Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
albs18
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby albs18 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:29 pm

LawSchoolHopeful5 wrote:
albs18 wrote:Congrats to all the new admits!

Submitted late November. Complete Early December. No decision yet. Anyone in the same boat?


Yeah I'm right there with you. Getting a little nervous now especially because I'm a reverse splitter.


I'm also a reverse splitter. Between 25th and 50th LSAT and above 75th GPA. Here is to hoping for admit decisions soon!

1 edit: typo.

Wolverine1614
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:02 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby Wolverine1614 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:31 pm

.
Last edited by Wolverine1614 on Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby neprep » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:33 pm

albs18 wrote:
LawSchoolHopeful5 wrote:
albs18 wrote:Congrats to all the new admits!

Submitted late November. Complete Early December. No decision yet. Anyone in the same boat?


Yeah I'm right there with you. Getting a little nervous now especially because I'm a reverse splitter.


I'm also a reverse splitter. Between 25th and 50th LSAT and above 75th GPA. Here is to hoping for admit decisions soon!

1 edit: typo.


I'm above the LSAT 75th and a hair below the median GPA, went complete in early December and still haven't heard anything.

User avatar
GreatExpectations
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:37 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby GreatExpectations » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:37 pm

I'm 75th for LSAT and above 75th for GPA with a completion around the same time so I think we just need to be patient. Unless there's something horribly wrong with our apps that we don't realize yet :cry:

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby neprep » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:39 pm

GreatExpectations wrote:I'm 75th for LSAT and above 75th for GPA with a completion around the same time so I think we just need to be patient. Unless there's something horribly wrong with our apps that we don't realize yet :cry:


I had a dream a few days back that I sent Mich my Why Penn essay. False alarm, though everyone should check to be sure.

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby phillywc » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:01 pm

I'm NEP's twin and I also haven't heard anything.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:09 pm

phillywc wrote:I'm NEP's twin and I also haven't heard anything.


I'm philly's twin and I also haven't heard anything.

User avatar
kkdk
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:03 am

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby kkdk » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:33 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
phillywc wrote:I'm NEP's twin and I also haven't heard anything.


I'm philly's twin and I also haven't heard anything.


Euclid tells me that lawschool22 is also nep's twin.

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby phillywc » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:02 pm

kkdk wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
phillywc wrote:I'm NEP's twin and I also haven't heard anything.


I'm philly's twin and I also haven't heard anything.


Euclid tells me that lawschool22 is also nep's twin.

We are actually quintuplets... Where is BOM and Scoobs?

gta
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:51 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby gta » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:18 pm

LoganFL wrote:I know it's probably somewhere in this thread but I can't seem to find it. I applied on Monday and still have no word on a status checker. Whats the estimated time after app submission to getting a status check login email?


I applied on Jan. 1 and received the status checker on Jan. 7.

LawSchoolHopeful5
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:39 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby LawSchoolHopeful5 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:23 am

I have no twin ITT :(

User avatar
Serett
Posts: 8843
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby Serett » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:06 am

In as of this morning's status check update :D

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby JustHawkin » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:23 am

What are we looking at for time from being complete to decision rendered?

User avatar
Serett
Posts: 8843
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby Serett » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:26 am

JustHawkin wrote:What are we looking at for time from being complete to decision rendered?


Average experience likely varied (see spreadsheet), but personally, I submitted around Dec. 7, went complete about two weeks later, and have my decision as of today.

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby thechancellor » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:01 am

Serett wrote:In as of this morning's status check update :D


Congrats!! Join us in the accepted thread, and I know everyone still waiting to hear will love you 20% more if you post your stats/dates of completion (or at least update the spreadsheet). ;)

User avatar
Serett
Posts: 8843
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby Serett » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:24 am

alex.cm wrote:
Serett wrote:In as of this morning's status check update :D


Congrats!! Join us in the accepted thread, and I know everyone still waiting to hear will love you 20% more if you post your stats/dates of completion (or at least update the spreadsheet). ;)


Posted more in the spreadsheet. LSAT>75, GPA just above 25th. A few days short of a month from complete to decision.

EEguy5
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:43 am

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby EEguy5 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:53 am

Checking in. Admitted via status checker this morning!!! LSAT >75, GPA<25. pretty significant splitter. Submitted mid November, I think complete around the beginning of December.

paulw
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:14 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby paulw » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:54 am

Just got in via status check this morning complete around 12/7, above 75th in LSAT below 25th in GPA. Good luck to everyone still waiting, PM me if you're interested in more details.

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:49 am

phillywc wrote:
kkdk wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
phillywc wrote:I'm NEP's twin and I also haven't heard anything.


I'm philly's twin and I also haven't heard anything.


Euclid tells me that lawschool22 is also nep's twin.

We are actually quintuplets... Where is BOM and Scoobs?


hello my brethren!
eta: I should have written a Why Mich.

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby 04102014 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:53 am

phillywc wrote:
kkdk wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
phillywc wrote:I'm NEP's twin and I also haven't heard anything.


I'm philly's twin and I also haven't heard anything.


Euclid tells me that lawschool22 is also nep's twin.

We are actually quintuplets... Where is BOM and Scoobs?


Um, am I nothing to you?

User avatar
EzraFitz
Posts: 570
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:42 am

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby EzraFitz » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:44 pm

I submitted mid October, LSAT >75th, GPA >25th, and I'm not getting any of this love :/. Makes me nervous.

ETA: And of course, congrats everyone admitted thus far!
Last edited by EzraFitz on Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OsaroLJ
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:37 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby OsaroLJ » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:47 pm

Congrats to all the new admits!

IrishJew
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby IrishJew » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:51 pm

Hey, All. Just got my acceptance letter today. Applied 11/21, very good LSAT, crappy GPA < 25th, strong softs, and I wrote a why Mich. All my info is in the spreadsheet. PM me if you want stats or personal info.

Sorry if this is a question that has been asked and answered, but does anyone know when and how they notify you of merit aid? I see a few people in here commenting on aid offers, but my letter didn't say anything one way or the other, does that mean I didn't get any aid, do they send it later on their own, or do you have to fill out a form to ask for aid?

Thanks for any info you have and good luck to all who are still waiting!

User avatar
albs18
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby albs18 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:01 pm

Wolverine1614 wrote:
albs18 wrote:
LawSchoolHopeful5 wrote:
albs18 wrote:Congrats to all the new admits!

Submitted late November. Complete Early December. No decision yet. Anyone in the same boat?


Yeah I'm right there with you. Getting a little nervous now especially because I'm a reverse splitter.


I'm also a reverse splitter. Between 25th and 50th LSAT and above 75th GPA. Here is to hoping for admit decisions soon!

1 edit: typo.


You match my stats and complete date exactly. I'm in the same boat as you! Getting nervous


I have a feeling we (regular and reverse splitters) will be hearing back (with admits :D ) early this week.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:11 pm

IrishJew wrote:Hey, All. Just got my acceptance letter today. Applied 11/21, very good LSAT, crappy GPA < 25th, strong softs, and I wrote a why Mich. All my info is in the spreadsheet. PM me if you want stats or personal info.

Sorry if this is a question that has been asked and answered, but does anyone know when and how they notify you of merit aid? I see a few people in here commenting on aid offers, but my letter didn't say anything one way or the other, does that mean I didn't get any aid, do they send it later on their own, or do you have to fill out a form to ask for aid?

Thanks for any info you have and good luck to all who are still waiting!


This question would probably get better answers in the accepted students thread.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 10 guests