Post removed.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NoDayButToday
Posts: 1032
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby NoDayButToday » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:42 pm

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Vexed
Posts: 262
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:55 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Vexed » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:28 am

Finally 12/31. What's up with the status checker? It has basically no information on it.

User avatar
BmoreOrLess
Posts: 2085
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BmoreOrLess » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:59 am

Pishee77 wrote:Did anyone apply mid-November and get a response?


Yup, waitlisted today.

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Fiero85 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:04 am

BmoreOrLess wrote:
Pishee77 wrote:Did anyone apply mid-November and get a response?


Yup, waitlisted today.

User avatar
Gary
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 8:47 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Gary » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:06 am

What's the consensus on updating a school with a new LSAT score if I'm already under review? Should I just send a brief e-mail to the admissions office informing them about the new score?

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby RCO2012 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:41 am

Gary wrote:What's the consensus on updating a school with a new LSAT score if I'm already under review? Should I just send a brief e-mail to the admissions office informing them about the new score?


If it's a decent increase, add an addendum in Word format and make sure they receive the new score. Send it a to the admissions email.

User avatar
BmoreOrLess
Posts: 2085
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BmoreOrLess » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:07 pm

RCO, I didn't include a "Why UVA" essay in my app strategically since I figured my only chance of getting in would be off the waitlist so I wanted to save it for now, but I have a question on timing. Do you think it matters if I send it now or would it be OK to wait a month? I'm up for a promotion that I won't hear about until later in the month that I will definitely will want to update them with (pretty sure my WE is the only reason I got waitlisted). Am I better off sending that update and the why UVA at the same time or should I get the essay out now and update them again later?

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby RCO2012 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:32 pm

BmoreOrLess wrote:RCO, I didn't include a "Why UVA" essay in my app strategically since I figured my only chance of getting in would be off the waitlist so I wanted to save it for now, but I have a question on timing. Do you think it matters if I send it now or would it be OK to wait a month? I'm up for a promotion that I won't hear about until later in the month that I will definitely will want to update them with (pretty sure my WE is the only reason I got waitlisted). Am I better off sending that update and the why UVA at the same time or should I get the essay out now and update them again later?


I think the same time. You may only get the chance to have your application reviewed once more after being put the WL, so the more positive information they have to review, the better! Supplement the submission with a LOCI. Good luck!

User avatar
georgej
Posts: 2383
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:55 am

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby georgej » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:03 pm

App submitted last night, thus checking into this thread. UVA is a big reach for me as a super-splitter, but I'm hoping the drop in apps overall will somehow give me a shot. Good luck to you all.

User avatar
BmoreOrLess
Posts: 2085
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BmoreOrLess » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:04 pm

RCO2012 wrote:
BmoreOrLess wrote:RCO, I didn't include a "Why UVA" essay in my app strategically since I figured my only chance of getting in would be off the waitlist so I wanted to save it for now, but I have a question on timing. Do you think it matters if I send it now or would it be OK to wait a month? I'm up for a promotion that I won't hear about until later in the month that I will definitely will want to update them with (pretty sure my WE is the only reason I got waitlisted). Am I better off sending that update and the why UVA at the same time or should I get the essay out now and update them again later?


I think the same time. You may only get the chance to have your application reviewed once more after being put the WL, so the more positive information they have to review, the better! Supplement the submission with a LOCI. Good luck!


Awesome, thanks!

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby thechancellor » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:49 pm

I had my interview today, and it seemed like it went well! Fingers crossed for good news soon. JD made it sound like I could expect a response pretty quickly, but what does people's actual experience with this look like?

User avatar
Gooner91
Posts: 1376
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:34 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Gooner91 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:52 pm

alex.cm wrote:I had my interview today, and it seemed like it went well! Fingers crossed for good news soon. JD made it sound like I could expect a response pretty quickly, but what does people's actual experience with this look like?


I heard back the next day after my interview, it was not with JD though.

User avatar
coolbean2013
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby coolbean2013 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:21 pm

Checking in!

adambl
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:04 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby adambl » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:45 pm

Just sent my application! UVA is probably my reach school and a bit of a long shot.

User avatar
mylifeis24
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:23 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby mylifeis24 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:47 pm

Applied in very early November, RD. Not a peep yet. Anxious!

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby phillywc » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:50 pm

alex.cm wrote:I had my interview today, and it seemed like it went well! Fingers crossed for good news soon. JD made it sound like I could expect a response pretty quickly, but what does people's actual experience with this look like?

Tentative congrats. I'm jealous!

User avatar
emmybee
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby emmybee » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:12 pm

mylifeis24 wrote:Applied in very early November, RD. Not a peep yet. Anxious!


Me too! 2 months without a peep.

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby RCO2012 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:36 pm

Your peeps will come. No worries!

User avatar
emmybee
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby emmybee » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:49 pm

RCO2012 wrote:Your peeps will come. No worries!


Hehe, I just hope the peep doesn't come in the form of a waitlist!

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1754
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby JustHawkin » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:53 pm

emmybee wrote:
mylifeis24 wrote:Applied in very early November, RD. Not a peep yet. Anxious!


Me too! 2 months without a peep.

Seeing this makes me so nervous about submitting with a Dec score :(
It's going to be a long winter...

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby phillywc » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:19 pm

Moped for a day, back to the grind. Let's get working on this LOCI!

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby RCO2012 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:39 pm

phillywc wrote:Moped for a day, back to the grind. Let's get working on this LOCI!


That a boy!

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:30 pm

RCO2012 wrote:
phillywc wrote:Moped for a day, back to the grind. Let's get working on this LOCI!


Attaboy!

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby RCO2012 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:32 am

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
RCO2012 wrote:
phillywc wrote:Moped for a day, back to the grind. Let's get working on this LOCI!


Attaboy!


Ftfm

User avatar
sl5uw13
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:43 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby sl5uw13 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:58 pm

For what it's worth, I was waitlisted January 2013, last year, and that was sad. I was below both medians. However, I retook June (3rd try) and got a 173. I emailed Uva in July with my new score and within hours I was offered admission and a scholarship. So a waitlist isn't a death knell.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: flowering, legallyadog, potatoes, stewhan, taxman14 and 16 guests