah I got one of those, though I hear some people didn't but still got scholly.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”