WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
11
12%
22-23
27
29%
24-26
38
40%
27-30
14
15%
30+
4
4%
 
Total votes: 94

User avatar
bound
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby bound » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:41 pm

Cardinals game for April WUSTLers?

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:43 pm

Austinbound wrote:Cardinals game for April WUSTLers?


Lolz at the Cardinals.

Although I'd go to a Cardinals game over the damn Rangers.

User avatar
Naijababy93
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Naijababy93 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:44 pm

Attax wrote:
Austinbound wrote:Cardinals game for April WUSTLers?


Lolz at the Cardinals.

Although I'd go to a Cardinals game over the damn Rangers.


Not a baseball fan! But anything to chill with my future peeps!!!!

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:46 pm

For anyone going in March, my flight back is late. I may find the local drop zone and go for a few jumps if anyone is interested in tagging along.

pauly_biegler
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 6:54 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby pauly_biegler » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:46 pm

Austinbound wrote:Cardinals game for April WUSTLers?




Sounds like it could be fun! I've heard busch stadium is real nice.

User avatar
bound
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby bound » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:50 pm

Yeah I couldn't give two shits about the cardinals haha. I was just thinking about the social aspect/beer/hot dog.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:52 pm

Austinbound wrote:Yeah I couldn't give two shits about the cardinals haha. I was just thinking about the social aspect/beer/hot dog.


Good point. Baseball is second only to hockey in terms of worthwhile mass spectator sports.

User avatar
John Everyman
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby John Everyman » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:55 pm

Attax wrote:
Austinbound wrote:Yeah I couldn't give two shits about the cardinals haha. I was just thinking about the social aspect/beer/hot dog.


Good point. Baseball is second only to hockey in terms of worthwhile mass spectator sports.


I don't feed trolls...I only point them out when I see them.

we all know football is a hell of a lot more fun to watch than baseball...

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:58 pm

John Everyman wrote:
Attax wrote:
Austinbound wrote:Yeah I couldn't give two shits about the cardinals haha. I was just thinking about the social aspect/beer/hot dog.


Good point. Baseball is second only to hockey in terms of worthwhile mass spectator sports.


I don't feed trolls...I only point them out when I see them.

we all know football is a hell of a lot more fun to watch than baseball...


It is cute that people still lie to themselves about this topic. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:05 pm

There's flaws to all of them.

Baseball: I love it, but it can be incredibly boring. Couple boring with occasional awful weather--->yikes.
Hockey: cold and hard to see the puck sometimes from my cheap seats
Football: no such thing as great seats in football (the action is decentralized and the sidelines are huge). Also weather issues.
Basketball: actually, my only complaint is that bball by nature of being roofed doesn't reap the benefits of an awesome sunny day. Grass is always greener complaint, I know.

(And if you can't tell already, I intentionally neglet to mention soccer because anyone with half a brain knows that it is boring as shit to watch live or otherwise).

P.s. on topic note: I recently changed my registration to include Thursday official events too. Just call or email if you want to do the same. Yay free food.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:06 pm

Which is why racing trumps. If it is raining, they'll still race. It is outside, but grandstands are easily covered and it is far from boring (unless NASCAR).

bostonbrewer
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:32 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby bostonbrewer » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:07 pm

Live baseball in the summer is hard to beat. Basketball is great if it's a good game and the crowd is into it; otherwise, meh.

I've only been to one football game (and TBF it was the 400-section at Fed Ex Field) but my reaction was that I'd straight up rather watch it on TV.

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:10 pm

Attax wrote:Which is why racing trumps. If it is raining, they'll still race. It is outside, but grandstands are easily covered and it is far from boring (unless NASCAR...aka the most common racing in the USA...hardly anything else to go watch--->not a practical solution).


ftfy

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:15 pm

bostonbrewer wrote:Live baseball in the summer is hard to beat. Basketball is great if it's a good game and the crowd is into it; otherwise, meh.

I've only been to one football game (and TBF it was the 400-section at Fed Ex Field) but my reaction was that I'd straight up rather watch it on TV.


That's the main conclusion I've come to.

For football, tailgating is awesome, but the actual game can be a huge letdown logistically. I'd rather invest in a legit man cave for my Sunday viewing pleasure than in NFL season tix.

(Plus MOAR GAMES to watch for when my 2 NFL teams inevitably crash and burn, whether that's within an individual game or just the season as a whole)

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:17 pm

Fiero85 wrote:
Attax wrote:Which is why racing trumps. If it is raining, they'll still race. It is outside, but grandstands are easily covered and it is far from boring (unless NASCAR...aka the most common racing in the USA...hardly anything else to go watch--->not a practical solution).


ftfy


If you know where to look, good quality racing can be found! :mrgreen:

User avatar
John Everyman
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby John Everyman » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:18 pm

Fiero85 wrote:
bostonbrewer wrote:Live baseball in the summer is hard to beat. Basketball is great if it's a good game and the crowd is into it; otherwise, meh.

I've only been to one football game (and TBF it was the 400-section at Fed Ex Field) but my reaction was that I'd straight up rather watch it on TV.


That's the main conclusion I've come to.

For football, tailgating is awesome, but the actual game can be a huge letdown logistically. I'd rather invest in a legit man cave for my Sunday viewing pleasure than in NFL season tix.

(Plus MOAR GAMES to watch for when my 2 NFL teams inevitably crash and burn, whether that's within an individual game or just the season as a whole)


Eh, if you can get good seats (sideline right around the 50 yard line, less than 80-100 rows back) to a good game, nothing beats football. I will give you that that is kind of a unicorn though.

pauly_biegler
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 6:54 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby pauly_biegler » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:33 pm

I'm football and hockey first, given Buffalo NY not having a pro baseball team. I root for the yankees by default (gonna duck to avoid the insults now)

User avatar
peachesthedoge
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:57 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby peachesthedoge » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:36 pm

okay baseball is the shiz but the cards are out of town the first weekend in april

and what up pauly, I'm from rochacha

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby JustHawkin » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:48 pm

peachesthedoge wrote:okay baseball is the shiz but the cards are out of town the first weekend in april

and what up pauly, I'm from rochacha

Thursday Blues v Sabres FTW

ETA: or Saturday versus Colorado

User avatar
AceDeuces
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:14 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby AceDeuces » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:53 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
peachesthedoge wrote:okay baseball is the shiz but the cards are out of town the first weekend in april

and what up pauly, I'm from rochacha

Thursday Blues v Sabres FTW

ETA: or Saturday versus Colorado



I'd be so down for a hockey game.

User avatar
Naijababy93
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Naijababy93 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:04 pm

Nothing beats some good ole championship SEC football. 90,000 fans every weekend was top notch!

Coming from SEC country i am very biased

User avatar
AceDeuces
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:14 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby AceDeuces » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:11 pm

Naijababy93 wrote:Nothing beats some good ole championship SEC football. 90,000 fans every weekend was top notch!

Coming from SEC country i am very biased


90,000? Ha. That's cute. 109,901 or bust.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:12 pm

Naijababy93 wrote:Nothing beats some good ole championship SEC football. 90,000 fans every weekend was top notch!

Coming from SEC country i am very biased

LOLZ SEC 100,119 here

User avatar
Naijababy93
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Naijababy93 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:25 pm

Attax wrote:
Naijababy93 wrote:Nothing beats some good ole championship SEC football. 90,000 fans every weekend was top notch!

Coming from SEC country i am very biased

LOLZ SEC 100,119 here


Pffffft i scoff at your stupid numbers. GO GATORS!!!!! Ignore the past few years.......

ojala
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:06 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby ojala » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:34 pm

Attax wrote:
pauly_biegler wrote:I still maintain that if I'm present they're going to regret student organized happy hour! It is anheuser-busch hall after all...


Happy hour is gonna be the shit!


It looks like they mighty have cut things from the agenda. According to the most recent email we'll be done at 3:30 now. Guess we have to move up happy hour :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AJ1010, Bing [Bot], Cfitz, govlife, laqueredup, Leliana, lillawyer2, longsh0305, mse2020, ray.bee, rizzlebizness, smashbash, ThorB and 43 guests