WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
12%
22-23
29%
24-26
38%
27-30
15%
30+
5%

Total votes: 99

Banshee

Bronze

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Post by Banshee » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:52 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
Attax wrote:
ellewoods179 wrote:Wish everyone looked like their avatar, so much easier to find a Garfield and Ryan gosling on campus then ask people if they are so and so from TLS. Love reading this forum, putting off checking my email to avoid a disappointment of possibly not getting in, I want to be a part of your incoming class sooo bad!
I do look just like garfield.

Or you can pm me a link to facebook and we can add you to the FB group for TLS'ers so you can easily know what we all look like!
I like to think I look like Ryan Gosling.
I actually picture you as an awesomely tattooed Matt Damon...and the song Scotti Doesn't Know plays as your intro music whenever you walk into a room.

pauly_biegler

Bronze

Post by pauly_biegler » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:53 pm

where's the sign up for ASW again? I don't recall being given any login info when I was accepted, nor can I find ANYTHING on the website. I'm thinking it might be the week when I'm supposed to present my thesis…yuck.

peachesthedoge

Bronze

Post by peachesthedoge » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:05 pm

pauly_biegler wrote:where's the sign up for ASW again? I don't recall being given any login info when I was accepted, nor can I find ANYTHING on the website. I'm thinking it might be the week when I'm supposed to present my thesis…yuck.
https://mylaw.wustl.edu

Enter your email for usename and click "forgot password" or whatever

johnnyquest

Bronze

Post by johnnyquest » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:09 pm

Long time lurker...first time poster. I was accepted a few weeks ago and thought I would join in on this insanely entertaining thread. I do have a question though. I've been researching areas around campus (The Loop, DeMun, CWE) and I was wondering which one is the best fit for a law student, his girlfriend (an accountant, if that matters) and his dog? I'm looking to keep average rent and utilities (gas, electric) to under $1000 per month. Thanks!

Lebrarian_Booker

Silver

Post by Lebrarian_Booker » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:09 pm

peachesthedoge wrote:
pauly_biegler wrote:where's the sign up for ASW again? I don't recall being given any login info when I was accepted, nor can I find ANYTHING on the website. I'm thinking it might be the week when I'm supposed to present my thesis…yuck.

I was able to reset my password, but I don't know my effing username. Is there a default that it's set to? I swear I didn't get an email about this...but I successfully reset my password by providing my email...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:11 pm

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
peachesthedoge wrote:

I was able to reset my password, but I don't know my effing username. Is there a default that it's set to? I swear I didn't get an email about this...but I successfully reset my password by providing my email...
Your email is your username (I think, maybe, possibly).

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:12 pm

XO_MissCourtney wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
Attax wrote:
ellewoods179 wrote:Wish everyone looked like their avatar, so much easier to find a Garfield and Ryan gosling on campus then ask people if they are so and so from TLS. Love reading this forum, putting off checking my email to avoid a disappointment of possibly not getting in, I want to be a part of your incoming class sooo bad!
I do look just like garfield.

Or you can pm me a link to facebook and we can add you to the FB group for TLS'ers so you can easily know what we all look like!
I like to think I look like Ryan Gosling.
I actually picture you as an awesomely tattooed Matt Damon...and the song Scotti Doesn't Know plays as your intro music whenever you walk into a room.
I'd be happy with Matt Damon. I am awesomely tattooed, good catch.

Lebrarian_Booker

Silver

Post by Lebrarian_Booker » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:13 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
peachesthedoge wrote:

Your email is your username (I think, maybe, possibly).
180 bro, 1-fuckin-80

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:21 pm

johnnyquest wrote:Long time lurker...first time poster. I was accepted a few weeks ago and thought I would join in on this insanely entertaining thread. I do have a question though. I've been researching areas around campus (The Loop, DeMun, CWE) and I was wondering which one is the best fit for a law student, his girlfriend (an accountant, if that matters) and his dog? I'm looking to keep average rent and utilities (gas, electric) to under $1000 per month. Thanks!
Congrats! I haven't been to St. Louis, but it seems that the CWE is the best fit for me, and I'm sure it would work for you. It also seems better for a couple than the Loop.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bound

Silver

Post by bound » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:34 pm

I have the Jack in the Box commercial stuck in my head. "Itsss porrrrrrk. its beef and pork. and bacon in your burger!"

Idk why I told you guys that.

peachesthedoge

Bronze

Post by peachesthedoge » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:35 pm

Austinbound wrote:I have the Jack in the Box commercial stuck in my head. "Itsss porrrrrrk. its beef and pork. and bacon in your burger!"

hey austin wanna be best frenz

bound

Silver

Post by bound » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:38 pm

peachesthedoge wrote:
Austinbound wrote:I have the Jack in the Box commercial stuck in my head. "Itsss porrrrrrk. its beef and pork. and bacon in your burger!"

Can we pweeeeeze?

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:42 pm

peachesthedoge wrote:

... such jealous.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

peachesthedoge

Bronze

Post by peachesthedoge » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:45 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
peachesthedoge wrote:

... such jealous.
don't worry we can always make room for ryan gosling

Fiero85

Gold

Post by Fiero85 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:47 pm

johnnyquest wrote:Long time lurker...first time poster. I was accepted a few weeks ago and thought I would join in on this insanely entertaining thread. I do have a question though. I've been researching areas around campus (The Loop, DeMun, CWE) and I was wondering which one is the best fit for a law student, his girlfriend (an accountant, if that matters) and his dog? I'm looking to keep average rent and utilities (gas, electric) to under $1000 per month. Thanks!
Welcome, brother Johnny Q! My answer kinda depends on where your gf would be working, but generally, I would recommend checking out the Clayton/Brentwood neighborhoods west of campus for you because I assume you might want a yard or places to walk the dog. The places you listed are good too, but Clayton is more suburban, if that's what you're looking for. Good luck!

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:55 pm

peachesthedoge wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
peachesthedoge wrote:

... such jealous.
don't worry we can always make room for ryan gosling
I'm already like bffs with Fiero (idk if he knows that yet) so you two can have your fun.

BlackCanary

Bronze

Post by BlackCanary » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:03 pm

Scott is the cutest thing evah in my head. A cross between Ryan Gosling and Stephen Amell.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:05 pm

BlackCanary wrote:Scott is the cutest thing evah in my head. A cross between Ryan Gosling and Stephen Amell.
I don't know why everyone is so preoccupied with my looks but please keep the compliments coming :lol:

johnnyquest

Bronze

Post by johnnyquest » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:05 pm

Fiero85 wrote:
Welcome, brother Johnny Q! My answer kinda depends on where your gf would be working, but generally, I would recommend checking out the Clayton/Brentwood neighborhoods west of campus for you because I assume you might want a yard or places to walk the dog. The places you listed are good too, but Clayton is more suburban, if that's what you're looking for. Good luck!
Thanks for the input. Girlfriend will be working downtown. I'd like to be close enough to bike or walk to class. I don't know if suburbs would be our scene as we would like to live next to some nice bars and restaurants and maybe a park close by to walk the dog. Is St. Louis a pretty bike-friendly city? Oh, and Scotti, thanks for the warm welcome. What drew you to CWE?

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:09 pm

johnnyquest wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:
Thanks for the input. Girlfriend will be working downtown. I'd like to be close enough to bike or walk to class. I don't know if suburbs would be our scene as we would like to live next to some nice bars and restaurants and maybe a park close by to walk the dog. Is St. Louis a pretty bike-friendly city? Oh, and Scotti, thanks for the warm welcome. What drew you to CWE?
I've heard that CWE is one of the most popular neighborhoods for law students, and apparently a place where people regularly go out. I wanted to be in the center of nightlife, since I plan on participating in a lot of it, but I also want to be away from undergrads a bit. Apparently CWE also has a yuppie vibe, which I like. On the other hand I have no idea what I'm talking about, so listen to Fiero.

BlackCanary

Bronze

Post by BlackCanary » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:19 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
BlackCanary wrote:Scott is the cutest thing evah in my head. A cross between Ryan Gosling and Stephen Amell.
I don't know why everyone is so preoccupied with my looks but please keep the compliments coming :lol:
Eh, that's just what you've looked like in my head from day 1.
Probably a good thing we're going to different ASD 'cause otherwise I would just run and give you all of the hugs.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

wittyhandle

Bronze

Post by wittyhandle » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:24 pm

You guys seem like the most amazing people to drink with, like, ever! But I'm staying with the bestie in St. Peter's and will have to drive myself back to her place. :(

I think this is only the second time I have ever been the sober one...

But if I stick around late enough and you guys need some rides I will try to help you out!

Fiero85

Gold

Post by Fiero85 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:56 pm

johnnyquest wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:
Gotcha, well then yes I would adjust my recommendation a tad. Walking/biking distance from school does include Clayton, but if the gf is driving downtown daily I'd say CWE or other close to school areas that are east of campus. It'll be an easier commute for her and still close to lots of bars/restaurants.

STL isn't necessarily "bike-friendly" for transport (excellent places to bike for recreation/exercise) but it's not hazardous either. Biking is doable if you know how to bike safely near traffic.

Attax

Gold

Post by Attax » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:34 pm

Everyone who requested the FB group has been sent an invite. If you are wondering who I am, think about 2 miles above the ground and you shall seek your answer :mrgreen:

Fiero85

Gold

Post by Fiero85 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:38 pm

Attax wrote:Everyone who requested the FB group has been sent an invite. If you are wondering who I am, think about 2 miles above the ground and you shall seek find your answer :mrgreen:
lol fixed

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”