Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
foreverhoping
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:23 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby foreverhoping » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:32 am

ZGr88n wrote:Still at Mid-Jan original complete, must be my dashing good looks that are tripping them up. :wink:


same boat!

User avatar
Hitchensian
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:34 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Hitchensian » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:59 am

A new complete date today. Hoping they might be trying to roll out some admits in advance of the their upcoming ASW on April 10-11. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Hitchensian
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:34 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Hitchensian » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:22 pm

One waitlist reported on LSN. Looks like some decisions are rolling out today.

yost
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:58 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby yost » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:33 pm

I also had a new complete today. Here's to hoping.

yost
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:58 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby yost » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:44 pm

Are decisions posted in the status checker or just via email?

User avatar
mt2165
Posts: 508
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:58 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby mt2165 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:48 pm

yost wrote:Are decisions posted in the status checker or just via email?


Ik if you're in the status checker makes it rather apparent

User avatar
earthcat
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:57 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby earthcat » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:23 pm

New complete date as well...... (1/28 submit, 2/24, 3/26, 4/2)......

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby wealtheow » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:32 pm

date change here as well. and i regained my "or sooner," which disappeared last week.

User avatar
luuma
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:04 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby luuma » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:37 pm

Saaaame here... 1/15 submit. 2/14 complete. 3/24 complete. 4/4 complete. I'm ready for this. *straps on seat belt and helmet*

User avatar
Hitchensian
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:34 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Hitchensian » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:06 am

Another new complete today! Definitely thinking a decision today or tomorrow.

lakers180
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:11 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby lakers180 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:10 am

for those that did interviews how have they been about getting a response within that one week time frame?

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby wealtheow » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:17 am

no update for me. guess i'm just chopped liver. bawwwwww

eta: spoke too soon, it just updated. looks like dey gearing up for some decisions!

User avatar
samoby
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 12:44 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby samoby » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:31 am

lakers180 wrote:for those that did interviews how have they been about getting a response within that one week time frame?


I got my response 3 days after my interview, but I believe I've read that some people had to wait a little more than a week (8 or 9 days).

User avatar
earthcat
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:57 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby earthcat » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:59 am

New update today too

yost
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:58 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby yost » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:10 am

Also had an update.

lwschool2014
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:14 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby lwschool2014 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:53 am

What's the difference btwn "on reserve" and on the waitlist? I've been trying to find out since Monday and can't figure it out.

Which is better?

janetdoe
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:13 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby janetdoe » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:15 pm

Ughhh wtf. Took 55 days to go complete, and I'm still not in review yet :s It has now been 1/2 a month since those 55 days. Cries.

User avatar
luuma
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:04 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby luuma » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:26 pm

Fourth complete today.
2/14
3/24
4/2
4/3

What's the general consensus on 4 of these? Dingaling? WL? I see alot of the admits had about 3. Might be overanalyzing the crap out of this. :shock:

User avatar
kitkat288
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:43 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby kitkat288 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:30 pm

No new update :/

User avatar
krispymenudo
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:59 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby krispymenudo » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:36 pm

kitkat288 wrote:No new update :/


+1
Still sitting on 1/29 first complete :/

krnpridejk
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby krnpridejk » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:39 pm

janetdoe wrote:Ughhh wtf. Took 55 days to go complete, and I'm still not in review yet :s It has now been 1/2 a month since those 55 days. Cries.


I totally feel your pain. It took me a long time for mine to go through as well..I submitted my application near the end of Dec, and it didn't go complete until 2/3. The status has updated date afterwards 2 or 3 times before finally getting admitted near the end of March...
It can take a while~ I heard another person applied before Nov, but didn't get in until end of March as well. Be patient, the sense I'm getting is, LONG Wait-Time isn't necessarily a bad news, and is certainly better than a prompt ding (in my case, Boalt Hall...the quickest ding-decision ever! ;;) Lol. Keep your hopes up! Good luck~! ;)

User avatar
Hitchensian
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:34 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Hitchensian » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:45 pm

luuma wrote:Fourth complete today.
2/14
3/24
4/2
4/3

What's the general consensus on 4 of these? Dingaling? WL? I see alot of the admits had about 3. Might be overanalyzing the crap out of this. :shock:


I don't know what to think, but I believe the most I've seen is 5 complete dates.

janetdoe
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:13 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby janetdoe » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:23 pm

krnpridejk wrote:
janetdoe wrote:Ughhh wtf. Took 55 days to go complete, and I'm still not in review yet :s It has now been 1/2 a month since those 55 days. Cries.


I totally feel your pain. It took me a long time for mine to go through as well..I submitted my application near the end of Dec, and it didn't go complete until 2/3. The status has updated date afterwards 2 or 3 times before finally getting admitted near the end of March...
It can take a while~ I heard another person applied before Nov, but didn't get in until end of March as well. Be patient, the sense I'm getting is, LONG Wait-Time isn't necessarily a bad news, and is certainly better than a prompt ding (in my case, Boalt Hall...the quickest ding-decision ever! ;;) Lol. Keep your hopes up! Good luck~! ;)


x___x

thank you for this cute message, which lifted my spirits. i'm just worried they won't look at my file*... it's like... april X__X
as for Berk, i was rejected within 3 wks, but it was a like a bandaid- ripped off so fast, i didn't feel the pain. haha.
thanks again for the nice message :mrgreen:

**edit = lolll, i typed rifle instead of file. bahaha

Charro
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:46 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Charro » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:53 pm

I apologize if this has been asked before, but are there cases of admits without a change in the initial complete date? My initial complete was 2/24 and no movement since then...

janetdoe
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:13 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby janetdoe » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:14 pm

Charro wrote:I apologize if this has been asked before, but are there cases of admits without a change in the initial complete date? My initial complete was 2/24 and no movement since then...


I'm not sure about at Cornell specifically, but this has happened to me at other schools. It may be because that app went out late in the cycle/they paid less attention to status checkers.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”