WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
11
12%
22-23
27
29%
24-26
38
40%
27-30
14
15%
30+
4
4%
 
Total votes: 94

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Otunga » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:36 am

yossarian71 wrote:
angels2fly wrote:
Otunga wrote:Might toss an app here for negotiation purposes mainly, though I'd consider it seriously with a full ride given relatively low COA as compared to, say, BU. In Feb, and with a 168/3.9X, how plausible is a full ride offer?


dont think itll happen in your first offer but you might be able to bump up to it


Maybe. I'd caution that WUSTL is clearly taking a different scholarship strategy this year than last. If we thought they were echoing last year, I'd be more optimistic. At this point, we really just don't know. They may end up at the same place they did last year, but they're starting low. (Read through the last 10 pages to see the disappointment). So, we'll see. I definitely see a full-ride as a possibility for you.


Thanks for the reply.

User avatar
Jindezi
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:52 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Jindezi » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:28 pm

Marquis wrote:Checking in. Interview is on Feb. 17th! Any pointers?


I did my interview one week ago and the the interviewer was super nice. Don't worry if you don't get a straight admission during the interview. They may send the offer on the following Friday. Good luck!

Go Hawks!!!

User avatar
cron1834
Posts: 1920
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:36 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby cron1834 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:31 am

Of all the applicant threads I'm following, WUSTL seems to be the most positive and supportive. UVA is pretty nice too, though.

Just a random contribution :D

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:28 am

cron1834 wrote:Of all the applicant threads I'm following, WUSTL seems to be the most positive and supportive. UVA is pretty nice too, though.

Just a random contribution :D


Duly noted

Let us know if there's anything we can do to keep our rep up :)

stillswimming72
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:38 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby stillswimming72 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:26 am

Jindezi wrote:
Marquis wrote:Checking in. Interview is on Feb. 17th! Any pointers?


I did my interview one week ago and the the interviewer was super nice. Don't worry if you don't get a straight admission during the interview. They may send the offer on the following Friday. Good luck!

Go Hawks!!!


+1. I was so nervous going in, but the interviewer was really nice and friendly. I know it sounds like corny advice, but just be yourself and you'll ace your interview.

User avatar
bound
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby bound » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:57 am

stillswimming72 wrote:
Jindezi wrote:
Marquis wrote:Checking in. Interview is on Feb. 17th! Any pointers?


I did my interview one week ago and the the interviewer was super nice. Don't worry if you don't get a straight admission during the interview. They may send the offer on the following Friday. Good luck!

Go Hawks!!!


+1. I was so nervous going in, but the interviewer was really nice and friendly. I know it sounds like corny advice, but just be yourself and you'll ace your interview.



+1

TLS wisdom indicates that if you are asked to interview, you are basically in. They just want to be sure you are a good fit and nothing screams out at them during the interview. That being said, my interview was so casual and it was almost as if she was trying to sell me WUSTL. You'll just get an overall good feeling about the whole thing.

salim123
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:21 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby salim123 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:00 pm

Had my interview last Thursday. Went really well. Was told that I would hear the next day on Friday. I haven't heard anything, however and noticed that my status checker doesn't even say anything about an interview.

Any thoughts on what's going on here?

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby JustHawkin » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:03 pm

salim123 wrote:Had my interview last Thursday. Went really well. Was told that I would hear the next day on Friday. I haven't heard anything, however and noticed that my status checker doesn't even say anything about an interview.

Any thoughts on what's going on here?

Had mine on a Thursday, didn't get anything that Friday, then accepted the following Friday. I wouldn't fret until 5pm this Friday.

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:06 pm

salim123 wrote:Had my interview last Thursday. Went really well. Was told that I would hear the next day on Friday. I haven't heard anything, however and noticed that my status checker doesn't even say anything about an interview.

Any thoughts on what's going on here?


I'd give it a week. They've been doing a high volume of interviews and decisions, probably just behind on the late-week interviews. And check your spam folder. If nothing this week, call or email.

Edit: scooped, see above

chingwoo
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chingwoo » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:11 pm

cron1834 wrote:Of all the applicant threads I'm following, WUSTL seems to be the most positive and supportive. UVA is pretty nice too, though.

Just a random contribution :D


WUSTL hasn't been getting the waves of waitlists other schools have yet so it seems everyone is still happy.

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby NoDayButToday » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:26 pm

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LyricsToLitigation
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby LyricsToLitigation » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:27 pm

NoDayButToday wrote:
salim123 wrote:Had my interview last Thursday. Went really well. Was told that I would hear the next day on Friday. I haven't heard anything, however and noticed that my status checker doesn't even say anything about an interview.

Any thoughts on what's going on here?


I also heard 8 days after -- the following Friday instead of the next day.


+1

cmilleruni
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:13 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby cmilleruni » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:28 pm

had interview this afternoon and my status checker immediately went to interview complete

is there hope for a decision today or should I expect to wait till friday?

amh
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:58 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby amh » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:50 pm

cmilleruni wrote:had interview this afternoon and my status checker immediately went to interview complete

is there hope for a decision today or should I expect to wait till friday?


I interviewed on Monday last week and received my acceptance email on Wednesday around 4:30.

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:17 pm

chingwoo wrote:
cron1834 wrote:Of all the applicant threads I'm following, WUSTL seems to be the most positive and supportive. UVA is pretty nice too, though.

Just a random contribution :D


WUSTL hasn't been getting the waves of waitlists other schools have yet so it seems everyone is still happy.


Well, those who like their scholarship offers are happy, anyway.

User avatar
zippernicus
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:35 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby zippernicus » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:55 pm

Interviewing this week. A little nervous since I have a terribly low GPA. I did address in an addendum though. Nerves! :shock:

User avatar
aesth24
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:35 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby aesth24 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:08 pm

zippernicus wrote:Interviewing this week. A little nervous since I have a terribly low GPA. I did address in an addendum though. Nerves! :shock:


<25th here as well and I wasn't asked about my GPA at all.

User avatar
isuperserial
Posts: 519
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:49 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby isuperserial » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:15 pm

This thread gives me such good vibes :D

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:33 pm

isuperserial wrote:This thread gives me such good vibes :D


--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:05 am

isuperserial wrote:This thread gives me such good vibes :D


That's an awesome pic man. Continue basking in the good vibes to your heart's content, anyone's welcome!

chingwoo
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chingwoo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:06 am

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
chingwoo wrote:
cron1834 wrote:Of all the applicant threads I'm following, WUSTL seems to be the most positive and supportive. UVA is pretty nice too, though.

Just a random contribution :D


WUSTL hasn't been getting the waves of waitlists other schools have yet so it seems everyone is still happy.


Well, those who like their scholarship offers are happy, anyway.



I cried a little inside thinking about my scholarship offer.

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:11 am

chingwoo wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
chingwoo wrote:
cron1834 wrote:Of all the applicant threads I'm following, WUSTL seems to be the most positive and supportive. UVA is pretty nice too, though.

Just a random contribution :D


WUSTL hasn't been getting the waves of waitlists other schools have yet so it seems everyone is still happy.


Well, those who like their scholarship offers are happy, anyway.



I cried a little inside thinking about my scholarship offer*.


*initial scholarship offer. Tears of the better variety are still very possible for some as the cycle continues.

User avatar
isuperserial
Posts: 519
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:49 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby isuperserial » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:28 am

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
isuperserial wrote:This thread gives me such good vibes :D


--ImageRemoved--


Image

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:33 am

isuperserial wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
isuperserial wrote:This thread gives me such good vibes :D


--ImageRemoved--




Image

User avatar
Kanye West
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:44 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Kanye West » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:22 am

aesth24 wrote:
zippernicus wrote:Interviewing this week. A little nervous since I have a terribly low GPA. I did address in an addendum though. Nerves! :shock:


<25th here as well and I wasn't asked about my GPA at all.


My GPA is is in the 2.xx area with addendum as well. Accepted and excited for ASW.

On that note, the TLS-ridden March ASW is making me rethink my travel plans. Anyone getting a hotel together or every man/woman for themselves? I'm renting a car if anyone needs a ride.

I'm looking to get there Thursday and sightsee, then hit up the ASW the next day.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acr, Baby Gaga, chasima, Google Adsense [Bot], mccracal, taxman14 and 22 guests