Post removed.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
MrsHello
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:46 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby MrsHello » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:40 pm

Checking in :D

User avatar
Fiera
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:15 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Fiera » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:20 pm

Us TLS-ers are just collectively pathetic right now. Hang in there everyone! RCO2012 I hope we'll be UVA friends/foes at the end of this cycle!

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby RCO2012 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:03 pm

MrsHello wrote:Checking in :D


Welcome!

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby RCO2012 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:03 pm

Fiera wrote:Us TLS-ers are just collectively pathetic right now. Hang in there everyone! RCO2012 I hope we'll be UVA friends/foes at the end of this cycle!


Definitely! In that case, I'm pulling for you! Keep me updated!

altoline115
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:33 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby altoline115 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:07 pm

I forgot to check in a couple of weeks ago. Been complete since right before Thanksgiving. Reverse splitter...let's see what happens!

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby RCO2012 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:11 pm

altoline115 wrote:I forgot to check in a couple of weeks ago. Been complete since right before Thanksgiving. Reverse splitter...let's see what happens!


Definitely let us know. Reverse splitters are always an interesting data point to have when considering how a cycle is going. Best of luck to you, and welcome to the wait! :D

User avatar
Gooner91
Posts: 1376
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:34 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Gooner91 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:31 pm

altoline115 wrote:I forgot to check in a couple of weeks ago. Been complete since right before Thanksgiving. Reverse splitter...let's see what happens!


Yay! I will cross my fingers for you. Gotta support my fellow reverse splitters.
Did you apply ED or RD?

jlloyd
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:50 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jlloyd » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:01 am

Have all of the interviews been over the phone? I was asked to do a skype interview last week.
I don't remember anyone doing skype yet this cycle.

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby RCO2012 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:00 am

jlloyd wrote:Have all of the interviews been over the phone? I was asked to do a skype interview last week.
I don't remember anyone doing skype yet this cycle.


Admission's preference is to conduct the interview via Skype, but you don't have to. You can choose to do it over the phone. HTH.

User avatar
Happy Gilmore
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:24 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Happy Gilmore » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:54 pm

Anything I should watch out for during this interview?

User avatar
Happy Gilmore
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:24 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Happy Gilmore » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:56 pm

Also I did phone interview, I assume they prefer skype but I just didn't wanna. Hopefully that won't bias them

User avatar
EzraFitz
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:42 am

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby EzraFitz » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:00 pm

Happy Gilmore wrote:Anything I should watch out for during this interview?

Know your PS well. I was asked multiple questions about very fine details of my statement (might not be the norm though.

Happy Gilmore wrote:Also I did phone interview, I assume they prefer skype but I just didn't wanna. Hopefully that won't bias them

I did phone as well, didn't seem to matter.

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby RCO2012 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:03 pm

Happy Gilmore wrote:Also I did phone interview, I assume they prefer skype but I just didn't wanna. Hopefully that won't bias them


Phone won't bias them, so don't worry about that. Just speak clearly and professionally. Make sure to know not just your PS, but your entire application very well. If you have a thesis or other significant research writing mentioned in your application, make sure you remember the details of the project and the information you covered within it (most of my interview revolved around my thesis). Also, make sure you are ready to discuss your work experience, if any. If you didn't write a "Why UVA?" (and really, even if you did), make sure you are ready for that to be the first question in the interview. HTH. Good luck!

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby RCO2012 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:07 pm

So, here's to wishing everyone good luck tomorrow for decisions that come through. I also don't like seeing the UVA thread almost off the first page, so, bump.

User avatar
rule615
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:55 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby rule615 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:39 pm

RCO2012 wrote: So, here's to wishing everyone good luck tomorrow for decisions that come through. I also don't like seeing the UVA thread almost off the first page, so, bump.


Do you have reason to believe that there will be action tomorrow, or just wishful thinking?

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:52 pm

I need a decision this week from at least one school...otherwise I might go crazy. Maybe it'll be UVA

User avatar
chneyo
Posts: 410
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:46 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby chneyo » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:30 pm

...
Last edited by chneyo on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby RCO2012 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:27 am

rule615 wrote:
RCO2012 wrote: So, here's to wishing everyone good luck tomorrow for decisions that come through. I also don't like seeing the UVA thread almost off the first page, so, bump.


Do you have reason to believe that there will be action tomorrow, or just wishful thinking?


I do have reason to believe. I know that one person (at least) on this forum will be admitted today for sure.

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby RCO2012 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:27 am

chneyo wrote:
altoline115 wrote:I forgot to check in a couple of weeks ago. Been complete since right before Thanksgiving. Reverse splitter...let's see what happens!


Yo! Reverse splitter here as well, and have not yet gone complete (even though the app has been in for like 2 weeks). Let's go, UVA!


Are you a VA resident?

User avatar
andapieceoftoast
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:18 am

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby andapieceoftoast » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:31 am

RCO2012 wrote:
rule615 wrote:
RCO2012 wrote: So, here's to wishing everyone good luck tomorrow for decisions that come through. I also don't like seeing the UVA thread almost off the first page, so, bump.


Do you have reason to believe that there will be action tomorrow, or just wishful thinking?


I do have reason to believe. I know that one person (at least) on this forum will be admitted today for sure.


But HOW do you know? WHAT IS THIS WIZARDRY?!
Haha just kidding, I hope you're right!

User avatar
wsparker
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby wsparker » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:11 pm

My interviewer told me that they were changing things up this year and that they are talking to applicants before their application goes to the committee. I'm assuming they don't talk to every single person, but it sounds like a majority of people should get emails asking to discuss their application. PM me if you want specifics about my "interview".

Hopefully people get good news today!

User avatar
nothingtosee
Posts: 865
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 12:08 am

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby nothingtosee » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:44 pm

Have been putting off a Why UVA essay....will finally get down to it this week.

theoutpostmhs
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby theoutpostmhs » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:08 pm

hey guys. i'm confused about the why UVA essay. was it part of the application? I don't remember it being an essay option

User avatar
Gooner91
Posts: 1376
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:34 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Gooner91 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:30 pm

theoutpostmhs wrote:hey guys. i'm confused about the why UVA essay. was it part of the application? I don't remember it being an essay option


You can write one in the optional addendum part.

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby RCO2012 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:50 pm

wsparker wrote:My interviewer told me that they were changing things up this year and that they are talking to applicants before their application goes to the committee. I'm assuming they don't talk to every single person, but it sounds like a majority of people should get emails asking to discuss their application. PM me if you want specifics about my "interview".

Hopefully people get good news today!


Most of this is correct, except for the "majority of people" part. Only applicants that the directors feel have a decent shot in front of the adcomm.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: call-me-bubbles, Christinabruin, fountainja and 21 guests