WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
12%
22-23
29%
24-26
38%
27-30
15%
30+
5%

Total votes: 99

Attax

Gold

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Post by Attax » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:19 pm

I used to have one of those. 15mph bitches!

peachesthedoge

Bronze

Post by peachesthedoge » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:20 pm

JustHawkin wrote:With all this weather talk from yesterday, I will aim to keep this thread on topic:

You guys think it would be viable to commute via bike at all during school months?

I know in Mass it's usually a terrible choice, but I would love to try and save on travel expenses!

For those looking to save on travel costs and parking passes, Wash U students get free metro passes, which is great if you live within a mile of a metro stop. If you live farther, you could also consider biking to the metro stop.

Ricky-Bobby

Silver

Post by Ricky-Bobby » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:24 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote: ETA: Coincidentally, I just bought one of these hogs for $5 at a rummage sale, and I'm totally stoked about it.
Please, for the love of god, bolt on a milk crate to put your contracts books on that thing...

"back to school, back to school, to prove to my daddy that I'm not a fool..."
I totally didn't notice how scooped I was in my last post. Oh well.

I think I can get a seat for that scooter. Then I will totally put a milk crate on the back. Better yet, I'll get a rolling book bag and tow it behind. Then when I get to school I can just detach the bag and roll into class like one of the cool kids.

rion91

Silver

Post by rion91 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:29 pm

Marquis

Bronze

Post by Marquis » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:50 pm

Anyone feelin' the WUSTL Wednesday Admissions love?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ricky-Bobby

Silver

Post by Ricky-Bobby » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:52 pm

Marquis wrote:Anyone feelin' the WUSTL Wednesday Admissions love?
There will probably be some decisions going out today, but I wouldn't expect them before 3 pm at the earliest.

HuskyMuskie

New

Post by HuskyMuskie » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:04 pm

Just got the email confirming the schedule for ASW. Any idea what the practical skills session will entail?

bigscarymonster

New

Post by bigscarymonster » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:07 pm

Just did my interview by phone today. Hopefully all goes well and I hear back soon.

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:17 pm

So I assumed I'd end up in CWE, but downtown looks to have some pretty cool options as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BlackCanary

Bronze

Post by BlackCanary » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:25 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:So I assumed I'd end up in CWE, but downtown looks to have some pretty cool options as well.
Housing wise or ASD hotel wise?

I have a ton of appointments to view apartments set up for the day after April ASD. The rates are fabulous.

Ricky-Bobby

Silver

Post by Ricky-Bobby » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:30 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:So I assumed I'd end up in CWE, but downtown looks to have some pretty cool options as well.
Just remember that downtown to campus is a bit of a haul if you're not close to one of the MetroLink stations. Definitely check out the bus schedules and routes and such if you won't have a car.

That being said, I put cable in some sweet minimalist high-rises downtown back in my cableguy days. Giant concrete pillars running up to 20+ ft high ceilings and stuff. Almost made me want to become a city boy. Almost.
Small caveat: I'm not sure if this is the same in all city apartment buildings, but you DO NOT want to get trapped in a high-rise stairwell without a magnetic key to unlock floor doors. Then you have to run up and down 20 flights of stairs like a rat in a cage until you realize you have a cell phone and the customer's number. Not that anything like that has ever happened to me...

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:35 pm

BlackCanary wrote:

I have a ton of appointments to view apartments set up for the day after April ASD. The rates are fabulous.
Apartment wise! And I have an appointment to view a place in CWE this Saturday that I really like, but when I come back in June or whatever to sign a lease I definitely want to look downtown.

And to RB. I feel like the commute shouldn't be that bad if the building is in walking distance of the metro, right? A 30 minute commute doesn't seem bad.

Ricky-Bobby

Silver

Post by Ricky-Bobby » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:40 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
BlackCanary wrote:

Apartment wise! And I have an appointment to view a place in CWE this Saturday that I really like, but when I come back in June or whatever to sign a lease I definitely want to look downtown.

And to RB. I feel like the commute shouldn't be that bad if the building is in walking distance of the metro, right? A 30 minute commute doesn't seem bad.
If you're within walking distance of the metrolink you should be golden.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Lebrarian_Booker

Silver

Post by Lebrarian_Booker » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:53 pm

Just sent them an email asking if I'm gonna be considered for a scholarship...ballsy, let's see how this works out...

0.00% chance it would make sense to attend at sticker, so not that ballsy I guess...
Last edited by Lebrarian_Booker on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rion91

Silver

Post by rion91 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:54 pm

Looks like a glitch didn't put my interview on my admin officer's calendar today! Called in and rescheduled for tomorrow. Had me worried sick when the call never came. :oops:

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:21 pm

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:Just sent them an email asking if I'm gonna be considered for a scholarship...ballsy, let's see how this works out...

0.00% chance it would make sense to attend at sticker, so not that ballsy I guess...
Eek good luck!

wittyhandle

Bronze

Post by wittyhandle » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:33 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
BlackCanary wrote:

What about Maplewood or Brentwood or areas west of Wash U? Friends have told me to look there and there seems to be decent prices.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Ricky-Bobby

Silver

Post by Ricky-Bobby » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:47 pm

wittyhandle wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote: Apartment wise! And I have an appointment to view a place in CWE this Saturday that I really like, but when I come back in June or whatever to sign a lease I definitely want to look downtown.

What about Maplewood or Brentwood or areas west of Wash U? Friends have told me to look there and there seems to be decent prices.
Both are a little South of campus, but depending on where you are in Brentwood it's super easy to hop on 64 and be on campus in minutes. Someone jump in and correct me if I'm wrong, but you won't get MetroLink access down there. I'd look up the metro map, but ugh. edit: Of course I'm wrong. Why not?

Nice areas, though. I remember one apartment building in "downtown" Brentwood that was inexplicably full of ridiculously-attractive people. Desk clerks, rental reps, tennants, everybody I saw there was model-level gorgeous. It was like the Bermuda Triangle of Hotness, right there in Brentwood.
Last edited by Ricky-Bobby on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ricky-Bobby

Silver

Post by Ricky-Bobby » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:54 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
wittyhandle wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote: Apartment wise! And I have an appointment to view a place in CWE this Saturday that I really like, but when I come back in June or whatever to sign a lease I definitely want to look downtown.

Both are a little South of campus, but depending on where you are in Brentwood it's super easy to hop on 64 and be on campus in minutes. Someone jump in and correct me if I'm wrong, but you won't get MetroLink access down there. I'd look up the metro map, but ugh.

Nice areas, though. I remember one apartment building in "downtown" Brentwood that was inexplicably full of ridiculously-attractive people. Desk clerks, rental reps, tennants, everybody I saw there was model-level gorgeous. It was like the Bermuda Triangle of Hotness, right there in Brentwood.
Ha! Wrong again, dingus!

Just looked up the Metro map, and there are stations in Brentwood and Maplewood on the same line as Wash U. You could hop on the MetroLink in Brentwood and ride it straight to Wash U.

I should really research before typing.
Last edited by Ricky-Bobby on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

peachesthedoge

Bronze

Post by peachesthedoge » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:55 pm

I live in Clayton, not too far from Brentwood/Maplewood (and I'm a 10 minute walk from the metro). There are a lot of really expensive places in Clayton, but there are also a few inexpensive ones that are still very nice. I live in a garden-style apartment building on S. Brentwood Blvd., and there are several other similar buildings like that near me that are worth looking into.

wittyhandle

Bronze

Post by wittyhandle » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:56 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
wittyhandle wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:

Both are a little South of campus, but depending on where you are in Brentwood it's super easy to hop on 64 and be on campus in minutes. Someone jump in and correct me if I'm wrong, but you won't get MetroLink access down there. I'd look up the metro map, but ugh.

Maybe it really was like model housing, like when they all live together for Top Model or whatever that show is.

I didn't realize we would get free metro passes so that is definitely making me rethink where to live. Anything to get rid of that $480 parking permit. EW.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

wittyhandle

Bronze

Post by wittyhandle » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:59 pm

peachesthedoge wrote:I live in Clayton, not too far from Brentwood/Maplewood (and I'm a 10 minute walk from the metro). There are a lot of really expensive places in Clayton, but there are also a few inexpensive ones that are still very nice. I live in a garden-style apartment building on S. Brentwood Blvd., and there are several other similar buildings like that near me that are worth looking into.
I'll add Clayton then! I figured it would be too expensive so I hadn't even looked there yet. I'm going to look at a lot of areas on Saturday and see what I like and don't. I only live 2 hours away so I can come up pretty often to look at specific places.

ellewoods179

New

Post by ellewoods179 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:28 pm

So I got a decision, not terrible, not good. Basically I'm waiting till April 15th at the latest to find out, I was a deferral to regular ::/ Although it is nice to explore my other options now, I highly doubt any school will take WUSTL's spot as top choice

NoDayButToday

Silver

Post by NoDayButToday » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:35 pm

Last edited by NoDayButToday on Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

matthewfsq

New

Post by matthewfsq » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:39 pm

Deferred to regular decision.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”