Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby chuckbass » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:42 pm

koalacity wrote:Psst. Just a gentle suggestion to take this discussion to the Michigan C/O 2017 thread here, as there are many people in this thread who are anxiously awaiting a mere at-sticker acceptance (or even WL).

No animosity either, but thank you. Very timely response ;)

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby thechancellor » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:43 pm

TakeABow94 wrote:Darn it. I just got snail mail offering 105k. That's good news but that means I won't be getting a Darrow invite. My numbers hug yls's medians and I saw a few other posters with similar numbers get invites. It's not that big of a deal because I have other options. But I can get about the same amount in needbased aid from the HYS I was accepted to.

This is making me think that something is wrong with my app and this doesn't bode well for ccn $$. No why Michigan but I did write a DS and 1 or 2 optionals.


If that's what my letters says I will TAKE IT. ;)

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:44 pm

alex.cm wrote:
TakeABow94 wrote:Darn it. I just got snail mail offering 105k. That's good news but that means I won't be getting a Darrow invite. My numbers hug yls's medians and I saw a few other posters with similar numbers get invites. It's not that big of a deal because I have other options. But I can get about the same amount in needbased aid from the HYS I was accepted to.

This is making me think that something is wrong with my app and this doesn't bode well for ccn $$. No why Michigan but I did write a DS and 1 or 2 optionals.


If that's what my letters says I will TAKE IT. ;)


Yeah, I can't imagine using "Darn it" and "I just got offered $105k" in the same sentence :D. TakeABow, you know they will negotiate, right? That means $105k is the LOWEST you would have to take from them...you're not that far from negotiating up to a full scholarship.

IrishJew
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby IrishJew » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:28 pm

scotth724 wrote:Breaking my hiatus. Just submitted and LOCI and another LOR. Good luck all, congrats all, and Michigan: ACCEPT ME PLEASE I WILL PAY ALL THE MONEYZ AND BE SUPER ACTIVE AND IT WILL BE A MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL EXPERIENCE


Don't forget alumni donations, dude.

Seriously god luck.

IrishJew
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby IrishJew » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:34 pm

TakeABow94 wrote:Darn it. I just got snail mail offering 105k. That's good news but that means I won't be getting a Darrow invite. My numbers hug yls's medians and I saw a few other posters with similar numbers get invites. It's not that big of a deal because I have other options. But I can get about the same amount in needbased aid from the HYS I was accepted to.

This is making me think that something is wrong with my app and this doesn't bode well for ccn $$. No why Michigan but I did write a DS and 1 or 2 optionals.


I feel your pain. Chicago only offered to name one building after me in their acceptance, which is pretty much the same as what HY and S are offering me, which really makes me worry that something in my app might prevent me from getting the private helicopter fleet I wanted from Columbia. Oh well, que sera sera, there's always Yale if nothing else works out.

Edit: Seriously, I know all deprivation is relative and you didn't get as high as you wanted. I felt the same way when I got a 178 instead of a 180, but it just sounds like totally FWP in here.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:43 pm

IrishJew wrote:
TakeABow94 wrote:Darn it. I just got snail mail offering 105k. That's good news but that means I won't be getting a Darrow invite. My numbers hug yls's medians and I saw a few other posters with similar numbers get invites. It's not that big of a deal because I have other options. But I can get about the same amount in needbased aid from the HYS I was accepted to.

This is making me think that something is wrong with my app and this doesn't bode well for ccn $$. No why Michigan but I did write a DS and 1 or 2 optionals.


I feel your pain. Chicago only offered to name one building after me in their acceptance, which is pretty much the same as what HY and S are offering me, which really makes me worry that something in my app might prevent me from getting the private helicopter fleet I wanted from Columbia. Oh well, que sera sera, there's always Yale if nothing else works out.

Edit: Seriously, I know all deprivation is relative and you didn't get as high as you wanted. I felt the same way when I got a 178 instead of a 180, but it just sounds like totally FWP in here.


Nice humblebrag Irish 8) :lol: (unless that was sarcasm that i missed lol)

IrishJew
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby IrishJew » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:50 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
IrishJew wrote:
TakeABow94 wrote:Darn it. I just got snail mail offering 105k. That's good news but that means I won't be getting a Darrow invite. My numbers hug yls's medians and I saw a few other posters with similar numbers get invites. It's not that big of a deal because I have other options. But I can get about the same amount in needbased aid from the HYS I was accepted to.

This is making me think that something is wrong with my app and this doesn't bode well for ccn $$. No why Michigan but I did write a DS and 1 or 2 optionals.


I feel your pain. Chicago only offered to name one building after me in their acceptance, which is pretty much the same as what HY and S are offering me, which really makes me worry that something in my app might prevent me from getting the private helicopter fleet I wanted from Columbia. Oh well, que sera sera, there's always Yale if nothing else works out.

Edit: Seriously, I know all deprivation is relative and you didn't get as high as you wanted. I felt the same way when I got a 178 instead of a 180, but it just sounds like totally FWP in here.


Nice humblebrag Irish 8) :lol: (unless that was sarcasm that i missed lol)


Yeah, I know ls22. I thought about that edit a long time. I really do sympathize with the guy, and I wanted to express that sincerely, but I also didn't want my example to be a dick move. In the end I decided that anyone who wants my stats can find me on LSN or the spreadsheets anyway. 8) Just be glad I didn't tell you about how my dissertation only cured AIDS instead of the cancer treatment I was working on. Worst. Day. Ever. (Now THAT was sarcasm.)

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby koalacity » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:20 pm

scotth724 wrote:
koalacity wrote:Psst. Just a gentle suggestion to take this discussion to the Michigan C/O 2017 thread here, as there are many people in this thread who are anxiously awaiting a mere at-sticker acceptance (or even WL).

No animosity either, but thank you. Very timely response ;)

Pulling for you to cop dat Michigan acceptance soon!

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby chuckbass » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:56 pm

koalacity wrote:
scotth724 wrote:
koalacity wrote:Psst. Just a gentle suggestion to take this discussion to the Michigan C/O 2017 thread here, as there are many people in this thread who are anxiously awaiting a mere at-sticker acceptance (or even WL).

No animosity either, but thank you. Very timely response ;)

Pulling for you to cop dat Michigan acceptance soon!

Thanks a lot. But yea I appreciate it. Again considering how much I just want to get in to Michigan, vs how many people just take it for granted.

c0llegeStUd3nt
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:11 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby c0llegeStUd3nt » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:59 am

Just checked this morning before work and In via status checker. Super pumped.

PM for stats.

User avatar
samoby
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 12:44 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby samoby » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:46 am

c0llegeStUd3nt wrote:Just checked this morning before work and In via status checker. Super pumped.

PM for stats.


Yay! Congratulations!

User avatar
js101b
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:21 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby js101b » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:06 am

IrishJew wrote:
TakeABow94 wrote:Darn it. I just got snail mail offering 105k. That's good news but that means I won't be getting a Darrow invite. My numbers hug yls's medians and I saw a few other posters with similar numbers get invites. It's not that big of a deal because I have other options. But I can get about the same amount in needbased aid from the HYS I was accepted to.

This is making me think that something is wrong with my app and this doesn't bode well for ccn $$. No why Michigan but I did write a DS and 1 or 2 optionals.


I feel your pain. Chicago only offered to name one building after me in their acceptance, which is pretty much the same as what HY and S are offering me, which really makes me worry that something in my app might prevent me from getting the private helicopter fleet I wanted from Columbia. Oh well, que sera sera, there's always Yale if nothing else works out.

Edit: Seriously, I know all deprivation is relative and you didn't get as high as you wanted. I felt the same way when I got a 178 instead of a 180, but it just sounds like totally FWP in here.


This was 180.

IrishJew
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby IrishJew » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:16 am

js101b wrote:
IrishJew wrote:
TakeABow94 wrote:Darn it. I just got snail mail offering 105k. That's good news but that means I won't be getting a Darrow invite. My numbers hug yls's medians and I saw a few other posters with similar numbers get invites. It's not that big of a deal because I have other options. But I can get about the same amount in needbased aid from the HYS I was accepted to.

This is making me think that something is wrong with my app and this doesn't bode well for ccn $$. No why Michigan but I did write a DS and 1 or 2 optionals.


I feel your pain. Chicago only offered to name one building after me in their acceptance, which is pretty much the same as what HY and S are offering me, which really makes me worry that something in my app might prevent me from getting the private helicopter fleet I wanted from Columbia. Oh well, que sera sera, there's always Yale if nothing else works out.

Edit: Seriously, I know all deprivation is relative and you didn't get as high as you wanted. I felt the same way when I got a 178 instead of a 180, but it just sounds like totally FWP in here.


This was 180.


Haha, thanks. I try, humor is the only way I can survive the stress :) When I got into UMich I was so stoked. It's coming for y'all soon! (Fingers crossed)

User avatar
berndie90
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 1:37 am

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby berndie90 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:19 am

In via status checker this morning! Love their little note about flash drives and notes. :P Applied early December, not sure when my complete date was as I don't recall getting an e-mail from them saying it was complete.

IrishJew
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby IrishJew » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:25 am

berndie90 wrote:In via status checker this morning! Love their little note about flash drives and notes. :P Applied early December, not sure when my complete date was as I don't recall getting an e-mail from them saying it was complete.


Congrats!

User avatar
albs18
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby albs18 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:47 am

Congrats to all the new admits!

Submitted late November. Complete Early December. No decision yet. Anyone in the same boat?

Dominican_Lawyer
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby Dominican_Lawyer » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:50 am

All decisions/status changes posted at 6 am correct?

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby jk148706 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:54 am

Dominican_Lawyer wrote:All decisions/status changes posted at 6 am correct?


Correct

Dominican_Lawyer
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby Dominican_Lawyer » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:18 am

jk148706 wrote:
Dominican_Lawyer wrote:All decisions/status changes posted at 6 am correct?


Correct


Nice so its only necessary to check status once a day before going on to do the depraved activities that keep me sane during this time of waiting. :mrgreen:

User avatar
samoby
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 12:44 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby samoby » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:29 am

Dominican_Lawyer wrote:
jk148706 wrote:
Dominican_Lawyer wrote:All decisions/status changes posted at 6 am correct?


Correct


Nice so its only necessary to check status once a day before going on to do the depraved activities that keep me sane during this time of waiting. :mrgreen:


Right!

User avatar
Ambi-Turner
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:12 am

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby Ambi-Turner » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:02 pm

albs18 wrote:Congrats to all the new admits!

Submitted late November. Complete Early December. No decision yet. Anyone in the same boat?


Same here

User avatar
Pyromancer
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:06 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby Pyromancer » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:08 pm

I know it's probably somewhere in this thread but I can't seem to find it. I applied on Monday and still have no word on a status checker. Whats the estimated time after app submission to getting a status check login email?

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby jk148706 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:11 pm

LoganFL wrote:I know it's probably somewhere in this thread but I can't seem to find it. I applied on Monday and still have no word on a status checker. Whats the estimated time after app submission to getting a status check login email?


For some people it took about a week; for others, about three weeks

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby koalacity » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:12 pm

LoganFL wrote:I know it's probably somewhere in this thread but I can't seem to find it. I applied on Monday and still have no word on a status checker. Whats the estimated time after app submission to getting a status check login email?

A while-a week to almost a month. Judging by your last two questions, you will likely find this thread helpful (many thanks to scoobers): What to Expect When You're Expecting c/o 2017

LawSchoolHopeful5
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:39 pm

Re: Michigan Applicants C/O 2017 (Applicants 2013-2014)

Postby LawSchoolHopeful5 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:07 pm

albs18 wrote:Congrats to all the new admits!

Submitted late November. Complete Early December. No decision yet. Anyone in the same boat?


Yeah I'm right there with you. Getting a little nervous now especially because I'm a reverse splitter.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AustinLu, carlos_danger, Google Adsense [Bot], Lhcarter22, studyingeveryday, xnsch and 16 guests