WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
12%
22-23
29%
24-26
40%
27-30
15%
30+
4%

Total votes: 94

Attax

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:58 pm

That would be me. I'm on a restricted network and currently do not have access to my facebook though :(

Fiero85

Postby Fiero85 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:59 pm

LET'S GET IT wrote:Congrats on making it (almost) official Fiero! I swear choosing where to go is the hardest thing ever. I've been trying to make others decide for me.

TeddyPicker wrote:Congratulations on the decision! I am leaning towards WUSTL. Hopefully I have a moment of clarity to make that decision easy.

Thanks everyone! As a local, WUSTL was my top choice way back when I first thought about law school. I started studying for the LSAT almost exactly a year ago, with the goal of making WUSTL financially feasible. Once that was taken care of, the choice was easy.

Many of you have a more complex decision than that, but I encourage all of you to stick with WUSTL a few more weeks/months until you've gotten their true max offer. Then come back here or make a "choosing" thread and we'll be happy to help you hash out whether it is the right choice for you!

barrelofmonkeys

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:00 pm

scotth724 wrote:in.

CONGRATSSSSSS!

--ImageRemoved--

Attax

Postby Attax » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:00 pm

Fiero85 wrote:
LET'S GET IT wrote:Congrats on making it (almost) official Fiero! I swear choosing where to go is the hardest thing ever. I've been trying to make others decide for me.

TeddyPicker wrote:Congratulations on the decision! I am leaning towards WUSTL. Hopefully I have a moment of clarity to make that decision easy.

Thanks everyone! As a local, WUSTL was my top choice way back when I first thought about law school. I started studying for the LSAT almost exactly a year ago, with the goal of making WUSTL financially feasible. Once that was taken care of, the choice was easy.

Many of you have a more complex decision than that, but I encourage all of you to stick with WUSTL a few more weeks/months until you've gotten their true max offer. Then come back here or make a "choosing" thread and we'll be happy to help you hash out whether it is the right choice for you!

So nice. Seriously guys, even though you all know I'll be at Texas, can we just start a firm and all be friends after LS?!

Attax

Postby Attax » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:01 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
scotth724 wrote:in.

CONGRATSSSSSS!

--ImageRemoved--

AAAWWWWWWWWWWW YES

Ricky-Bobby

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:04 pm

scotth724 wrote:So when do we get a login for the accepted students site? I want to register for ASW.

mylaw.wustl.edu

Click the admitted students login box, click "Forgot my Password," and reset your password using the email on your LSAC application (the one the school uses to send you things).

This is the only way I know of to get in, but I guess they expect us to do it this way since the ASD registration is in there.

TeddyPicker

Postby TeddyPicker » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:08 pm

Fiero85 wrote:

Thank you. That's great for you, though. I really like what I've read about WUSTL, and UT was the only school in TX that I applied to. From what I've seen, WUSTL is a great environment and fairly communal compared to others. UT would be my game changer, but I still have yet to hear anything (December LSAT taker).

Attax

Postby Attax » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:11 pm

TeddyPicker wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:

Thank you. That's great for you, though. I really like what I've read about WUSTL, and UT was the only school in TX that I applied to. From what I've seen, WUSTL is a great environment and fairly communal compared to others. UT would be my game changer, but I still have yet to hear anything (December LSAT taker).

I take it you are here in Texas? UT was my game changer, otherwise I'd have probably been looking at WUSTL as my top choice. In fact, I applied with the intent of WUSTL or Emory being my most likely place I'd get in and attend. The people there seem wonderful though, and I gotta take my logical approach to this decision.

bostonbrewer

Postby bostonbrewer » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:14 pm

FWIW, I'm on the waitlist at UT as well. So there could be a WUSTL TLS satellite chapter in Austin :D

Fiero85

Postby Fiero85 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:15 pm

Attax wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:

So nice. Seriously guys, even though you all know I'll be at Texas, can we just start a firm and all be friends after LS?!

Definitely dude. UT is the right choice for you, just as Wash U is the right choice for me. Plus we can share mad recommendations when we have way too many big clients to handle :D

TeddyPicker

Postby TeddyPicker » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:17 pm

Attax wrote:
TeddyPicker wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:

I take it you are here in Texas? UT was my game changer, otherwise I'd have probably been looking at WUSTL as my top choice. In fact, I applied with the intent of WUSTL or Emory being my most likely place I'd get in and attend. The people there seem wonderful though, and I gotta take my logical approach to this decision.

Yeah I'm from deep South Texas (Corpus Christi; Texas A&M University-Kingsville). My fiancé is going to Texas State for grad school so I'd love to stay close. Plus, I grew up dreaming of attending UT. I just didn't want to take out a whole lot of loans for my undergrad. I had a great feeling about applying to WUSTL, and I'm surprised that I got into Vanderbilt. That makes me feel confident about UT, but I'm just trying not to get too far ahead of myself.

Attax

Postby Attax » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:19 pm

TeddyPicker wrote:Yeah I'm from deep South Texas (Corpus Christi; Texas A&M University-Kingsville). My fiancé is going to Texas State for grad school so I'd love to stay close. Plus, I grew up dreaming of attending UT. I just didn't want to take out a whole lot of loans for my undergrad. I had a great feeling about applying to WUSTL, and I'm surprised that I got into Vanderbilt. That makes me feel confident about UT, but I'm just trying not to get too far ahead of myself.

Ah okay, I'm from the Piney Woods. I saw you were >75th and <25th Lsat/GPA for WUSTL. Check out LSN, you may be good for Texas if that LSAT is above 167. None of us above 167 with <25th GPAs have been rejected on LSN. Come join us over there as well in the UT thread (so I can keep this one on topic :P

Fiero85

Postby Fiero85 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:21 pm

TeddyPicker wrote:
Attax wrote:
TeddyPicker wrote:Thank you. That's great for you, though. I really like what I've read about WUSTL, and UT was the only school in TX that I applied to. From what I've seen, WUSTL is a great environment and fairly communal compared to others. UT would be my game changer, but I still have yet to hear anything (December LSAT taker).

Yeah I'm from deep South Texas (Corpus Christi; Texas A&M University-Kingsville). My fiancé is going to Texas State for grad school so I'd love to stay close. Plus, I grew up dreaming of attending UT. I just didn't want to take out a whole lot of loans for my undergrad. I had a great feeling about applying to WUSTL, and I'm surprised that I got into Vanderbilt. That makes me feel confident about UT, but I'm just trying not to get too far ahead of myself.

Nice, I hope UT pulls through for you!

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:35 pm

Yay all registered for March 7th! So what's the plan for everyone? We hitting the bars on Thursday and Friday night, then maybe explore St. Louis on Saturday?

Attax

Postby Attax » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:37 pm

scotth724 wrote:Yay all registered for March 7th! So what's the plan for everyone? We hitting the bars on Thursday and Friday night, then maybe explore St. Louis on Saturday?

April ASW > March ASW :P

JustHawkin

Postby JustHawkin » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:39 pm

Attax wrote:April ASW > March ASW :P

TCR

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:43 pm

Excuse me I'm excited and want to visit NOW

Attax

Postby Attax » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:44 pm

scotth724 wrote:Excuse me I'm excited and want to visit NOW

Haha, I don't blame you! I really wanna go visit too!

Fiero85

Postby Fiero85 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:44 pm

JustHawkin wrote:

TCR

Both, in fact, is TCR

(I'm actually going to March, but I'm down for the night events in April too if you all let me know where and when!)

JustHawkin

Postby JustHawkin » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:45 pm

Fiero85 wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:

TCR

Both, in fact, is TCR

(I'm actually going to March, but I'm down for the night events in April too if you all let me know where and when!)

bound

Postby bound » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:46 pm

APRIL CREW is the best crew ;)

Jk, I wish I was going to March.

Attax

Postby Attax » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:47 pm

Austinbound wrote:APRIL CREW is the best crew ;)

Jk, I wish I was going to March.

I do too, but alas I am lame and can't :(

Fiero85

Postby Fiero85 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:49 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:

TCR

Both, in fact, is TCR

I'll sign up for April using my TLS moniker. Hopefully they print out nametags :D .

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:50 pm

Fiero85 wrote:I'll sign up for April using my TLS moniker. Hopefully they print out nametags :D .

We should all just use our TLS monikers.

Attax

Postby Attax » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:50 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:I'll sign up for April using my TLS moniker. Hopefully they print out nametags :D .

We should all just use our TLS monikers.

Contumelious

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”