Post removed.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby JustHawkin » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:43 pm

SonlenNightfall wrote:Might be time for me to buy a softball glove... IN at UVA today.

Woo killer! Congrats!

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Otunga » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:53 pm

yossarian71 wrote:
Theopliske8711 wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:um

Theopliske8711 wrote:Ugh, I've been sitting in complete silence for over a month three months. Still waiting on interview.


Mine said complete and that shouldn't have been too long ago. I actually don't know when they go complete, but I sent my apps 12/08.


Complete 12/18. Radio Silence.


I'm at around that date too. 1 point off the LSAT median and .2 off the GPA 75.

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby RCO2012 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:38 pm

SonlenNightfall wrote:Might be time for me to buy a softball glove... IN at UVA today.


Congrats!!!!!

Thiggs
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Thiggs » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:09 am

Until very recently I had no idea that softball was big at UVA, maybe I should have done a better job playing up the fact that I played baseball in college.

User avatar
JD1776
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:08 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby JD1776 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:15 am

Thiggs wrote:Until very recently I had no idea that softball was big at UVA, maybe I should have done a better job playing up the fact that I played baseball in college.


I also didn't know this until after I applied, but I happened to include references to playing baseball in college and being a softball captain in my application.

User avatar
Tariffs
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Tariffs » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:18 am

Just had my interview with Cordel. Only lasted about 15 minutes, but he seemed to like my answers to most questions and said they would get back to me shortly with a decision. Very informal and relaxed discussion.

Questions he asked:
-Why UVA?
-Biggest life lesson from my leadership position in a club I'm in.
-Favorite class in undergrad.
-Most difficult class in undergrad and how I managed to survive it.
-If I had any questions for him.
-What would your closing statement to the admissions committee be?

User avatar
vivala
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:34 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby vivala » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:16 pm

When is an appropriate time to send in a Why UVA? I'm concerned with the crickets I've been hearing since early December.

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:28 pm

vivala wrote:When is an appropriate time to send in a Why UVA? I'm concerned with the crickets I've been hearing since early December.


with your app :-/

serious answer: the best time to send it is with your application
i think there are mixed opinions on how it's received if you send it after you've sent your application
and then the second "appropriate" time is as a LOCI when/if you are waitlisted
Last edited by barrelofmonkeys on Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
chneyo
Posts: 410
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:46 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby chneyo » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:28 pm

...
Last edited by chneyo on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
vivala
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:34 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby vivala » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:30 pm

Now I know that... :oops:

User avatar
Lightworks
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:15 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Lightworks » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:27 pm

JD1776 wrote:
Thiggs wrote:Until very recently I had no idea that softball was big at UVA, maybe I should have done a better job playing up the fact that I played baseball in college.


I also didn't know this until after I applied, but I happened to include references to playing baseball in college and being a softball captain in my application.


lol, I played up the fact that I was club basketball captain for Columbia. In case they want the Dean's Cup just that much.

User avatar
cron1834
Posts: 1921
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:36 am

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby cron1834 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:40 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
vivala wrote:When is an appropriate time to send in a Why UVA? I'm concerned with the crickets I've been hearing since early December.


with your app :-/

serious answer: the best time to send it is with your application
i think there are mixed opinions on how it's received if you send it after you've sent your application
and then the second "appropriate" time is as a LOCI when/if you are waitlisted


This answer should probably be copied & pasted into like 20 different threads right about now.

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby yossarian » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:38 pm

Ding. Below GPA 25. 25<LSAT<50. Complete 1/7. Good luck to all alive.

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby JustHawkin » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:40 pm

WL :(

User avatar
blink
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:14 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby blink » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:47 pm

JustHawkin wrote:WL :(

User avatar
JD1776
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:08 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby JD1776 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:50 pm

yossarian71 wrote:Ding. Below GPA 25. 25<LSAT<50. Complete 1/7. Good luck to all alive.


Eek. I went complete just after you with numbers in roughly the same ballpark.

BerkeleyMan5
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 1:33 am

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BerkeleyMan5 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:53 pm

.
Last edited by BerkeleyMan5 on Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gungnir
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Gungnir » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:53 pm

Waitlisted. 174/3.2, complete 12/12.

User avatar
Ren
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:42 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Ren » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:54 pm

Gungnir wrote:Waitlisted. 174/3.2, complete 12/12.


So sorry to hear this! Are these emails that are going out or did you find out via status checker? I went complete on or around the same date...

User avatar
Vexed
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:55 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Vexed » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:58 pm

Just happy to be alive today. :shock:

User avatar
JD1776
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:08 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby JD1776 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:58 pm

Last year, if I remember correctly, UVA filled a substantial portion of their class from the WL. I hope it happens again for those of you who are on the list now.

User avatar
Gungnir
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Gungnir » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:58 pm

Ren wrote:
Gungnir wrote:Waitlisted. 174/3.2, complete 12/12.


So sorry to hear this! Are these emails that are going out or did you find out via status checker? I went complete on or around the same date...


Got the email about 20 minutes ago. Thanks and good luck to you!

User avatar
UCLAHopeful2014
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:42 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby UCLAHopeful2014 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:06 pm

Today seems like a day they are responding...

IN below median LSAT and above 75% GPA. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Interview was very laid back.

User avatar
rigoding
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:45 am

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby rigoding » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:08 pm

Waitlisted. 3.5 173. Complete 12/5. No interview

Having a really bad cycle. Not a single t-14 acceptance yet...

bpc2110
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:57 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bpc2110 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:31 pm

WL. 167/3.56




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”