Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby chuckbass » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:26 pm

Also people should be more active in this thread! I see you lurkers 8)

rendlelaw
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:07 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby rendlelaw » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:49 pm

What's to say? Status checker email on 9/25. Check my status about a thousand times a day. Nothing.

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby 04102014 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:50 pm

Oh fun fact for those who don't know: your status only updates once per day--the admissions office has confirmed this--so once you see today's date, you can stop checking.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby chuckbass » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:52 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:Oh fun fact for those who don't know: your status only updates once per day--the admissions office has confirmed this--so once you see today's date, you can stop checking.

Ohpo all of your avatar switching is confusing, but thanks that's helpful! From the last couple weeks of people posting acceptances, it seems like it updates in the morning, or at least it does so generally.

User avatar
okok
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:07 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby okok » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:13 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:Oh fun fact for those who don't know: your status only updates once per day--the admissions office has confirmed this--so once you see today's date, you can stop checking.


I spoke to an admissions officer and he said the same thing, but my status checker automatically updates really early in the morning so it seems like they have it on auto update.

Opinions on my situation? subtle ding or intense review?

User avatar
andapieceoftoast
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:18 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby andapieceoftoast » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:15 pm

okok wrote:
ohpobrecito wrote:Oh fun fact for those who don't know: your status only updates once per day--the admissions office has confirmed this--so once you see today's date, you can stop checking.


I spoke to an admissions officer and he said the same thing, but my status checker automatically updates really early in the morning so it seems like they have it on auto update.

Opinions on my situation? subtle ding or intense review?


In the same boat, so I hope it's not a ding.

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby 04102014 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:20 pm

andapieceoftoast wrote:
okok wrote:
ohpobrecito wrote:Oh fun fact for those who don't know: your status only updates once per day--the admissions office has confirmed this--so once you see today's date, you can stop checking.


I spoke to an admissions officer and he said the same thing, but my status checker automatically updates really early in the morning so it seems like they have it on auto update.

Opinions on my situation? subtle ding or intense review?


In the same boat, so I hope it's not a ding.


He told me that the time at which they update is based "on the whim of the University server." So I wouldn't worry.

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby thechancellor » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:28 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:Oh fun fact for those who don't know: your status only updates once per day--the admissions office has confirmed this--so once you see today's date, you can stop checking.


Y'know, as much as I know that I'm still at least solid 2 weeks away from any kind of reply, I'm checking constantly anyway. ;) Trying not to let myself get my heart set too strongly on Umich!

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby chuckbass » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:41 pm

alex.cm wrote:
ohpobrecito wrote:Oh fun fact for those who don't know: your status only updates once per day--the admissions office has confirmed this--so once you see today's date, you can stop checking.


Y'know, as much as I know that I'm still at least solid 2 weeks away from any kind of reply, I'm checking constantly anyway. ;) Trying not to let myself get my heart set too strongly on Umich!

With your stats you have nothing to worry about! Did you write a Why Mich?

User avatar
jrthor10
Posts: 364
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:33 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby jrthor10 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:49 pm

Good luck to everyone here! If you have questions for current students, definitely post them.

umichman
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:56 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby umichman » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:07 pm

has anyone that has gotten in so far gotten an offer to let them know if you would rather start in the fall or summer?

User avatar
King Cayuga
Posts: 1022
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:11 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby King Cayuga » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:25 pm

To everyone who has been accepted RD: when did you go complete?

User avatar
t14splitter
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby t14splitter » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:30 pm

They let you know whether you are accepted for fall or summer in the acceptance letter (via snail mail). Although I'm pretty sure it also tells you on the accepted students site, which I was able to access immediately upon seeing the status checker change.

Edit: I misread the question - I only applied for Fall so I'm not in a position to answer.

User avatar
dusters
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:12 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby dusters » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:19 pm

For the record I got my notice via ED just under 3 weeks after submitting.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby chuckbass » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:29 pm

dusters wrote:For the record I got my notice via ED just under 3 weeks after submitting.

Dang, I wasn't going to really start to worry until December hit. Congrats, hopefully I'll be joining you!

User avatar
andapieceoftoast
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:18 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby andapieceoftoast » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:29 am

Another day, another automatic status date change.
Great.
:(

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby thechancellor » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:35 am

scotth724 wrote:
alex.cm wrote:
ohpobrecito wrote:Oh fun fact for those who don't know: your status only updates once per day--the admissions office has confirmed this--so once you see today's date, you can stop checking.


Y'know, as much as I know that I'm still at least solid 2 weeks away from any kind of reply, I'm checking constantly anyway. Trying not to let myself get my heart set too strongly on Umich!

With your stats you have nothing to worry about! Did you write a Why Mich?


Well, you're my new favorite. :D I didn't, but it's kind of a major thread throughout my entire undergraduate/high school career and it's written into one of my letters of rec, so it didn't feel necessary.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby chuckbass » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:39 am

alex.cm wrote:
scotth724 wrote:
alex.cm wrote:Well, you're my new favorite. :D I didn't, but it's kind of a major thread throughout my entire undergraduate/high school career and it's written into one of my letters of rec, so it didn't feel necessary.

Haha I was just asking because I feel like the only thing you need to worry about is YP, but that sounds good. Good luck!

0913djp
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:26 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby 0913djp » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:43 am

Michigan sent me a packet in the mail. I am really crossing my fingers for an admit. One of only six schools worth paying sticker for on my list (the others being CCN, Penn, and Duke).

BostonFuse51
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:36 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby BostonFuse51 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:54 am

One month since application received e-mail. Still listed as Complete on the Status Check

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby thechancellor » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:11 am

scotth724 wrote:
alex.cm wrote:
scotth724 wrote:
alex.cm wrote:Well, you're my new favorite. :D I didn't, but it's kind of a major thread throughout my entire undergraduate/high school career and it's written into one of my letters of rec, so it didn't feel necessary.

Haha I was just asking because I feel like the only thing you need to worry about is YP, but that sounds good. Good luck!


You as well! Fingers crossed we'll all be barricaded in the law library reading room this time next year studying our little brains out.

Not too worried about YP given that my GPA is pretty borderline, and also that Dean Zearfoss has made it pretty clear that YP is something she thinks is a fiction invented by these boards. I don't know how TRUE that is, but I'm choosing to take her at face value so I don't get myself even more wound up, lol.

User avatar
Typhoon24
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:09 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby Typhoon24 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:20 am

andapieceoftoast wrote:Another day, another automatic status date change.
Great.
:(



+1

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby thechancellor » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:34 am

Which term(s) did you all apply to? Summer, Fall, or both? And for those of you who have been accepted, are you hearing from both or mostly one or the other?

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: Michigan C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby 052220151 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:16 pm

Why does Michigan even bother have a status checker?

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Michigan C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby chuckbass » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:57 pm

BostonFuse51 wrote:One month since application received e-mail. Still listed as Complete on the Status Check

RD?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beercules, BrainsyK, canafsa, carlos_danger, Cognitiveproblem, darthlawyer, Google [Bot], HeedMyWarning, Ithinkican, mornincounselor, Nobiggie, NotAGolfer, Snowjon, xnsch, zeglo and 17 guests