WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
11
12%
22-23
27
29%
24-26
38
40%
27-30
14
15%
30+
4
4%
 
Total votes: 94

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:46 pm

Attax wrote:I wish the stipend were more. W&L is giving $300 plus lodging and food. But you guys seem much better to chill with at ASD.


Yeah I'm a local and I still wish we could make visiting a little easier for out-of-area guys and gals. Wash U campus is quite impressive and would sway some people, I'm sure (that's not a valid reason to choose a school for the record, but if some cool people happen to do so, I won't mind).

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:48 pm

Fiero85 wrote:
Attax wrote:I wish the stipend were more. W&L is giving $300 plus lodging and food. But you guys seem much better to chill with at ASD.


Yeah I'm a local and I still wish we could make visiting a little easier for out-of-area guys and gals. Wash U campus is quite impressive and would sway some people, I'm sure (that's not a valid reason to choose a school for the record, but if some cool people happen to do so, I won't mind).


Definitely. WUSTL definitely has much more appeal to me than W&L, but an ASW is also gonna be a bit of a minivacation for me. I love seeing gorgeous campuses (aka not Texas). They could give more, but alas at least they do something.

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:52 pm

Attax wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:
Attax wrote:I wish the stipend were more. W&L is giving $300 plus lodging and food. But you guys seem much better to chill with at ASD.


Yeah I'm a local and I still wish we could make visiting a little easier for out-of-area guys and gals. Wash U campus is quite impressive and would sway some people, I'm sure (that's not a valid reason to choose a school for the record, but if some cool people happen to do so, I won't mind).


Definitely. WUSTL definitely has much more appeal to me than W&L, but an ASW is also gonna be a bit of a minivacation for me. I love seeing gorgeous campuses (aka not Texas). They could give more, but alas at least they do something.


Well if it's a vacation you want, I can bring a bunch of people out to the boonies where I live and get everybody drunk (or whatever) on the cheap. You want to shoot stuff? We can do that, too.

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:53 pm

Btw, that Facebook post is beautiful.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:57 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
Well if it's a vacation you want, I can bring a bunch of people out to the boonies where I live and get everybody drunk (or whatever) on the cheap. You want to shoot stuff? We can do that, too.


Way I see it, if I'll be there the 6th-8th I better enjoy it! Shoot stuff as in shots or guns, I'm down either way!

Ricky-Bobby wrote:Btw, that Facebook post is beautiful.


Thank you, I do what I can :D

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:01 pm

Attax wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
Well if it's a vacation you want, I can bring a bunch of people out to the boonies where I live and get everybody drunk (or whatever) on the cheap. You want to shoot stuff? We can do that, too.


Way I see it, if I'll be there the 6th-8th I better enjoy it! Shoot stuff as in shots or guns, I'm down either way!


Why not both?

Just kidding. But yes, I was talking about guns.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:04 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
Attax wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
Well if it's a vacation you want, I can bring a bunch of people out to the boonies where I live and get everybody drunk (or whatever) on the cheap. You want to shoot stuff? We can do that, too.


Way I see it, if I'll be there the 6th-8th I better enjoy it! Shoot stuff as in shots or guns, I'm down either way!


Why not both?

Just kidding. But yes, I was talking about guns.


As a man from Texas, you know how to make me happy!

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:13 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:Btw, that Facebook post is beautiful.


+1

User avatar
slayer47
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:21 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby slayer47 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:30 pm

Waitlisted as of this afternoon! I was sort of surprised to not be rejected outright. Anyone know the odds of getting taken off the waitlist and when that usually happens? Also, how does financial aid work if you're on the waitlist? Do you still apply for it? Thanks!

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3403
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby ManoftheHour » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:43 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
Our codeword for recognizing other TLSers will be "contumelious." So just work that into the convo within 30 seconds of meeting someone and you'll know if you're talking to a TLS member or not.


:lol:

NOW I get it.

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:58 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
Our codeword for recognizing other TLSers will be "contumelious." So just work that into the convo within 30 seconds of meeting someone and you'll know if you're talking to a TLS member or not.


:lol:

NOW I get it.


:wink:

User avatar
Winston1984
Posts: 1789
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Winston1984 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:01 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
Our codeword for recognizing other TLSers will be "contumelious." So just work that into the convo within 30 seconds of meeting someone and you'll know if you're talking to a TLS member or not.


:lol:

NOW I get it.


:wink:


I don't get it :oops:

User avatar
LyricsToLitigation
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby LyricsToLitigation » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:05 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
Our codeword for recognizing other TLSers will be "contumelious." So just work that into the convo within 30 seconds of meeting someone and you'll know if you're talking to a TLS member or not.


:lol:

NOW I get it.


hahahahaha - funny, AND actually not a bad idea!

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Attax » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:05 pm

Winston1984 wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
Our codeword for recognizing other TLSers will be "contumelious." So just work that into the convo within 30 seconds of meeting someone and you'll know if you're talking to a TLS member or not.


:lol:

NOW I get it.


:wink:


I don't get it :oops:


Step 1. Join facebook group
Step 2. Like something
Step 3. Get it

klondike5
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:13 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby klondike5 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:11 pm

slayer47 wrote:Waitlisted as of this afternoon! I was sort of surprised to not be rejected outright. Anyone know the odds of getting taken off the waitlist and when that usually happens? Also, how does financial aid work if you're on the waitlist? Do you still apply for it? Thanks!



Same here, below median on both and I thought this was a pretty big reach so I am considering this a mini-win. I am also interested in seeing what the odds and timeline of coming off are.

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:21 pm

klondike5 wrote:
slayer47 wrote:Waitlisted as of this afternoon! I was sort of surprised to not be rejected outright. Anyone know the odds of getting taken off the waitlist and when that usually happens? Also, how does financial aid work if you're on the waitlist? Do you still apply for it? Thanks!



Same here, below median on both and I thought this was a pretty big reach so I am considering this a mini-win. I am also interested in seeing what the odds and timeline of coming off are.


Honestly we won't know much beyond last year's LSN WL movements. Check those out or maybe try to ask around with the current students.

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1032
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby NoDayButToday » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:28 pm

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby KanyeShrug » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:31 pm

I deleted my facebook after undergrad. Way too many damning things on my profile.

Feeling left out :(

User avatar
BentleyLittle
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby BentleyLittle » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:35 pm

KanyeShrug wrote:I deleted my facebook after undergrad. Way too many damning things on my profile.

Feeling left out :(


+1! I think I'm going to reactivate a "professional" one I made so people couldn't see the time I was wasted in 2008 or something.

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:56 pm

NoDayButToday wrote:Facebook admin, please let me in!


Paging chingwoo.

C'mon, your contumelious lolly-gagging is unacceptable.

User avatar
esrom55
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:43 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby esrom55 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:01 pm

NoDayButToday wrote:Facebook admin, please let me in!


Me too!

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1032
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby NoDayButToday » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:08 pm

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

amh
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:58 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby amh » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:13 pm

peachesthedoge wrote:congrats to the new admits!!! waitlisters, don't give up just yet!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/709494009061107/



Joined!!

bombombom
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:33 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby bombombom » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:19 pm

slayer47 wrote:Waitlisted as of this afternoon! I was sort of surprised to not be rejected outright. Anyone know the odds of getting taken off the waitlist and when that usually happens? Also, how does financial aid work if you're on the waitlist? Do you still apply for it? Thanks!

Anytime, maybe first deposit deadline maybe never. waitlist = hold for further review. Only they need you , you are in. There is little things you can do to get off the list

User avatar
AT9
Posts: 1306
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby AT9 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:40 pm

Fiero85 wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:Our codeword for recognizing other TLSers will be "contumelious." So just work that into the convo within 30 seconds of meeting someone and you'll know if you're talking to a TLS member or not.


Haha that's a new one for me. How "scornful and insulting; insolent" of you to expose my miniscule vocabulary like that :wink:


Glad I wasn't the only one!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: whodareswins and 8 guests