Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Wild Card
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:48 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby Wild Card » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:14 pm

... your file has been read and then set aside, to be revisited at some later date. That is in essence true for some people receiving our email ...

The majority of the people getting this email fall into one of two categories: someone about whom the file readers had different impressions, or someone about whom I just couldn’t reach a decision ...

it ought not to be interpreted as a veiled coercive hint for additional information.

Emphases mine.

Sent: 11/15/13
Received: 11/18/13
Complete: 12/07/13

User avatar
MrMileyCyrus
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby MrMileyCyrus » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:17 pm

Wild Card wrote:
... your file has been read and then set aside, to be revisited at some later date. That is in essence true for some people receiving our email ...

The majority of the people getting this email fall into one of two categories: someone about whom the file readers had different impressions, or someone about whom I just couldn’t reach a decision ...

it ought not to be interpreted as a veiled coercive hint for additional information.

Emphases mine.

Sent: 11/15/13
Received: 11/18/13
Complete: 12/07/13


Is that word-for-word what your email said? Mine didn't say that at all...

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:21 pm

MrMileyCyrus wrote:
Wild Card wrote:
... your file has been read and then set aside, to be revisited at some later date. That is in essence true for some people receiving our email ...

The majority of the people getting this email fall into one of two categories: someone about whom the file readers had different impressions, or someone about whom I just couldn’t reach a decision ...

it ought not to be interpreted as a veiled coercive hint for additional information.

Emphases mine.

Sent: 11/15/13
Received: 11/18/13
Complete: 12/07/13


Is that word-for-word what your email said? Mine didn't say that at all...


If it is...then I think people who got THAT email are being held.

User avatar
Power_of_Facing
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:36 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby Power_of_Facing » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:24 pm

Random, obnoxious question: For how long are Dean's Scholarship offers considered "active" -- can these be rescinded on a whim, or can we expect to see these stand at least until ASW?

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby koalacity » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:27 pm

Deleted to avoid confusion for future readers.
Last edited by koalacity on Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Wild Card
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:48 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby Wild Card » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:29 pm

Last edited by Wild Card on Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MrMileyCyrus
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby MrMileyCyrus » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:29 pm

False alarm!

I figured out the quotes were from this blog post: https://www.law.umich.edu/connection/a2z/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=83

User avatar
HouseTargaryen
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:06 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby HouseTargaryen » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:29 pm

scoobers wrote:
MrMileyCyrus wrote:
Wild Card wrote:
... your file has been read and then set aside, to be revisited at some later date. That is in essence true for some people receiving our email ...

The majority of the people getting this email fall into one of two categories: someone about whom the file readers had different impressions, or someone about whom I just couldn’t reach a decision ...

it ought not to be interpreted as a veiled coercive hint for additional information.

Emphases mine.

Sent: 11/15/13
Received: 11/18/13
Complete: 12/07/13


Is that word-for-word what your email said? Mine didn't say that at all...


If it is...then I think people who got THAT email are being held.


Yea mine definitely didn't read like that.

For anyone who got the "sorry" email, clicking on the link she provides helps to clear up any confusion.

User avatar
Power_of_Facing
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:36 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby Power_of_Facing » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:31 pm

Wild Card wrote:http://www.law.umich.edu/connection/a2z/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=83

Calm down. Save it for law school.


Dean Z is definitely my favorite Top-Law-School Dean.

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby koalacity » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:32 pm

Oops, sorry for the confusion.

User avatar
GreatExpectations
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:37 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby GreatExpectations » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:37 pm

So there weren't two different emails that went out? That was just from that blog post, right?

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby mandyjay11 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:37 pm

Power_of_Facing wrote:
Wild Card wrote:http://www.law.umich.edu/connection/a2z/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=83

Calm down. Save it for law school.


Dean Z is definitely my favorite Top-Law-School Dean.

Samsing
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:05 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby Samsing » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:40 pm

lawschool22 wrote:Just got the "sorry for the delay" email. I went complete in the first few days of November.


Got the same email and went complete during the same time.

User avatar
Serett
Posts: 8881
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby Serett » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:45 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
Power_of_Facing wrote:
Wild Card wrote:http://www.law.umich.edu/connection/a2z/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=83

Calm down. Save it for law school.


Dean Z is definitely my favorite Top-Law-School Dean.


These. Having just read this post and another she had linked therein concerning YP, I was just about to compliment her writing style in particular.

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby thechancellor » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:50 pm

Power_of_Facing wrote:Random, obnoxious question: For how long are Dean's Scholarship offers considered "active" -- can these be rescinded on a whim, or can we expect to see these stand at least until ASW?


I'm pretty sure they stand either till the seat deposit deadline or until you accept the offer??

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:51 pm

Wild Card wrote:http://www.law.umich.edu/connection/a2z/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=83

Calm down. Save it for law school.


omg.


read the comments.

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby The-Specs » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:17 pm

I got a letter today offering me the deans scholarship. 75k over three years. 176/3.58

I am sure you guys have hashed all of this out already but I wanted to add my info for posterity. I will almost for sure not be taking it and will be withdrawing (in march probably. Good luck to everyone, hope you open up a spot for someone. :)

User avatar
samoby
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 12:44 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby samoby » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:09 pm

scoobers wrote:
Wild Card wrote:http://www.law.umich.edu/connection/a2z/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=83

Calm down. Save it for law school.


omg.


read the comments.


Ouch.

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby midwest17 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:09 pm

scoobers wrote:
Wild Card wrote:http://www.law.umich.edu/connection/a2z/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=83

Calm down. Save it for law school.


omg.


read the comments.


This is why we can't have nice things.

californiauser
Posts: 1184
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby californiauser » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:29 pm

Power_of_Facing wrote:
Wild Card wrote:http://www.law.umich.edu/connection/a2z/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=83

Calm down. Save it for law school.


Dean Z is definitely my favorite Top-Law-School Dean.


Do you already have a favorite TTT dean?

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:30 pm

scoobers wrote:
Wild Card wrote:http://www.law.umich.edu/connection/a2z/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=83

Calm down. Save it for law school.


omg.


read the comments.


.
Last edited by lawschool22 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby koalacity » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:19 am

Not quoting, but the lack of comma usage makes your post rather vague. Did you read the comments, and not long after you read said comments, you went to said location (perhaps prompted by the reading of the comments)? Or did you read the comments not long after you arrived at said location? I would assume the former... :wink:

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby midwest17 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:47 am

.
Last edited by midwest17 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kershka
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby kershka » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:51 am

.
Last edited by kershka on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LawSchoolHopeful5
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:39 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby LawSchoolHopeful5 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:46 am

Rupture three ligaments in my ankle playing basketball today after telling my friends how badly I wanted to go to Michigan law. I feel like that's a bad omen :roll:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Bing [Bot], doc b, jstans, Kungfu Wontons, premalone, rubixcube, sec_undergrad, spursforever, tlee13 and 16 guests