Post removed.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby wtrc » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:55 am

The-Specs wrote:Hey All, I'm back. I ducked out for a while because I got nervous about lurking adcoms but i realized I was being silly, I had/have nothing to hide. Plus, TLS has been incredibly helpful to me, it would be wrong of me not to give back. I probably still won't be participating to the degree that I was before just because it was good to not be completely absorbed in these tangled threads but I am back.

For Posterity:
Sent: 9/3/13
Complete: 9/6/13
Admitted: 10/2/13
(My status never went under review)

I am super stoked about this UVA acceptance. It is my top choice unless I get a nod from one of the T3. Congrats to all the other RDers who got in. It was such a nice short ride. :)


Congrats Specs!

thenewguy
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:51 am

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby thenewguy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:12 pm

Please excuse me if this has been answered, glanced through thread rather quickly.

RDers who have been admitted - is this via email/phone call/ status checker or what?

-A neurotic guy

User avatar
Let It Roll
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 12:52 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Let It Roll » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:17 pm

The-Specs wrote:Hey All, I'm back. I ducked out for a while because I got nervous about lurking adcoms but i realized I was being silly, I had/have nothing to hide. Plus, TLS has been incredibly helpful to me, it would be wrong of me not to give back. I probably still won't be participating to the degree that I was before just because it was good to not be completely absorbed in these tangled threads but I am back.

For Posterity:
Sent: 9/3/13
Complete: 9/6/13
Admitted: 10/2/13
(My status never went under review)

I am super stoked about this UVA acceptance. It is my top choice unless I get a nod from one of the T3. Congrats to all the other RDers who got in. It was such a nice short ride. :)


Congrats! Awesome news!

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby applelover » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:09 pm

checking in

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby The-Specs » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:10 pm

thenewguy wrote:Please excuse me if this has been answered, glanced through thread rather quickly.

RDers who have been admitted - is this via email/phone call/ status checker or what?

-A neurotic guy


I think this has already been said but as far as I am aware, we recieved an email asking us to call and when we did we were admitted.

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby RCO2012 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:34 pm

.
Last edited by RCO2012 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

kathj06
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:50 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby kathj06 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:55 pm

Congrats to all of you admits! Out of curiosity, have any of you heard about scholarship $ ??

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby The-Specs » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:12 pm

kathj06 wrote:Congrats to all of you admits! Out of curiosity, have any of you heard about scholarship $ ??


Dean Richard said we wouldn't hear about it until late Feb. or Early March but the admissions packet said late Jan. to early Feb. So to answer your question, no I havn't heard anything yet but it seems like we won't for a while.

kathj06
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:50 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby kathj06 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:41 pm

Gotcha; thanks for the info.

User avatar
t14splitter
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby t14splitter » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:49 pm

The-Specs wrote:
thenewguy wrote:Please excuse me if this has been answered, glanced through thread rather quickly.

RDers who have been admitted - is this via email/phone call/ status checker or what?

-A neurotic guy


I think this has already been said but as far as I am aware, we recieved an email asking us to call and when we did we were admitted.


I actually just received a call. They may have emailed those who didn't pick up initially.


The-Specs wrote:
kathj06 wrote:Congrats to all of you admits! Out of curiosity, have any of you heard about scholarship $ ??


Dean Richard said we wouldn't hear about it until late Feb. or Early March but the admissions packet said late Jan. to early Feb. So to answer your question, no I havn't heard anything yet but it seems like we won't for a while.


I've been meaning to ask this as well. The admissions packet said January so I hope it's then.

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Mojosodope » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:50 pm

will be applying after Oct scores are in

User avatar
oxie
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:51 am

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby oxie » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:56 pm

IN!!! :D

Applied RD on 9/30 with a Why UVA essay. I’m not a VA resident, but I live relatively nearby and I visited recently and absolutely loved Charlottesville. I’m not totally sure when I went complete, but I believe it was around 10/4 or so. I got an email asking to discuss my application on 10/7 and had a 15-minute phone interview on 10/8. Got another email today asking me to call for an update on my application -- and I got in!

Some notes on the interview:

The interviewer asked about my interest in UVA, my senior thesis, and one of the hobbies I mentioned on my application. I also had the chance to ask him quite a few questions about UVA. At the very end he asked what I’d want him to tell the admissions committee about me before they make their decision. The interview was pretty casual and overall it was a really nice experience -- I felt like they genuinely wanted to get to know me and give more info about the school.

User avatar
lemons
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lemons » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:23 pm

.
Last edited by lemons on Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
thewaves
Posts: 384
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 7:26 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby thewaves » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:08 pm

Congrats Oxie and thanks for the interview info!

User avatar
Scotchandsoda
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:09 am

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Scotchandsoda » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:27 pm

Dream school. Most likely a ding, but worth the app fee.

El Principe
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:10 am

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby El Principe » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:10 pm

Praying my LSAT score is high enough to get me in here. :)

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lastsamurai » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:42 pm

Sorry if this has been answered in the thread somewhere (the first 5 pages of this thread are all "." posts, so it's a little tough to read through), but is anyone sending a diversity statement in as an optional addenda, or is just the "Why UVA" what is expected/preferred?

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby The-Specs » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:57 pm

lastsamurai wrote:Sorry if this has been answered in the thread somewhere (the first 5 pages of this thread are all "." posts, so it's a little tough to read through), but is anyone sending a diversity statement in as an optional addenda, or is just the "Why UVA" what is expected/preferred?


I did both.

Madmen321
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:04 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Madmen321 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:11 pm

I did a "Why UVA", no diversity statement.

User avatar
Typhoon24
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:09 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Typhoon24 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:23 pm

i did diversity statement, no why UVA. lol ^^ three muskateers, eh?

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby The-Specs » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:00 pm

Typhoon24 wrote:i did diversity statement, no why UVA. lol ^^ three muskateers, eh?


Haha at least we know that more than one combination can be successful. :)

Daily_Double
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Daily_Double » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:04 pm

.
Last edited by Daily_Double on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby applelover » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:07 pm

I wish I would've submitted my diversity statement as an optional addenda. For some reason, I didn't think it was acceptable at the time.

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby applelover » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:13 pm

Question: for those of you whose application status went blank, did it eventually say something or no? I'm asking because my application status has been blank for a few days.

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lastsamurai » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:38 pm

Daily_Double wrote:No Why UVA and no Diversity Statement. And as soon as I get the chance I'll probably continue to nuke old posts with "."


.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cfitz, cocozhang9950, evanesco, galeatus, Google Adsense [Bot], jetaew, Leahmealone, Leliana, mse2020, ray.bee, rizzlebizness, smashbash, ssolli, SweetTort, taxman14, ThorB, wajdicm and 44 guests