Post removed.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby RCO2012 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:11 am

username201 wrote:Hi guys!

For the Activities & Interests section,

The University of Virginia School of Law and our graduates have a well-known and long-standing reputation for collegiality, involvement, and collaboration. Therefore, because we would like to know how you may have displayed these qualities, please list your significant extracurricular, extra-professional, community and/or other activities in the order of importance to you. Please provide a brief description of each activity, and specify your involvement, length of involvement, special projects, and responsibilities. (maximum characters 2000)



I did not want to repeat what is already on my resume but did not know what to write :/
Any advice?

Thanks in advance!


My advice - pick those activities that you had a real interest in and use the space to elaborate on those activities beyond what you have on your resume. Those activities that may have not been as significant, leave them out. This is a good spot to give them more details on what you were really doing with your time rather than just a resume timeline. HTH.

itachiuchiha
Posts: 907
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby itachiuchiha » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:25 am

2 weeks since app in, no response yet for binding ed

User avatar
McGruff
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:16 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby McGruff » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:12 pm

itachiuchiha wrote:2 weeks since app in, no response yet for binding ed

You've been complete for two weeks? Are you in-state?
UVA wrote:Expedited Decision applicants will be notified of their decision within 15 days of their applications being complete and residency status determined.

User avatar
TheSpanishMain
Posts: 4133
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby TheSpanishMain » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:40 pm

I've been complete forever, and I'm in-state. RD though, and WL worthy stats. Still, c'mon now.

User avatar
samoby
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 12:44 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby samoby » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:54 pm

About what time of day have people gotten interview requests?

kosullivan23
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:22 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby kosullivan23 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:16 pm

samoby wrote:About what time of day have people gotten interview requests?


The email for my interview request was sent to me around 11:50 am.

Any other in-state applicants just get an email from uva about a Virginia day thing? I got excited when I saw I had an email from uva since I'm still waiting to hear back after my interview, but it turned out to just be for this. :(

musicdiplomacy
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:20 am

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby musicdiplomacy » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:24 pm

Just got in via email. Had the phone interview last week Wednesday.

User avatar
OliveBC
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:41 am

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby OliveBC » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:29 pm

In at UVA!! Just got the call :D I interviewed last wednesday as well

User avatar
andapieceoftoast
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:18 am

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby andapieceoftoast » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:34 pm

OliveBC wrote:In at UVA!! Just got the call :D I interviewed last wednesday as well


musicdiplomacy wrote:Just got in via email. Had the phone interview last week Wednesday.


RD or ED?

flexsquad
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:38 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby flexsquad » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:49 pm

Does interview request email show on status check page?

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby RCO2012 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:51 pm

kosullivan23 wrote:
samoby wrote:About what time of day have people gotten interview requests?


The email for my interview request was sent to me around 11:50 am.

Any other in-state applicants just get an email from uva about a Virginia day thing? I got excited when I saw I had an email from uva since I'm still waiting to hear back after my interview, but it turned out to just be for this. :(


Yes, I got the Virginia day thing, but I was hoping for them to be asking me to call since I haven't interviewed yet lol. I'd rather see a call pop up than an email though -_-…in the past emails have not been good news. But someone above said they received an 'in' email - never heard of this happening before.

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby RCO2012 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:53 pm

OliveBC wrote:In at UVA!! Just got the call :D I interviewed last wednesday as well


Congrats congrats congrats! :D ED or RD? If RD, are you definitely going to UVA or holding out to see your other offers?

musicdiplomacy
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:20 am

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby musicdiplomacy » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:56 pm

OliveBC wrote:In at UVA!! Just got the call :D I interviewed last wednesday as well


Haha, the phone was busy when I was trying to call. I think it was you!!

User avatar
OliveBC
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:41 am

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby OliveBC » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:59 pm

RCO2012 wrote:
OliveBC wrote:In at UVA!! Just got the call :D I interviewed last wednesday as well


Congrats congrats congrats! :D ED or RD? If RD, are you definitely going to UVA or holding out to see your other offers?


Thanks!! I'm RD

I'll be waiting for scholarship info to make my final decision, but UVA is definitely one of my top choices so this was awesome news :D

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby RCO2012 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:05 pm

OliveBC wrote:
RCO2012 wrote:
OliveBC wrote:In at UVA!! Just got the call :D I interviewed last wednesday as well


Congrats congrats congrats! :D ED or RD? If RD, are you definitely going to UVA or holding out to see your other offers?


Thanks!! I'm RD

I'll be waiting for scholarship info to make my final decision, but UVA is definitely one of my top choices so this was awesome news :D


Great! Looking through your posts-looks like you're having a great cycle, so congrats on that as well.

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby mx23250 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:31 pm

Just got waitlisted. To be honest I'm actually surprised I wasn't out right rejected since my numbers are well below the median. I guess my softs may have helped. I would imagine the likelihood of acceptance off of the waitlist is probably pretty low though.
On another note, congrats to all of you who got in!!

itachiuchiha
Posts: 907
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby itachiuchiha » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:32 pm

reject

User avatar
aldiddy
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:18 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby aldiddy » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:49 pm

I've been waiting over a week for an email back stating whether or not my proposed interview times will work.. getting impatient :shock: . I would love a nice, juicy UVA acceptance - or at least a chance to talk about my application!

User avatar
paglababa
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby paglababa » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:36 am

Anyone know how many people a year get 150k scholarship from UVA? Is it a seperate scholarship essay that needs to be written or is $ awarded with acceptance.

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby RCO2012 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:12 am

paglababa wrote:Anyone know how many people a year get 150k scholarship from UVA? Is it a seperate scholarship essay that needs to be written or is $ awarded with acceptance.


$$$ were awarded with acceptances last cycle. This cycle $$$ will go out starting in January/February. I'm not sure how many exactly, but it's slim. Though, a TLSer with a 170/3.9 was given 140k last cycle.

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby RCO2012 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:13 am

mx23250 wrote:Just got waitlisted. To be honest I'm actually surprised I wasn't out right rejected since my numbers are well below the median. I guess my softs may have helped. I would imagine the likelihood of acceptance off of the waitlist is probably pretty low though.
On another note, congrats to all of you who got in!!


From what I've heard, UVA came close to 20% of the final class being accepted off the waitlist last cycle.

User avatar
TheSpanishMain
Posts: 4133
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby TheSpanishMain » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:46 am

Does anything ever change from the "We have received all the required pieces of your application and it is complete" message at the top? I'm probably a WL anyway, but I've been stuck at that status for what feels like forever.

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby mx23250 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:17 am

RCO2012 wrote:
mx23250 wrote:Just got waitlisted. To be honest I'm actually surprised I wasn't out right rejected since my numbers are well below the median. I guess my softs may have helped. I would imagine the likelihood of acceptance off of the waitlist is probably pretty low though.
On another note, congrats to all of you who got in!!


From what I've heard, UVA came close to 20% of the final class being accepted off the waitlist last cycle.


That's certainly promising then. UVA is my #1 choice so I'd patiently wait well into summer for an offer.

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby RCO2012 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:02 am

TheSpanishMain wrote:Does anything ever change from the "We have received all the required pieces of your application and it is complete" message at the top? I'm probably a WL anyway, but I've been stuck at that status for what feels like forever.


No, it doesn't change.

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby RCO2012 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:05 am

mx23250 wrote:
RCO2012 wrote:
mx23250 wrote:Just got waitlisted. To be honest I'm actually surprised I wasn't out right rejected since my numbers are well below the median. I guess my softs may have helped. I would imagine the likelihood of acceptance off of the waitlist is probably pretty low though.
On another note, congrats to all of you who got in!!


From what I've heard, UVA came close to 20% of the final class being accepted off the waitlist last cycle.


That's certainly promising then. UVA is my #1 choice so I'd patiently wait well into summer for an offer.


Make sure to write a convincing LOCI and keep in touch with them. You may also want to look into other schools in Virginia, because they pull a large portion of their transfers from those schools. Also not a bad idea to discuss with a dean which schools they think would provide the best opportunity for you to transfer out of to uva in your 2L this will definitely show them your continued desire to attend.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests