Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Synch
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:33 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby Synch » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:01 pm

andapieceoftoast wrote:
vuthy wrote:
alex.cm wrote:
Otunga wrote:Complete as of today but not sure if it's been that way the last few days or whatever. I doubt there's any concrete information on when to expect a decision?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... ring#gid=3

obviously its all anecdotal but there's a section on the front page that looks at average times between submit and complete and compete to decision.


Currently at 60+ days since complete. Guess I'm above average. :?


I went complete in October. Didn't hear back until last week! It's never over 'til it's over. I would highly recommend sending a Why Mich if you haven't already --- and trust me, it was the easiest "Why X" essay I've written this cycle. So many amazing things to talk about.


+ a million. I sent a late Why Mich, and I'm pretty sure that's what saved me from a waitlist/rejection.

User avatar
scorneli
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:16 am

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby scorneli » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:05 pm

In today via snail-mail! I had stopped checking my online status check. Splitter, went complete way back in October. Submitted app the day it opened.

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby thechancellor » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:03 pm

scorneli wrote:In today via snail-mail! I had stopped checking my online status check. Splitter, went complete way back in October. Submitted app the day it opened.


Congrats! You've certainly been waiting long enough...

User avatar
Slytherpuff
Posts: 2298
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby Slytherpuff » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:07 pm

Complete at last. Maybe I'll be lucky and get a decision this month? :)

anagram
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:52 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby anagram » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:50 pm

Is there any reason why Michigan takes so long to give a decision?

Went complete way back in November and haven't heard a peep, apart from an email letting me know my app hasn't fallen behind a couch or something.

173, 'above average' (int'l), no Why Michigan.

User avatar
capt_slow
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:08 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby capt_slow » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:51 pm

I have been sitting at "Incomplete- In progress" for about a month now... Although I have submitted everything. At what point should I start bothering the school?

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby JustHawkin » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:07 pm

capt_slow wrote:I have been sitting at "Incomplete- In progress" for about a month now... Although I have submitted everything. At what point should I start bothering the school?

6 weeks

User avatar
albs18
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby albs18 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:50 am

and....still no decision. Yes, the "we're sorry this is taking so long" e-mail was very nice, but that was nearly 3 weeks ago. Getting antsy over here...

User avatar
wsparker
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby wsparker » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:53 am

albs18 wrote:and....still no decision. Yes, the "we're sorry this is taking so long" e-mail was very nice, but that was nearly 3 weeks ago. Getting antsy over here...



Same! been complete since the first week of October and sent "Why Mich" after that email. I really just want a decision

User avatar
MnM22
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby MnM22 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:24 pm

So I love Michigan Law's program and sent in a "Why Michigan?" only to realize I sent in the earlier draft...I was so that person and re-sent them the final version...

So embarrassed :oops: I guess I just wait for them to ding me now... :cry:

User avatar
andapieceoftoast
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:18 am

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby andapieceoftoast » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:29 pm

MnM22 wrote:So I love Michigan Law's program and sent in a "Why Michigan?" only to realize I sent in the earlier draft...I was so that person and re-sent them the final version...

So embarrassed :oops: I guess I just wait for them to ding me now... :cry:


I highly doubt that. I found a typo in my resume, sent them a new copy, and still got in! If anywhere would cut you a little slack, it's UMich --- they are SO nice! I am positive that this kind of thing happens more times than they can count. You're human, you found a mistake, and corrected it!!

GOOD LUCK, TRY NOT TO FRET!!!

User avatar
MnM22
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby MnM22 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:35 pm

andapieceoftoast wrote:
MnM22 wrote:So I love Michigan Law's program and sent in a "Why Michigan?" only to realize I sent in the earlier draft...I was so that person and re-sent them the final version...

So embarrassed :oops: I guess I just wait for them to ding me now... :cry:


I highly doubt that. I found a typo in my resume, sent them a new copy, and still got in! If anywhere would cut you a little slack, it's UMich --- they are SO nice! I am positive that this kind of thing happens more times than they can count. You're human, you found a mistake, and corrected it!!

GOOD LUCK, TRY NOT TO FRET!!!


OHHH YES This makes me feel so much better that I wasn't the only person to do this haha.

Thank you!

User avatar
andapieceoftoast
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:18 am

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby andapieceoftoast » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:49 pm

MnM22 wrote:
andapieceoftoast wrote:
MnM22 wrote:So I love Michigan Law's program and sent in a "Why Michigan?" only to realize I sent in the earlier draft...I was so that person and re-sent them the final version...

So embarrassed :oops: I guess I just wait for them to ding me now... :cry:


I highly doubt that. I found a typo in my resume, sent them a new copy, and still got in! If anywhere would cut you a little slack, it's UMich --- they are SO nice! I am positive that this kind of thing happens more times than they can count. You're human, you found a mistake, and corrected it!!

GOOD LUCK, TRY NOT TO FRET!!!


OHHH YES This makes me feel so much better that I wasn't the only person to do this haha.

Thank you!


No worries! I seek to reduce stress levels where I can!

User avatar
Slytherpuff
Posts: 2298
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby Slytherpuff » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:20 pm

MnM22 wrote:So I love Michigan Law's program and sent in a "Why Michigan?" only to realize I sent in the earlier draft...I was so that person and re-sent them the final version...

So embarrassed :oops: I guess I just wait for them to ding me now... :cry:

At least it was an earlier draft instead of a "Why Michigan" that's actually a "Why Penn"... :wink:

User avatar
MnM22
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby MnM22 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:16 pm

fkt18 wrote:
MnM22 wrote:So I love Michigan Law's program and sent in a "Why Michigan?" only to realize I sent in the earlier draft...I was so that person and re-sent them the final version...

So embarrassed :oops: I guess I just wait for them to ding me now... :cry:

At least it was an earlier draft instead of a "Why Michigan" that's actually a "Why Penn"... :wink:


Haha! Thank God!

User avatar
rseaney
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:53 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby rseaney » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:35 pm

had my darrow interview yesterday -- eeeven more casual and conversational than the js1. really got the vibe that Mich is just as chill as the conventional wisdom suggests.

can anyone with personal experience confirm?

NavyOfficer23
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby NavyOfficer23 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:25 pm

rseaney wrote:had my darrow interview yesterday -- eeeven more casual and conversational than the js1. really got the vibe that Mich is just as chill as the conventional wisdom suggests.

can anyone with personal experience confirm?


Yes. Michigan is very down-to-earth, collegial, and friendly. True across the board: admissions, professors, admin staff, everyone.

User avatar
andapieceoftoast
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:18 am

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby andapieceoftoast » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:03 am

rseaney wrote:had my darrow interview yesterday -- eeeven more casual and conversational than the js1. really got the vibe that Mich is just as chill as the conventional wisdom suggests.

can anyone with personal experience confirm?


Gahhhhh congrats! I would kill for some sweet, sweet Darrow love.
Alas, I believe that I was accepted far too late to be considered.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:02 pm

jfc Michigan can I get a decision already? Complete since late October.

User avatar
rseaney
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:53 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby rseaney » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:42 pm

NavyOfficer23 wrote:
rseaney wrote:had my darrow interview yesterday -- eeeven more casual and conversational than the js1. really got the vibe that Mich is just as chill as the conventional wisdom suggests.

can anyone with personal experience confirm?


Yes. Michigan is very down-to-earth, collegial, and friendly. True across the board: admissions, professors, admin staff, everyone.



looks gorgeous too... im just worried that there is a pretty significant tradeoff career-wise, especially since i do not want to practice in the midwest

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby jk148706 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:20 pm

lawschool22 wrote:jfc Michigan can I get a decision already? Complete since late October.


Ls22 your cycle man. Some schools have been taking forever for you


Have fun at nyu

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:55 pm

jk148706 wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:jfc Michigan can I get a decision already? Complete since late October.


Ls22 your cycle man. Some schools have been taking forever for you


Have fun at nyu


I think they're all pissed about the spreadsheets.

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby yossarian » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:57 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
jk148706 wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:jfc Michigan can I get a decision already? Complete since late October.


Ls22 your cycle man. Some schools have been taking forever for you


Have fun at nyu


I think they're all pissed about the spreadsheets.


This. Thou shalt not game the system that we have already gamed.

User avatar
BenjarvusGreenEllis
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:40 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby BenjarvusGreenEllis » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:27 pm

Checking in. I received my status checker today. Applied 1/30. Good luck everyone, especially those who have been waiting for a long time.

PallasAthena
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:41 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby PallasAthena » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:04 am

.
Last edited by PallasAthena on Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, Google Adsense [Bot], JazzyMac, jyzhao3, nahmjun and 10 guests