WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
12%
22-23
29%
24-26
40%
27-30
15%
30+
4%

Total votes: 94

John Everyman

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby John Everyman » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:52 pm

So, just noticed that there is no third tier reality profile for WashU...guy just couldn't think of anything bad to say about the school? He certainly hits ND hard enough.

Also, just got an email pairing me with an alum, faculty, and a student for questions. Has anyone emailed any of these people?

yossarian

Postby yossarian » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:55 pm

John Everyman wrote:So, just noticed that there is no third tier reality profile for WashU...guy just couldn't think of anything bad to say about the school? He certainly hits ND hard enough.

Also, just got an email pairing me with an alum, faculty, and a student for questions. Has anyone emailed any of these people?

Just got this email as well. I want to appear interested, but I really feel like I have all the information I need at this point. Will probably email them this weekend.

peachesthedoge

Postby peachesthedoge » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:04 pm

yossarian71 wrote:
John Everyman wrote:So, just noticed that there is no third tier reality profile for WashU...guy just couldn't think of anything bad to say about the school? He certainly hits ND hard enough.

Just got this email as well. I want to appear interested, but I really feel like I have all the information I need at this point. Will probably email them this weekend.

I live in the area so I emailed the student and we met up for a few hours - he was really cool and informative. My faculty member emailed me to congratulate me on my acceptance and offer herself as a resource. I thanked her, told her how thrilled I am to be offered admission, and told her I would let her know if I had any specific questions for her. :)

Ricky-Bobby

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:05 pm

Ugh. That blog is the most obnoxious thing I have ever read. His writing style is awful and he overuses bad language in a failed attempt at humor. Even I'm not this crude.

LET'S GET IT

Postby LET'S GET IT » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:07 pm

peachesthedoge wrote:
yossarian71 wrote:

I live in the area so I emailed the student and we met up for a few hours - he was really cool and informative. My faculty member emailed me to congratulate me on my acceptance and offer herself as a resource. I thanked her, told her how thrilled I am to be offered admission, and told her I would let her know if I had any specific questions for her. :)

So am I understanding this right that you all got a alum, faculty, and a current student? I got the e-mail from the alum but not from a current student or faculty member.

CookieDough

Postby CookieDough » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:10 pm

Just got the email saying they can't afford to give me the travel stipend. Really? :x How can they spend so much time trying to figure out if I'd actually move to stl but not help me get there to figure that out??

mazer

Postby mazer » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:11 pm

Interesting--I have yet to get any e-mails from people associated with the school (excluding the Admission Office formal letters). There any consistency to the practice?

yossarian

Postby yossarian » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:16 pm

LET'S GET IT wrote:
peachesthedoge wrote:
yossarian71 wrote:

So am I understanding this right that you all got a alum, faculty, and a current student? I got the e-mail from the alum but not from a current student or faculty member.

I have not received an email from any of them, but I got an email from WUSTL listing my three contacts

aesth24

Postby aesth24 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:25 pm

yossarian71 wrote:I have not received an email from any of them, but I got an email from WUSTL listing my three contacts

John Everyman

Postby John Everyman » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:25 pm

aesth24 wrote:
yossarian71 wrote:I have not received an email from any of them, but I got an email from WUSTL listing my three contacts

Lebrarian_Booker

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:26 pm

Oh man, getting pretty depressed about this whole law school thing reading his blog

JustHawkin

Postby JustHawkin » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:27 pm

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:

Oh man, getting pretty depressed about this whole law school thing reading his blog

I'm out of the loop here. Link?!

John Everyman

Postby John Everyman » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:28 pm

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:

His blog was the first warning I got about the realities of law school before TLS and the like...back when I was fully considering going to Marquette at full tuition. A little jarring, but definitely valuable in its own right.

John Everyman

Postby John Everyman » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:30 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
Lebrarian_Booker wrote:

http://lawschoolsewagepitprofiles.wordpress.com/

Warning: Do not eat lunch while viewing.

Savage13

Postby Savage13 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:33 pm

CookieDough wrote:Just got the email saying they can't afford to give me the travel stipend. Really? :x How can they spend so much time trying to figure out if I'd actually move to stl but not help me get there to figure that out??

That's better than what they did to me. They sent me an email offering me a travel stipend with a list of requirements to comply with to get the stipend. I visited the school and made sure to comply with all the requirements. A few weeks later, I got an email rejecting my reimbursement because I failed to comply with an additional requirement that they never informed me of. They even went so far as to condescendingly tell me that they had told me about this requirement in the original stipend award email. I copy and pasted the original email showing that there was no mention of it and now they are ignoring my emails. I think I have just been WUSTLED.

LET'S GET IT

Postby LET'S GET IT » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:33 pm

John Everyman wrote:
aesth24 wrote:

Just found the one from WASHU. It was in my spam folder. Thanks everyone.

LET'S GET IT

Postby LET'S GET IT » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:35 pm

Savage13 wrote:
CookieDough wrote:Just got the email saying they can't afford to give me the travel stipend. Really? :x How can they spend so much time trying to figure out if I'd actually move to stl but not help me get there to figure that out??

That's better than what they did to me. They sent me an email offering me a travel stipend with a list of requirements to comply with to get the stipend. I visited the school and made sure to comply with all the requirements. A few weeks later, I got an email rejecting my reimbursement because I failed to comply with an additional requirement that they never informed me of. They even went so far as to condescendingly tell me that they had told me about this requirement in the original stipend award email. I copy and pasted the original email showing that there was no mention of it and now they are ignoring my emails. I think I have just been WUSTLED.

What was the additional requirement? Visiting in March and certainly don't want to be WUSTLED!

Lebrarian_Booker

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:38 pm

Savage13 wrote:

>I think I have just been WUSTLED
>WUSTLED

lol

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:23 pm

John Everyman wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:
Lebrarian_Booker wrote:

http://lawschoolsewagepitprofiles.wordpress.com/

Warning: Do not eat lunch while viewing.

Wow. UCLA and USC are on that list too.

Lebrarian_Booker

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:24 pm

He has Duke and UVA on that list as well!

John Everyman

Postby John Everyman » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:34 pm

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:He has Duke and UVA on that list as well!

Yeah, I think he probably started out hitting school like Cooley and Cardozo and then got intoxicated with the attention and crept up the rankings. Most of the critiques of the better schools seem to be written later.

Lebrarian_Booker

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:37 pm

John Everyman wrote:

Yeah, I think he probably started out hitting school like Cooley and Cardozo and then got intoxicated with the attention and crept up the rankings. Most of the critiques of the better schools seem to be written later.

The one thing that kinda gets me about his writing is that he just states the tuition, the average debt, and the employment statistics, but fails to make the case for why it's a bad deal. I mean, how do I know if those numbers are good or bad?

Fiero85

Postby Fiero85 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:37 pm

John Everyman wrote:

Yep I noticed that too. Also, to the poster who first brought up the question: Notre Dame/UCLA/USC/UVA and the higher ranked schools he choose to address are all bigger "names" then WUSTL, so I imagine the main motive is click baiting.

sublime

Postby sublime » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:41 pm

LyricsToLitigation

Postby LyricsToLitigation » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:49 pm

Fiero85 wrote:
John Everyman wrote:

Yep I noticed that too. Also, to the poster who first brought up the question: Notre Dame/UCLA/USC/UVA and the higher ranked schools he choose to address are all bigger "names" then WUSTL, so I imagine the main motive is click baiting.

i know its not necessarily good argumentation skills to attack the person writing the blog... but he went to a TTT crap school which tells you he most likely could not have attended a school as good as wustl or better, and mostly just uses the data that the schools themselves report but twisting it to look worse. He also doesn't go into any detail about how generous schools like wustl are with scholly... so... much like anything you read I hope you guys take that trash ass blog's "advice" with a grain of salt

Rant over.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”