WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
11
12%
22-23
27
29%
24-26
38
40%
27-30
14
15%
30+
4
4%
 
Total votes: 94

User avatar
LyricsToLitigation
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby LyricsToLitigation » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:15 pm

I love how I leave for literally one day... Up like 6 pages... I'm so proud :D

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:15 pm

LyricsToLitigation wrote:I love how I leave for literally one day... Up like 6 pages... I'm so proud :D


Not having a post on page 100 is TTT :mrgreen:

User avatar
kirbyb
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:09 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby kirbyb » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:23 pm

IN! I had an "interview complete" date change today so I've been waiting. Really excited to see STL (probably April)

User avatar
mazer
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby mazer » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:25 pm

kirbyb wrote:IN! I had an "interview complete" date change today so I've been waiting. Really excited to see STL (probably April)


Congrats! If I go to ASD then it'll definitely be the April one, too.

User avatar
xoxo_gossipgirl
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:21 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby xoxo_gossipgirl » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:32 pm

kirbyb wrote:IN! I had an "interview complete" date change today so I've been waiting. Really excited to see STL (probably April)

Same here! First acceptance of the cycle for me (I applied on the late side). So excited, especially because of all you crazy rascals in this thread!

User avatar
cron1834
Posts: 1921
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:36 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby cron1834 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:51 pm

Stipend email today. Can't make March, but considering April.

pauly_biegler
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 6:54 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby pauly_biegler » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:52 pm

IN!!! this school jumped a lot for me after the interview yesterday. Real excited.

samblackbones
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:29 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby samblackbones » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:10 pm

IN via e-mail. Interview yesterday. Only checked my inbox 234059 times today. . . .
Not a word about scholarships in the first e-mail, which I hope doesn't bode poorly for me. Either way its great to get accepted.

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:12 pm

CookieDough wrote:
BlackCanary wrote:
scotth724 wrote:I'm scared that no travel stipend for me spells bad news for my anticipated scholly... :/

At least you got the "we're sending your app over to the scholly people" email.

Though all apps go to them, so I'm sure it's meaningless....right?

How far away are you? Looks like it's based on distance.



False. I'm in LA. I'd assume that's pretty far away lol


Nah...I'm less than 5 miles away and they didn't even consider me for one :? :wink:

User avatar
BlackCanary
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:39 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby BlackCanary » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:13 pm

Anyone doing ASD Thursday?

samblackbones wrote:IN via e-mail. Interview yesterday. Only checked my inbox 234059 times today. . . .
Not a word about scholarships in the first e-mail, which I hope doesn't bode poorly for me. Either way its great to get accepted.

scholly comes later.

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:15 pm

Congrats to today's admits!! Hope you get enough money to make WUSTL even more attractive/viable!

Seems like Wednesday is a new decision day on top of the normal Friday waves. Nice.

pauly_biegler
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 6:54 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby pauly_biegler » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:19 pm

So how have you all been requesting travel stipends? Will I get an email about this? Maybe jumping the gun a little bit I only got accepted like an hour ago...

User avatar
CookieDough
Posts: 404
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby CookieDough » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:21 pm

Fiero85 wrote:
CookieDough wrote:
BlackCanary wrote:
scotth724 wrote:I'm scared that no travel stipend for me spells bad news for my anticipated scholly... :/

At least you got the "we're sending your app over to the scholly people" email.

Though all apps go to them, so I'm sure it's meaningless....right?

How far away are you? Looks like it's based on distance.



False. I'm in LA. I'd assume that's pretty far away lol


Nah...I'm less than 5 miles away and they didn't even consider me for one :? :wink:


:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
matthewfsq
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:17 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby matthewfsq » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:48 pm


User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:50 pm

pauly_biegler wrote:IN!!! this school jumped a lot for me after the interview yesterday. Real excited.

<3

pauly_biegler
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 6:54 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby pauly_biegler » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:11 pm

how have they been on scholarships this cycle? Brutal or alright? and does this school negotiate much?

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:20 pm

pauly_biegler wrote:how have they been on scholarships this cycle? Brutal or alright? and does this school negotiate much?


Reverse splitters seem to be getting good money.

High LSATs seem to be getting lowballed.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:22 pm

Attax wrote:
pauly_biegler wrote:how have they been on scholarships this cycle? Brutal or alright? and does this school negotiate much?


Reverse splitters seem to be getting good money.

High LSATs seem to be getting lowballed.

Please keep saying beautiful things like this. Pauly, wustl seems to be good with negotiating, at least later in the cycle.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:44 pm

scotth724 wrote:
Attax wrote:
pauly_biegler wrote:how have they been on scholarships this cycle? Brutal or alright? and does this school negotiate much?


Reverse splitters seem to be getting good money.

High LSATs seem to be getting lowballed.

Please keep saying beautiful things like this. Pauly, wustl seems to be good with negotiating, at least later in the cycle.


This. Everyone reports full rides didn't come out until June/July. DOn't be surprised if you get lowballed, but ride it out!

User avatar
LET'S GET IT
Posts: 1309
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:19 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby LET'S GET IT » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:52 pm

Attax wrote:
pauly_biegler wrote:how have they been on scholarships this cycle? Brutal or alright? and does this school negotiate much?


Reverse splitters seem to be getting good money.

High LSATs seem to be getting lowballed.


This. Also to answer your earlier question about the stipend, mine came a week after the acceptance e-mail. Don't know if that is the norm.

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Otunga » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:58 am

In via email! Had the call interview yesterday.

User avatar
matthewfsq
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:17 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby matthewfsq » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:12 am

>900 offer but <200 matri... striking proportion... so many admits choose not to attend WUSTL?

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:16 am

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15418
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby sublime » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:21 am

..

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Otunga » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:30 am

sublime wrote:
matthewfsq wrote:>900 offer but <200 matri... striking proportion... so many admits choose not to attend WUSTL?



1) WUSTL doesn't really YP.

2) It is in kind of a weird place, where it is outside the T14 and to some extent trying to poach applicants from lower T14, a good number I imagine end up going to the T14 (or even Vandy, UT, or UCLA).

Those are my guesses at least.

Although matriculation rate is not something I would really worry about when trying to pick a school.


It appears distinct from peer schools since it feeds into an assortment of markets. UT, UCLA, Vandy, BC and BU (a few others as well?) place significantly into their local markets or surrounding areas. Perhaps it's more of a 'why not?' app than its peers because it isn't a regional, so it gets more applicants from all over the place. It's only speculation.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron1621, ellielaw, hip to be Square, mav1993, playersball, studyingeveryday and 20 guests