WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How old are you?

21-
12%
22-23
29%
24-26
38%
27-30
15%
30+
5%

Total votes: 99

Fiero85

Gold

Re: WUSTL c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Post by Fiero85 » Thu May 29, 2014 3:24 am

Been MIA, have some catching up to do:
cusenation wrote: [the usual]
Thanks as always, dude. Dat wisdom.
bound wrote: [THE DECISION - broadcast live on ESPN 8 - The Ocho: Bound says "I'm taking my talents to DFW" ]
Congrats bound, I think this is a great opportunity and career planning move. Enjoy!
Ricky-Bobby wrote:My head usually translates everything into percentages, i.e. $ = 25%, $$ = 50%, etc.
I'm down with this as the unofficial official translation
njdevils2626 wrote:
Attax wrote:I remember when we hit page 100. LOL
Good times
+1, I missed this narrowly actually, to my disdain. But page 99 will live on in my heart.
scottidsntknow wrote:Everyone get the city connect email? I'm gonna register for the DC one obviously, is anyone joining me?
Goin to the STL one if I'm in town Aug 5, obvi.
KanyeShrug wrote:Phoenicians, as expected, get no love. :roll:
You'll just have to rise above it bro - perhaps from the ashes :P

...getting tired...my TLS endurance has weakened

[new people, scholly bumps, WL hopefuls, etc.]
Sup?

And congrats as applicable :D

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Thu May 29, 2014 3:34 am

OMG wait I am an idiot I can go to the STL meetup too Fiero, since I move in August 1.

Fiero85

Gold

Post by Fiero85 » Thu May 29, 2014 3:55 am

scottidsntknow wrote:OMG wait I am an idiot I can go to the STL meetup too Fiero, since I move in August 1.
Nice, braj

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Thu May 29, 2014 4:08 am

Fiero85 wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:OMG wait I am an idiot I can go to the STL meetup too Fiero, since I move in August 1.
Nice, braj
Hooray

peachesthedoge

Bronze

Post by peachesthedoge » Thu May 29, 2014 10:11 am

UGH I'm not getting any of these emails
wash yew, why u no luv me??

also bros above ^ I will be out of da lou that week :(

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Thu May 29, 2014 12:33 pm

peachesthedoge wrote:

Ok therefore Fiero better be there otherwise there will be no ~blackout crew~

wittyhandle

Bronze

Post by wittyhandle » Thu May 29, 2014 12:43 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
peachesthedoge wrote:

Excuse me. You inducted Meb and I into the blackout crew, thank you very much. And I will be there.

johnnyquest

Bronze

Post by johnnyquest » Thu May 29, 2014 12:47 pm

wittyhandle wrote: Excuse me. You inducted Meb and I into the blackout crew, thank you very much. And I will be there.
I feel like I've missed out on all of the the cool crew inductions and orientation hasn't even started yet. :(

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Thu May 29, 2014 12:48 pm

wittyhandle wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
peachesthedoge wrote:

Excuse me. You inducted Meb and I into the blackout crew, thank you very much. And I will be there.
Roar ;)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Banshee

Bronze

Post by Banshee » Thu May 29, 2014 1:20 pm

Me too!! I thought I was going to miss out on the events but I finally get to go to something!! YAY!!!

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Thu May 29, 2014 1:22 pm

XO_MissCourtney wrote:
Me too!! I thought I was going to miss out on the events but I finally get to go to something!! YAY!!!
I'm gonna go to the DC one and the STL one haha, yay free booze.

wittyhandle

Bronze

Post by wittyhandle » Thu May 29, 2014 1:24 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
XO_MissCourtney wrote:
I would plan on going to one of these...you know...if I got the email...or any email...

Banshee

Bronze

Post by Banshee » Thu May 29, 2014 1:25 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
XO_MissCourtney wrote:
I thought about the San Diego one, but I'm going to be down there the week before and don't think I can swing a second trip.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

britrf

New

Post by britrf » Thu May 29, 2014 5:10 pm

Withdrawing, $105,000 back in the coffers. Good luck to anyone on the WL!

Jmart082

Bronze

Post by Jmart082 » Fri May 30, 2014 12:17 pm

Just started looking at the ins, the outs, and what have yous as far as the housing situation is concerned in and around campus, and quickly became overwhelmed. What is the general group consensus here about on-vampus housing options?

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Fri May 30, 2014 12:26 pm

Jmart082 wrote:Just started looking at the ins, the outs, and what have yous as far as the housing situation is concerned in and around campus, and quickly became overwhelmed. What is the general group consensus here about on-vampus housing options?
There are no on campus housing options. When people live near campus, they're living in the Loop. The other big place where students live is the Central West End, which is east of the school on the other side of the park (I'm living here). The Loop is cheaper and full of more undergrads, while the CWE is a little pricier on average and is full of shopping/dining/bars.

The CWE is a much more attractive neighborhood to me. I won't be bringing a car, but this is because there is a metro stop near my apartment and I will be relying on the metro (which is free for wustl students) to get to school and around in general, and then I will take cabs when necessary. From what current students have said, it looks like people go out more in the CWE as well, so that obviously makes things easier for you if you plan on participating.

Jmart082

Bronze

Post by Jmart082 » Fri May 30, 2014 12:34 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
Jmart082 wrote:Just started looking at the ins, the outs, and what have yous as far as the housing situation is concerned in and around campus, and quickly became overwhelmed. What is the general group consensus here about on-vampus housing options?
There are no on campus housing options. When people live near campus, they're living in the Loop. The other big place where students live is the Central West End, which is east of the school on the other side of the park (I'm living here). The Loop is cheaper and full of more undergrads, while the CWE is a little pricier on average and is full of shopping/dining/bars.

The CWE is a much more attractive neighborhood to me. I won't be bringing a car, but this is because there is a metro stop near my apartment and I will be relying on the metro (which is free for wustl students) to get to school and around in general, and then I will take cabs when necessary. From what current students have said, it looks like people go out more in the CWE as well, so that obviously makes things easier for you if you plan on participating.
Yeah, honestly, I am OK with rooming with someone, I just wouldn't want to pay anything near 750-800 (a good studio in Miami will run you that, and we have a ridiculously high COL). Another concern is commuting in cold weather/snow. I have never done it, and it seems like it would take my tropical ass by surprise.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

workaholic82

Bronze

Post by workaholic82 » Fri May 30, 2014 12:36 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:

Is it possible to get a place for $4-600 in those 2 locations?

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Fri May 30, 2014 12:41 pm

workaholic82 wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:

Is it possible to get a place for $4-600 in those 2 locations?
With or without a roommate? In the Loop you could pay that either way, but in the CWE you'd definitely need a roommate (you may be able to find a studio in the CWE for $600 but they usually are a little higher).

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Fri May 30, 2014 12:44 pm

Jmart082 wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:

Yeah, honestly, I am OK with rooming with someone, I just wouldn't want to pay anything near 750-800 (a good studio in Miami will run you that, and we have a ridiculously high COL). Another concern is commuting in cold weather/snow. I have never done it, and it seems like it would take my tropical ass by surprise.
Are you trying to live by yourself or do you want a roommate? You may want to check out the Loop if you want to live on your own. The studios I looked at in the CWE are at least $600+ and mine is a couple hundred dollars above that.

Jmart082

Bronze

Post by Jmart082 » Fri May 30, 2014 12:49 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
Jmart082 wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:

Are you trying to live by yourself or do you want a roommate? You may want to check out the Loop if you want to live on your own. The studios I looked at in the CWE are at least $600+ and mine is a couple hundred dollars above that.
Either option is on the table, but rooming with another legal lemming is ideal. I actually considered contacting my frat to see how much they'd charge for a room at the house, but quickly realized how calamitous of an idea that would be, lol.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

workaholic82

Bronze

Post by workaholic82 » Fri May 30, 2014 12:59 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
Jmart082 wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:

I feel like rooming with a stranger is risky, esp. during such a crucial year, so prob by myself. Open to it if i meet the right person tho.

Jmart082

Bronze

Post by Jmart082 » Fri May 30, 2014 1:11 pm

True. You can't underestimate how easy it is to get strapped with the Aspie video gamer/school shooter type or the rowdy, messy, noise at all hours party animal. Definitely screen the crap out of someone before taking the plunge.

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Fri May 30, 2014 1:13 pm

I'm living alone because I haven't had the opportunity to do so before, and for 1L year, I really just want my own space and I don't want to have any potential roommate problems. I definitely plan on living with friends for 2L and 3L.

workaholic82

Bronze

Post by workaholic82 » Fri May 30, 2014 1:15 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:I'm living alone because I haven't had the opportunity to do so before, and for 1L year, I really just want my own space and I don't want to have any potential roommate problems. I definitely plan on living with friends for 2L and 3L.
+1

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”