WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
11
12%
22-23
27
29%
24-26
38
40%
27-30
14
15%
30+
4
4%
 
Total votes: 94

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:26 pm

Attax wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:
cron1834 wrote:The maturity level has really dropped, and the creepiness factor has really taken off, in this thread :shock:

Step your game up, bros. Is this a K-JD thing? This was by far the chillest apps thread of the dozen or so I'm monitoring for a while there ...


Hmm Cron may have a point bros. I for one despise losing any chill points for any reason at any time.

So now that we've had a little fun to spice up a "blah" Monday: let the chill-session of this thread re-commence here and now...

(I'm by no means the boss so don't feel obliged to actually stop trolling. The Mods and Ms. Anne_Donovan make the calls around here :wink: )


I still don't think it is that bad. I mean yeah we googled her name, saw a linkedin at the top result and got a picture. That isn't really anything bad. And then obvious troll was obvious and we played along? Seemed like fairly chill to me but then again I didn't score 180 so my logic obv isn't perf. But I don't feel as if the trolling went on too long or too far. Leb outed pretty soon, but we got some laughs out of it (or at least I did). I didn't feel out of line, but eh may have been in which case I would apologize.

That being said, new poll: is attax a hitman or not a hitman?


It's all good man. Just throwing a quick reminder in for posterity and to support my "I tried to warn them" evidence file in case things really get out of hand on here :wink: .

Edit: Mods addressed it. Hopefully with a mercifully short ban!

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:29 pm

Fiero85 wrote:
Attax wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:
cron1834 wrote:The maturity level has really dropped, and the creepiness factor has really taken off, in this thread :shock:

Step your game up, bros. Is this a K-JD thing? This was by far the chillest apps thread of the dozen or so I'm monitoring for a while there ...


Hmm Cron may have a point bros. I for one despise losing any chill points for any reason at any time.

So now that we've had a little fun to spice up a "blah" Monday: let the chill-session of this thread re-commence here and now...

(I'm by no means the boss so don't feel obliged to actually stop trolling. The Mods and Ms. Anne_Donovan make the calls around here :wink: )


I still don't think it is that bad. I mean yeah we googled her name, saw a linkedin at the top result and got a picture. That isn't really anything bad. And then obvious troll was obvious and we played along? Seemed like fairly chill to me but then again I didn't score 180 so my logic obv isn't perf. But I don't feel as if the trolling went on too long or too far. Leb outed pretty soon, but we got some laughs out of it (or at least I did). I didn't feel out of line, but eh may have been in which case I would apologize.

That being said, new poll: is attax a hitman or not a hitman?


It's all good man. Just throwing a quick reminder in for posterity and to support my "I tried to warn them" evidence file in case things really get out of hand on here :wink: .

Edit: Mods addressed it. Hopefully with a mercifully short ban!


Lolz no worries, always appreciated! It helps because sometimes we all don't think the same way. I know I hadn't thought about it being a privacy violation until it was pointed out to me! I will testify of your innocence!

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 22788
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:34 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:I will be the official party pooper: Dude, no trolling in the on-topics/alting. See you in a little while.


Does this mean he is banned?

Yes. Temporarily.

As for the picture: if someone has posted a pic on LinkedIn they're putting it out in public (assuming it shows up in a google search rather than you can see it because you're connected to them or the like), so I don't think simply posting it here is the same as posting someone's private picture without their permission (which we will absolutely ban people for doing). And nothing stops anyone from posting/commenting on a public picture, except perhaps thinking about how such comments might come across in a professional setting (the on-topics show up in google searches and are accessible to anyone on the internet).

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:35 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:I will be the official party pooper: Dude, no trolling in the on-topics/alting. See you in a little while.


Does this mean he is banned?

Yes. Temporarily.

As for the picture: if someone has posted a pic on LinkedIn they're putting it out in public, so I don't think simply posting it here is the same as posting someone's private picture without their permission (which we will absolutely ban people for doing). And nothing stops anyone from posting/commenting on a public picture, except perhaps thinking about how such comments might come across in a professional setting (the on-topics show up in google searches and are accessible to anyone on the internet).


Thanks for the explanation, ANM.

User avatar
cron1834
Posts: 1920
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:36 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby cron1834 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:45 pm

In other news, my interview went well - pretty much as described on pg 40 (or whatever).

Very friendly, super nice lady (it wasn't Donovan, fwiw). No curveball questions.

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:56 pm

cron1834 wrote:In other news, my interview went well - pretty much as described on pg 40 (or whatever).

Very friendly, super nice lady (it wasn't Donovan, fwiw). No curveball questions.


Nice, hopefully you'll hear good news this week!

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:01 pm

cron1834 wrote:In other news, my interview went well - pretty much as described on pg 40 (or whatever).

Very friendly, super nice lady (it wasn't Donovan, fwiw). No curveball questions.


Good luck. Is it pg. 40 where we were talking about interviews? Goodness!

User avatar
cron1834
Posts: 1920
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:36 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby cron1834 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:33 pm

Haha, I had to use the search box, and even then I scrolled for days.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:35 pm

cron1834 wrote:Haha, I had to use the search box, and even then I scrolled for days.


For future people reading this, I'd just ask again. I think this is one thread where I've never seen anyone just yell about using the search bar, or scrolling back through pages. We will gladly just tell you the answer again!

User avatar
theletterj
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:47 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby theletterj » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:39 pm

For future reference it is pg 37 that interview questions are mentioned including: Why law?, Why WUSTL? are the big two.

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby yossarian » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:41 pm

sublime wrote:They read the forums. And knew pretty much who everyone was last cycle. So she most definitely will see this. Also can confirm that she is cool as shit.


Dear Adcomms,

If you have seen other posts from my account questioning biglaw placement and are curious as to whether I am serious about the Webster. Yes, government is my main aspiration. I have only asked about biglaw as I am concerned about debt. However, given the Webster, I would be able to forego corporate work to repay loans and jump directly into what I hope to be my career, administrative work.

Thank you for your consideration. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Love,

Yossarian

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:49 pm

Just realized, we have more pages than some T14

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:54 pm

Well, today's events have already sold me more on wustl, so all of the shenanigans aren't completely off-topic.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:13 pm

scotth724 wrote:Well, today's events have already sold me more on wustl, so all of the shenanigans aren't completely off-topic.


Glad we can help out :mrgreen:

str8yolked
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:56 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby str8yolked » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:25 pm

Are scholarships awarded on a first come first serve basis?
Roughly how long after the email about scholarships do you find out your actual amount?

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:27 pm

str8yolked wrote:Are scholarships awarded on a first come first serve basis?
Roughly how long after the email about scholarships do you find out your actual amount?


I found mine in my spam folder today. They definitely don't seem to be first come first serve, but based a lot on likelihood of your attendance.

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby yossarian » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:30 pm

str8yolked wrote:Are scholarships awarded on a first come first serve basis?
Roughly how long after the email about scholarships do you find out your actual amount?


1) Sort of. Scholarship waves roughly correspond to admit date. However, it's rolling rather than first come, first serve. That is, stellar numbers or strong WUSTL ties may result in a sooner wave than someone with the same admit date but less compelling reasons to get $.

But, then, if you mean is the money available first come first serve, that's a more complicated answer. Initial offers are not final offers and it is unclear how they will approach the negotiations this year.

2) There has been a wide variance of "typical" time frames due mostly to the varied lengths of time between scholarship waves. They have seemed to roll out waves about 2 weeks from each other for 3 (I think) waves now. And it seems these waves are reaching 2-4 weeks back. So, I would bet money on 2-4 weeks if you feel you are a good $ candidate, but that is still not a guaranteed timeframe.

str8yolked
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:56 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby str8yolked » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:41 pm

yossarian71 wrote:
str8yolked wrote:Are scholarships awarded on a first come first serve basis?
Roughly how long after the email about scholarships do you find out your actual amount?


1) Sort of. Scholarship waves roughly correspond to admit date. However, it's rolling rather than first come, first serve. That is, stellar numbers or strong WUSTL ties may result in a sooner wave than someone with the same admit date but less compelling reasons to get $.

But, then, if you mean is the money available first come first serve, that's a more complicated answer. Initial offers are not final offers and it is unclear how they will approach the negotiations this year.

2) There has been a wide variance of "typical" time frames due mostly to the varied lengths of time between scholarship waves. They have seemed to roll out waves about 2 weeks from each other for 3 (I think) waves now. And it seems these waves are reaching 2-4 weeks back. So, I would bet money on 2-4 weeks if you feel you are a good $ candidate, but that is still not a guaranteed timeframe.


Thanks, I'm trying to figure out if I should give WUSTL a call. I was admitted in nov but they didn't notify me until recently when I called. Hoping this doesn't have an impact on my scholarship amount. You guys seem like a cool bunch and I would definitely consider attending on a full scholarship.

palbatron
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:23 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby palbatron » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:00 am

This is arguably the best thread in this section of on all of TLS. How could you rather go to a T14 after today's fun?

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:45 am

str8yolked wrote:
yossarian71 wrote:
str8yolked wrote:Are scholarships awarded on a first come first serve basis?
Roughly how long after the email about scholarships do you find out your actual amount?


1) Sort of. Scholarship waves roughly correspond to admit date. However, it's rolling rather than first come, first serve. That is, stellar numbers or strong WUSTL ties may result in a sooner wave than someone with the same admit date but less compelling reasons to get $.

But, then, if you mean is the money available first come first serve, that's a more complicated answer. Initial offers are not final offers and it is unclear how they will approach the negotiations this year.

2) There has been a wide variance of "typical" time frames due mostly to the varied lengths of time between scholarship waves. They have seemed to roll out waves about 2 weeks from each other for 3 (I think) waves now. And it seems these waves are reaching 2-4 weeks back. So, I would bet money on 2-4 weeks if you feel you are a good $ candidate, but that is still not a guaranteed timeframe.


Thanks, I'm trying to figure out if I should give WUSTL a call. I was admitted in nov but they didn't notify me until recently when I called. Hoping this doesn't have an impact on my scholarship amount. You guys seem like a cool bunch and I would definitely consider attending on a full scholarship.


Did you interview? If so, when?

str8yolked
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:56 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby str8yolked » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:06 am

Fiero85 wrote:
str8yolked wrote:
yossarian71 wrote:
str8yolked wrote:Are scholarships awarded on a first come first serve basis?
Roughly how long after the email about scholarships do you find out your actual amount?


1) Sort of. Scholarship waves roughly correspond to admit date. However, it's rolling rather than first come, first serve. That is, stellar numbers or strong WUSTL ties may result in a sooner wave than someone with the same admit date but less compelling reasons to get $.

But, then, if you mean is the money available first come first serve, that's a more complicated answer. Initial offers are not final offers and it is unclear how they will approach the negotiations this year.

2) There has been a wide variance of "typical" time frames due mostly to the varied lengths of time between scholarship waves. They have seemed to roll out waves about 2 weeks from each other for 3 (I think) waves now. And it seems these waves are reaching 2-4 weeks back. So, I would bet money on 2-4 weeks if you feel you are a good $ candidate, but that is still not a guaranteed timeframe.


Thanks, I'm trying to figure out if I should give WUSTL a call. I was admitted in nov but they didn't notify me until recently when I called. Hoping this doesn't have an impact on my scholarship amount. You guys seem like a cool bunch and I would definitely consider attending on a full scholarship.


Did you interview? If so, when?


Yah I interviewed back in Nov.

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:39 am

str8yolked wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:Did you interview? If so, when?


Yah I interviewed back in Nov.


Alright well if you haven't heard back about $$$ I'd send an email or call just to check in with them. It couldn't hurt and it has been awhile for ya, so it's not unreasonable to ask for an update soon.

P.s. this won't change your scholarship amount whatsoever. They might lowball you initially like many have had happen so far. Stick with it and negotiate when the deposit deadline gets closer. In the end (next few months) you'll get just as much as you would have without a clerical error on their part, for sure. Good luck!

User avatar
cron1834
Posts: 1920
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:36 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby cron1834 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:47 am

The Berkeley and Chicago threads are especially weak. This one is only 2 pages shy of Michigan, now, and Mich usually gets the job done!

str8yolked
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:56 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby str8yolked » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:00 am

Fiero85 wrote:
str8yolked wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:Did you interview? If so, when?


Yah I interviewed back in Nov.


Alright well if you haven't heard back about $$$ I'd send an email or call just to check in with them. It couldn't hurt and it has been awhile for ya, so it's not unreasonable to ask for an update soon.

P.s. this won't change your scholarship amount whatsoever. They might lowball you initially like many have had happen so far. Stick with it and negotiate when the deposit deadline gets closer. In the end (next few months) you'll get just as much as you would have without a clerical error on their part, for sure. Good luck!


Thanks for the info!

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:46 pm

What happened in here? I can't leave this thread for 5 minutes without you guys drawing a mod in to drop the banhammer.


cron1834 wrote:The Berkeley and Chicago threads are especially weak. This one is only 2 pages shy of Michigan, now, and Mich usually gets the job done!


I don't know about Berkeley, but the Chicago thread is certainly living up to the school's reputation as a no-fun zone.


Fiero85 wrote:It's all good man. Just throwing a quick reminder in for posterity and to support my "I tried to warn them" evidence file in case things really get out of hand on here :wink: .

Edit: Mods addressed it. Hopefully with a mercifully short ban!

yossarian71 wrote:Dear Adcomms,

If you have seen other posts from my account questioning biglaw placement and are curious as to whether I am serious about the Webster. Yes, government is my main aspiration. I have only asked about biglaw as I am concerned about debt. However, given the Webster, I would be able to forego corporate work to repay loans and jump directly into what I hope to be my career, administrative work.

Thank you for your consideration. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Love,

Yossarian


Cowards. :lol:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberb94, curry1, lawschool2017712, Long shot hero, malysh, stratton_oakmont, studyingeveryday and 18 guests