Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Typhoon24
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:09 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Typhoon24 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:12 pm

In via email. Congrats to the others that got in and good luck to everyone else.

Had one update (11/21) since going complete mid October.

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby applelover » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:35 pm

Still no word on Cornell maybe they dinged me.

thestatusguo
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:06 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby thestatusguo » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:38 pm

Is there any rhyme/reason to the status checker updates? I had one on 11/18, one today (11/22); submitted 10/7 with my June LSAT originally but was on hold for October LSAT; went complete 11/1. Do the updates seem to mean anything or are they pretty meaningless?

Congrats to all :)

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby gbelle » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:46 pm

thestatusguo wrote:Is there any rhyme/reason to the status checker updates? I had one on 11/18, one today (11/22); submitted 10/7 with my June LSAT originally but was on hold for October LSAT; went complete 11/1. Do the updates seem to mean anything or are they pretty meaningless?

Congrats to all :)


No. Mine updated twice in the last two days. I haven't the slightest clue what's up. Just watching old episodes of revenge with my dog to distract myself

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby applelover » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:14 pm

Typhoon24 wrote:In via email. Congrats to the others that got in and good luck to everyone else.

Had one update (11/21) since going complete mid October.


Congrats! Do you remember when exactly you went complete?

User avatar
Typhoon24
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:09 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Typhoon24 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:19 pm

applelover wrote:
Typhoon24 wrote:In via email. Congrats to the others that got in and good luck to everyone else.

Had one update (11/21) since going complete mid October.


Congrats! Do you remember when exactly you went complete?


Thanks! 10/14/13.

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby applelover » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:21 pm

Typhoon24 wrote:
applelover wrote:
Typhoon24 wrote:In via email. Congrats to the others that got in and good luck to everyone else.

Had one update (11/21) since going complete mid October.


Congrats! Do you remember when exactly you went complete?


Thanks! 10/14/13.

Thank you!

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Mojosodope » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:23 pm

gbelle wrote:
thestatusguo wrote:Is there any rhyme/reason to the status checker updates? I had one on 11/18, one today (11/22); submitted 10/7 with my June LSAT originally but was on hold for October LSAT; went complete 11/1. Do the updates seem to mean anything or are they pretty meaningless?

Congrats to all :)


No. Mine updated twice in the last two days. I haven't the slightest clue what's up. Just watching old episodes of revenge with my dog to distract myself


Mine updated twice as well...kind of disappointed

User avatar
okok
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:07 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby okok » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:27 pm

gbelle wrote:
thestatusguo wrote:Is there any rhyme/reason to the status checker updates? I had one on 11/18, one today (11/22); submitted 10/7 with my June LSAT originally but was on hold for October LSAT; went complete 11/1. Do the updates seem to mean anything or are they pretty meaningless?

Congrats to all :)


No. Mine updated twice in the last two days. I haven't the slightest clue what's up. Just watching old episodes of revenge with my dog to distract myself

same here
three times in the last four

User avatar
illyria
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:26 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby illyria » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:05 am

Apologies if this has been asked before, but how long does it take to go complete from submission?
I submitted two weeks ago but my status still says 'verifying materials for completion.'
Should I contact the admission office?

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby mx23250 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:06 am

illyria wrote:Apologies if this has been asked before, but how long does it take to go complete from submission?
I submitted two weeks ago but my status still says 'verifying materials for completion.'
Should I contact the admission office?


Mine just went complete last friday and it took around 3 weeks to go from submission to complete.

User avatar
illyria
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:26 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby illyria » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:23 am

mx23250 wrote:
illyria wrote:Apologies if this has been asked before, but how long does it take to go complete from submission?
I submitted two weeks ago but my status still says 'verifying materials for completion.'
Should I contact the admission office?


Mine just went complete last friday and it took around 3 weeks to go from submission to complete.


Thanks, I suppose I don't need to be worried yet.

HYSenberg
Posts: 265
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:10 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby HYSenberg » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:31 am

Pretty normal I think. Mine took 15 days or so.

noobishned
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby noobishned » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:33 am

Mine took 4 weeks. I was getting really worried, but then I decided to wait it out.

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby phillywc » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:36 am

Mine took two cycles to go complete, so I wouldn't worry too much.

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:57 am

phillywc wrote:Mine took two cycles to go complete, so I wouldn't worry too much.


i applied to cornell in september 2007...should i be worried that they haven't acknowledged receipt of my app yet?

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby neprep » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:02 am

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
phillywc wrote:Mine took two cycles to go complete, so I wouldn't worry too much.


i applied to cornell in september 2007...should i be worried that they haven't acknowledged receipt of my app yet?


:lol: :lol:

orangemochafrapp
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:09 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby orangemochafrapp » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:52 am

Anyone rejected or otherwise not accepted?

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby neprep » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:42 pm

Just received the hard copy of Cornell's viewbook. What a beaut.

User avatar
bombaysippin
Posts: 1977
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:11 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby bombaysippin » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:58 pm

neprep wrote:Just received the hard copy of Cornell's viewbook. What a beaut.


It's definitely one of the nicer ones (if not nicest).

Got a question about the status checker. Does it list your updates or does everyone just remember what it used to say before it updates to something new?

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby gbelle » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:12 pm

Bajam wrote:
neprep wrote:Just received the hard copy of Cornell's viewbook. What a beaut.


It's definitely one of the nicer ones (if not nicest).

Got a question about the status checker. Does it list your updates or does everyone just remember what it used to say before it updates to something new?


We're just remembering. We are capable of doing so because we're clearly all type A.

User avatar
hephaestus
Posts: 2385
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:21 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby hephaestus » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:45 pm

neprep wrote:Just received the hard copy of Cornell's viewbook. What a beaut.

I don't know if the viewbook has any pictures of it but the brand new addition to the law school is set to open this spring, and it's looking pretty great. As a plus, you also will not have to contend with constant construction noise in the library like we did during 1L.

User avatar
bombaysippin
Posts: 1977
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:11 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby bombaysippin » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:36 pm

gbelle wrote:
Bajam wrote:
neprep wrote:Just received the hard copy of Cornell's viewbook. What a beaut.


It's definitely one of the nicer ones (if not nicest).

Got a question about the status checker. Does it list your updates or does everyone just remember what it used to say before it updates to something new?


We're just remembering. We are capable of doing so because we're clearly all type A.


Haha...Okay well then I guess I will make my own word doc because I have a terrible memory.

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby phillywc » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:18 pm

I had give up hope on Cornell but my complete date changed from the 11th to the 22nd.

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby gbelle » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:19 pm

phillywc wrote:I had give up hope on Cornell but my complete date changed from the 11th to the 22nd.


samesies
maybe tomorrow will be the day?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests