WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
11
12%
22-23
27
29%
24-26
38
40%
27-30
14
15%
30+
4
4%
 
Total votes: 94

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby yossarian » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:19 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
yossarian71 wrote:Been trying out the lounge lately and y'all are so much better. I'm sorry I strayed.

Just don't do it again and we'll forgive you.

The lounge is weird for me. Do people read all of the posts in a thread? Every thread is 100 pages+ within a day or two. It's like /b/ but the threads hang around longer. I can't keep up with the Wash U applicant thread, I'd be f'd in the lounge.


It's a vortex where people point out flaws in your argument w/out addressing the content of the argument itself and you step back and youre like shit i didnt even know we were arguing and then you get sucked into it anyway and i think that is probs how all internetz are but ive never done it before and its scary.

hold me

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:20 pm

I post in the lounge occasionally. Some of the threads are just shit threads that have been around for a long time, others you can just jump in and participate.

For the sake of all, just avoid it.

User avatar
BlackCanary
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:39 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby BlackCanary » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:21 pm

What's the lounge? Am I better off not knowing?

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:23 pm

BlackCanary wrote:What's the lounge? Am I better off not knowing?


It is where many of my posts come from. But yeah, you're better off avoiding it. It is basically where TLS megaposters circlejerk.

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:24 pm

yossarian71 wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
yossarian71 wrote:Been trying out the lounge lately and y'all are so much better. I'm sorry I strayed.

Just don't do it again and we'll forgive you.

The lounge is weird for me. Do people read all of the posts in a thread? Every thread is 100 pages+ within a day or two. It's like /b/ but the threads hang around longer. I can't keep up with the Wash U applicant thread, I'd be f'd in the lounge.


It's a vortex where people point out flaws in your argument w/out addressing the content of the argument itself and you step back and youre like shit i didnt even know we were arguing and then you get sucked into it anyway and i think that is probs how all internetz are but ive never done it before and its scary.

hold me

There, there. It's ok, big guy. We don't give a shit about your flawed arguments here. It's ok. :D

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:25 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
yossarian71 wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
yossarian71 wrote:Been trying out the lounge lately and y'all are so much better. I'm sorry I strayed.

Just don't do it again and we'll forgive you.

The lounge is weird for me. Do people read all of the posts in a thread? Every thread is 100 pages+ within a day or two. It's like /b/ but the threads hang around longer. I can't keep up with the Wash U applicant thread, I'd be f'd in the lounge.


It's a vortex where people point out flaws in your argument w/out addressing the content of the argument itself and you step back and youre like shit i didnt even know we were arguing and then you get sucked into it anyway and i think that is probs how all internetz are but ive never done it before and its scary.

hold me

There, there. It's ok, big guy. We don't give a damn about your flawed arguments here. It's ok. :D


Fixed your flawed argument for you.

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:25 pm

Attax wrote:
BlackCanary wrote:What's the lounge? Am I better off not knowing?


It is where many of my posts come from. But yeah, you're better off avoiding it. It is basically where TLS megaposters circlejerk.

No one said anything about circlejerking. Maybe I should check this lounge out.

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:27 pm

Attax wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
yossarian71 wrote:
It's a vortex where people point out flaws in your argument w/out addressing the content of the argument itself and you step back and youre like shit i didnt even know we were arguing and then you get sucked into it anyway and i think that is probs how all internetz are but ive never done it before and its scary.

hold me

There, there. It's ok, big guy. We don't give a damn about your flawed arguments here. It's ok. :D


Fixed your flawed argument for you.

False. I do give a damn, I just don't give a shit. Logic'd.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:27 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
Attax wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
yossarian71 wrote:
It's a vortex where people point out flaws in your argument w/out addressing the content of the argument itself and you step back and youre like shit i didnt even know we were arguing and then you get sucked into it anyway and i think that is probs how all internetz are but ive never done it before and its scary.

hold me

There, there. It's ok, big guy. We don't give a damn about your flawed arguments here. It's ok. :D


Fixed your flawed argument for you.

False. I do give a damn, I just don't give a shit. Logic'd.


If you give a damn, then where's my tree-fiddy?!

chingwoo
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chingwoo » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:38 pm

So theres a post in the tls group thats averaging 100 comments an hour. So thats happening.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:39 pm

chingwoo wrote:So theres a post in the tls group thats averaging 100 comments an hour. So thats happening.

You're welcome.

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:40 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:40 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
chingwoo wrote:So theres a post in the tls group thats averaging 100 comments an hour. So thats happening.

You're welcome.


And I'm like half way done with this lab report!

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:41 pm

PourMeTea wrote:
Attax wrote:
BlackCanary wrote:What's the lounge? Am I better off not knowing?


It is where many of my posts come from. But yeah, you're better off avoiding it. It is basically where TLS megaposters circlejerk.


Are you one of the ~*fabled*~ megapoasters


Lolz no.

User avatar
ellewoods179
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:01 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby ellewoods179 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:04 am

scottidsntknow wrote:
chingwoo wrote:So theres a post in the tls group thats averaging 100 comments an hour. So thats happening.

You're welcome.


I'd like to claim partial credit for instigating the facebook stalking that I believe led to the post....unless it didn't, then in that case we were just on the same page

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:04 am

ellewoods179 wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
chingwoo wrote:So theres a post in the tls group thats averaging 100 comments an hour. So thats happening.

You're welcome.


I'd like to claim partial credit for instigating the facebook stalking that I believe led to the post....unless it didn't, then in that case we were just on the same page


I totes think it did.

cmilleruni
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:13 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby cmilleruni » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:23 am

I was admitted a few weeks back. Is there a facebook group for the admitted students?

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:26 am

cmilleruni wrote:I was admitted a few weeks back. Is there a facebook group for the admitted students?


There are 2. An official-ish one, and one for the smartasses to play grab-ass in "secret." :D

cmilleruni
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:13 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby cmilleruni » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:27 am

Link me to the official one

pauly_biegler
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 6:54 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby pauly_biegler » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:39 am

I guess now is when I wish I didn't delete my Facebook!

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby JustHawkin » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:41 am

pauly_biegler wrote:I guess now is when I wish I didn't delete my Facebook!

You're not missing much.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:58 am

cmilleruni wrote:Link me to the official one

Image

Marquis
Posts: 163
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:46 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Marquis » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:41 am

I had my WUSTL interview on Feb. 17. I think it went really well. Afterwards, the girl doing the interview told me I'd likely hear from them by the end of the week. On Feb. 20 my status changed to "Interview Complete". Still no word.

Should I be worried?

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby KanyeShrug » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:42 am

pauly_biegler wrote:I guess now is when I wish I didn't delete my Facebook!


+1

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby ManoftheHour » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:55 pm

cmilleruni wrote:Link me to the official one


That one sucks.

Just search WUSTL Law 2017 Accepted in Facebook.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: addie1412, BACsop, Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Long shot hero, MSNbot Media, ProductofUnreality and 28 guests