Page 74 of 315

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:52 pm
by Anna_Donovan_WUSTL
After further review of the activity in this forum, I think it come's as no surprise to many of you that we find it inappropriate to say the least.

In response: If you're an identifiable TLSer and you've already received your scholarship, we will be rescinding it. If you're an identifiable TLSer and have not received a scholarship, we will not be considering you for one.

What will we do with all this extra money? Why, give it to LeBrarian_Booker of course!

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:53 pm
by Attax
Anna_Donovan_WUSTL wrote:After further review of the activity in this forum, I think it come's as no surprise to many of you that we find it inappropriate to say the least.

In response: If you're an identifiable TLSer and you've already received your scholarship, we will be rescinding it. If you're an identifiable TLSer and have not received a scholarship, we will not be considering you for one.

What will we do with all this extra money? Why, give it to LeBrarian_Booker of course!


If I tell you my name and fess up, will you just give me a full ride?

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:54 pm
by Lebrarian_Booker
Anna_Donovan_WUSTL wrote:After further review of the activity in this forum, I think it come's as no surprise to many of you that we find it inappropriate to say the least.

In response: If you're an identifiable TLSer and you've already received your scholarship, we will be rescinding it. If you're an identifiable TLSer and have not received a scholarship, we will not be considering you for one.

What will we do with all this extra money? Why, give it to LeBrarian_Booker of course!


Thank you, thank you ladies and gentlemen! I'll be here all cycle :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit: In case attax isn't trolling (as I feel somewhat bad) LeBrarian_Booker=Anna_Donovan_WUSTL

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:56 pm
by Attax
Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
Anna_Donovan_WUSTL wrote:After further review of the activity in this forum, I think it come's as no surprise to many of you that we find it inappropriate to say the least.

In response: If you're an identifiable TLSer and you've already received your scholarship, we will be rescinding it. If you're an identifiable TLSer and have not received a scholarship, we will not be considering you for one.

What will we do with all this extra money? Why, give it to LeBrarian_Booker of course!


Thank you, thank you ladies and gentlemen! I'll be here all cycle :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit: In case attax isn't trolling (as I feel somewhat bad) LeBrarian_Booker=Anna_Donovan_WUSTL


I was trolling haha, but delinked my LSN, softs, and GPA just in the slight off chance I was wrong :P

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:56 pm
by Fiero85
Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
Anna_Donovan_WUSTL wrote:After further review of the activity in this forum, I think it come's as no surprise to many of you that we find it inappropriate to say the least.

In response: If you're an identifiable TLSer and you've already received your scholarship, we will be rescinding it. If you're an identifiable TLSer and have not received a scholarship, we will not be considering you for one.

What will we do with all this extra money? Why, give it to LeBrarian_Booker of course!


Thank you, thank you ladies and gentlemen! I'll be here all cycle :lol: :lol: :lol:


:x You...killed off Ms. Anna...you bastard!

:wink:

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:57 pm
by Attax
Fiero85 wrote:
Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
Anna_Donovan_WUSTL wrote:After further review of the activity in this forum, I think it come's as no surprise to many of you that we find it inappropriate to say the least.

In response: If you're an identifiable TLSer and you've already received your scholarship, we will be rescinding it. If you're an identifiable TLSer and have not received a scholarship, we will not be considering you for one.

What will we do with all this extra money? Why, give it to LeBrarian_Booker of course!


Thank you, thank you ladies and gentlemen! I'll be here all cycle :lol: :lol: :lol:


:x You...killed off Ms. Anna...you bastard!

:wink:


We got at least 2 solid pages of fun out of that though. 180 LEb, 180.

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:58 pm
by Fiero85
Attax wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:
Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
Anna_Donovan_WUSTL wrote:After further review of the activity in this forum, I think it come's as no surprise to many of you that we find it inappropriate to say the least.

In response: If you're an identifiable TLSer and you've already received your scholarship, we will be rescinding it. If you're an identifiable TLSer and have not received a scholarship, we will not be considering you for one.

What will we do with all this extra money? Why, give it to LeBrarian_Booker of course!


Thank you, thank you ladies and gentlemen! I'll be here all cycle :lol: :lol: :lol:


:x You...killed off Ms. Anna...you bastard!

:wink:


We got at least 2 solid pages of fun out of that though. 180 LEb, 180.


+1 many times over

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:59 pm
by cron1834
The maturity level has really dropped, and the creepiness factor has really taken off, in this thread :shock:

Step your game up, bros. Is this a K-JD thing? This was by far the chillest apps thread of the dozen or so I'm monitoring for a while there ...

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:59 pm
by Attax
Fiero85 wrote:
Attax wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:
Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
Thank you, thank you ladies and gentlemen! I'll be here all cycle :lol: :lol: :lol:


:x You...killed off Ms. Anna...you bastard!

:wink:


We got at least 2 solid pages of fun out of that though. 180 LEb, 180.


+1 many times over


#noregrets


we can use hashtags now. Right guys? Please please please

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:02 pm
by Lebrarian_Booker
cron1834 wrote:The maturity level has really dropped, and the creepiness factor has really taken off, in this thread :shock:

Step your game up, bros. Is this a K-JD thing? This was by far the chillest apps thread of the dozen or so I'm monitoring for a while there ...


Well, 2 years out of UG actually with 2 years professional WE...maturity...one does not simply become mature :)

also, yes very much #noregrets

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:03 pm
by Attax
Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
cron1834 wrote:The maturity level has really dropped, and the creepiness factor has really taken off, in this thread :shock:

Step your game up, bros. Is this a K-JD thing? This was by far the chillest apps thread of the dozen or so I'm monitoring for a while there ...


Well, 2 years out of UG actually with 2 years professional WE...maturity...one does not simply become mature :)

also, yes very much #noregrets


KJD here who owns his own business dealing with professional people (yes trying to stay ambiguous on purpose). My maturity level doesn't have to stop me from having a little trolling fun.

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:04 pm
by Lebrarian_Booker
Attax wrote:
Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
cron1834 wrote:The maturity level has really dropped, and the creepiness factor has really taken off, in this thread :shock:

Step your game up, bros. Is this a K-JD thing? This was by far the chillest apps thread of the dozen or so I'm monitoring for a while there ...


Well, 2 years out of UG actually with 2 years professional WE...maturity...one does not simply become mature :)

also, yes very much #noregrets


KJD here who owns his own business dealing with professional people (yes trying to stay ambiguous on purpose). My maturity level doesn't have to stop me from having a little trolling fun.



"dealing with professional people" = working with clients in a business relationship
"dealing with professional people" = hitman

hmmm....yes, certainly ambiguous

lol ;)

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:05 pm
by Attax
Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
Attax wrote:
Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
cron1834 wrote:The maturity level has really dropped, and the creepiness factor has really taken off, in this thread :shock:

Step your game up, bros. Is this a K-JD thing? This was by far the chillest apps thread of the dozen or so I'm monitoring for a while there ...


Well, 2 years out of UG actually with 2 years professional WE...maturity...one does not simply become mature :)

also, yes very much #noregrets


KJD here who owns his own business dealing with professional people (yes trying to stay ambiguous on purpose). My maturity level doesn't have to stop me from having a little trolling fun.



"dealing with professional people" = working with clients in a business relationship
"dealing with professional people" = hitman

hmmm....yes, certainly ambiguous

lol ;)


Both would probably be good enough for acceptance!

1. Oh, he has good professional experience. This is really good!
2. Welp, better admit him so he doesn't kill us.

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:07 pm
by Lebrarian_Booker
can't argue with that logic

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:08 pm
by Attax
I've obviously had this scenario planned out for years!

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:08 pm
by Fiero85
cron1834 wrote:The maturity level has really dropped, and the creepiness factor has really taken off, in this thread :shock:

Step your game up, bros. Is this a K-JD thing? This was by far the chillest apps thread of the dozen or so I'm monitoring for a while there ...


Hmm Cron may have a point bros. I for one despise losing any chill points for any reason at any time.

So now that we've had a little fun to spice up a "blah" Monday: let the chill-session of this thread re-commence here and now...

(I'm by no means the boss so don't feel obliged to actually stop trolling. The Mods and Ms. Anne_Donovan make the calls around here :wink: )

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:10 pm
by yossarian
JustHawkin wrote:This is why we can't have nice things.


+1

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:10 pm
by Fiero85
Too lazy to quote but lolz to those last few posts above about maturity and the "hitman applicant dilemma" :lol:

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:11 pm
by Attax
Fiero85 wrote:
cron1834 wrote:The maturity level has really dropped, and the creepiness factor has really taken off, in this thread :shock:

Step your game up, bros. Is this a K-JD thing? This was by far the chillest apps thread of the dozen or so I'm monitoring for a while there ...


Hmm Cron may have a point bros. I for one despise losing any chill points for any reason at any time.

So now that we've had a little fun to spice up a "blah" Monday: let the chill-session of this thread re-commence here and now...

(I'm by no means the boss so don't feel obliged to actually stop trolling. The Mods and Ms. Anne_Donovan make the calls around here :wink: )


I still don't think it is that bad. I mean yeah we googled her name, saw a linkedin at the top result and got a picture. That isn't really anything bad. And then obvious troll was obvious and we played along? Seemed like fairly chill to me but then again I didn't score 180 so my logic obv isn't perf. But I don't feel as if the trolling went on too long or too far. Leb outed pretty soon, but we got some laughs out of it (or at least I did). I didn't feel out of line, but eh may have been in which case I would apologize.

That being said, new poll: is attax a hitman or not a hitman?

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:13 pm
by JustHawkin
yossarian71 wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:This is why we can't have nice things.


+1

Thank you for acknowledging the most coherent post ITT today!

:lol:

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:20 pm
by A. Nony Mouse
Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
Anna_Donovan_WUSTL wrote:After further review of the activity in this forum, I think it come's as no surprise to many of you that we find it inappropriate to say the least.

In response: If you're an identifiable TLSer and you've already received your scholarship, we will be rescinding it. If you're an identifiable TLSer and have not received a scholarship, we will not be considering you for one.

What will we do with all this extra money? Why, give it to LeBrarian_Booker of course!


Thank you, thank you ladies and gentlemen! I'll be here all cycle :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit: In case attax isn't trolling (as I feel somewhat bad) LeBrarian_Booker=Anna_Donovan_WUSTL

I will be the official party pooper: Dude, no trolling in the on-topics/alting. See you in a little while.

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:20 pm
by yossarian
Attax wrote:I still don't think it is that bad. I mean yeah we googled her name, saw a linkedin at the top result and got a picture. That isn't really anything bad. And then obvious troll was obvious and we played along? Seemed like fairly chill to me but then again I didn't score 180 so my logic obv isn't perf. But I don't feel as if the trolling went on too long or too far. Leb outed pretty soon, but we got some laughs out of it (or at least I did). I didn't feel out of line, but eh may have been in which case I would apologize.

That being said, new poll: is attax a hitman or not a hitman?


Well, yeah, that's bad. I know other nice things were said, so it wasn't exactly reducing her to her attractiveness, but she did not put her picture on her linked in for TLSers to ogle or make jokes. Commenting on someone's attractiveness, especially in a public forum, is a breach of socio-sexual contract. Just like kissing or hand-holding, there needs to be permission. It is a part of the sexual self that must be given, not taken. In fact, in some cases, it is enough to constitute sexual harassment.

Now look, you guys are my favorite, and I'm not trying to be a jerk. But, yes, yes, that was wrong.

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:21 pm
by ManoftheHour
A. Nony Mouse wrote:I will be the official party pooper: Dude, no trolling in the on-topics/alting. See you in a little while.


Does this mean he is banned?

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:24 pm
by Attax
yossarian71 wrote:
Well, yeah, that's bad. I know other nice things were said, so it wasn't exactly reducing her to her attractiveness, but she did not put her picture on her linked in for TLSers to ogle or make jokes. Commenting on someone's attractiveness, especially in a public forum, is a breach of socio-sexual contract. Just like kissing or hand-holding, there needs to be permission. It is a part of the sexual self that must be given, not taken. In fact, in some cases, it is enough to constitute sexual harassment.

Now look, you guys are my favorite, and I'm not trying to be a jerk. But, yes, yes, that was wrong.


Oh no not a jerk, actually a good analysis and perspective. I guess so, someone did post her picture without her consent which should be respected (and I searched too, just didn't find it). But, I do think that a reasonable person would look at the thread after that point and see the rest was obviously trolling on both my end and Leb's end which may result in a temp ban for me as well. Oh well, gotta earn my stripes.

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:26 pm
by ManoftheHour
yossarian71 wrote:
Attax wrote:I still don't think it is that bad. I mean yeah we googled her name, saw a linkedin at the top result and got a picture. That isn't really anything bad. And then obvious troll was obvious and we played along? Seemed like fairly chill to me but then again I didn't score 180 so my logic obv isn't perf. But I don't feel as if the trolling went on too long or too far. Leb outed pretty soon, but we got some laughs out of it (or at least I did). I didn't feel out of line, but eh may have been in which case I would apologize.

That being said, new poll: is attax a hitman or not a hitman?


Well, yeah, that's bad. I know other nice things were said, so it wasn't exactly reducing her to her attractiveness, but she did not put her picture on her linked in for TLSers to ogle or make jokes. Commenting on someone's attractiveness, especially in a public forum, is a breach of socio-sexual contract. Just like kissing or hand-holding, there needs to be permission. It is a part of the sexual self that must be given, not taken. In fact, in some cases, it is enough to constitute sexual harassment.

Now look, you guys are my favorite, and I'm not trying to be a jerk. But, yes, yes, that was wrong.


I actually agree with this which is why although I partook in joking around, I did not quote the picture.