Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Otunga » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:58 pm

Leo wrote:Date change here, too. Interview last week.


Care to share your stats?

...I sent in a Why Cornell to the admissions office. For anybody that is interested in doing the same, they took it and added it to my admissions file.

User avatar
vivala
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:34 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby vivala » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:42 pm

Maybe I'm being neurotic here, but does everyone else's status checker just say "by mid-to-late April" at the top? I thought I remember seeing "or sooner" before...? Stuck at Complete 2 1/31.

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Otunga » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:46 pm

vivala wrote:Maybe I'm being neurotic here, but does everyone else's status checker just say "by mid-to-late April" at the top? I thought I remember seeing "or sooner" before...? Stuck at Complete 2 1/31.


Yes it does and it says the 'or sooner' thing. I'm complete #1 around that date. Perhaps your checker isn't working right.

User avatar
vivala
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:34 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby vivala » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:15 pm

Otunga wrote:
vivala wrote:Maybe I'm being neurotic here, but does everyone else's status checker just say "by mid-to-late April" at the top? I thought I remember seeing "or sooner" before...? Stuck at Complete 2 1/31.


Yes it does and it says the 'or sooner' thing. I'm complete #1 around that date. Perhaps your checker isn't working right.


It's been like that since I got the 2nd complete date...maybe they're really going to make me wait that long :(

Has this happened to anyone else?

User avatar
Quan292
Posts: 283
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 2:03 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Quan292 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:58 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:Another date change... Complete 1/21, 2/4, 2/11


Similar changes. 1/17- 2/4- 2/11

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby applelover » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:23 pm

Decisions are coming today. I'm calling it..

User avatar
Leo
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:58 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Leo » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:34 pm

In! Interview last week and status update yesterday. PM for stats.

User avatar
samoby
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 12:44 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby samoby » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:36 pm

Leo wrote:In! Interview last week and status update yesterday. PM for stats.


Congratulations!

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Lavitz » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:00 pm

applelover wrote:Decisions are coming today. I'm calling it..

9 minutes later:
Leo wrote:In! Interview last week and status update yesterday. PM for stats.

:lol:

And congrats! :)

User avatar
angels2fly
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby angels2fly » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:05 pm

First complete 1/28, second 2/11...

Anyone else with me? How soon can I expect a decision?

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby applelover » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:27 pm

In as well!!!
And lavitz, I must confess, I saw that someone had already heard back today, so it wasn't really a prediction.

User avatar
anyriotgirl
Posts: 7529
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:54 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby anyriotgirl » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:31 pm

angels2fly wrote:First complete 1/28, second 2/11...

Anyone else with me? How soon can I expect a decision?


Mine were 1/23 and 2/6. Based on last year (via LSN), probably early March :/

User avatar
SupCutie
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:27 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby SupCutie » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:05 pm

Grats people.

User avatar
Vexed
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:55 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Vexed » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:31 pm

Went 2nd complete within the past hour. 1st on 2/4.

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby yossarian » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:55 pm

Complete 2/12 from 1/29

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Otunga » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:03 pm

1st complete at 1/29. No 2nd.

User avatar
Lightworks
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:15 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Lightworks » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:15 pm

2nd Complete today, from 1/30

Come on Cornell, let's see some love for your fellow Upstaters.

User avatar
Vexed
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:55 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Vexed » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:32 pm

vivala wrote:
Otunga wrote:
vivala wrote:Maybe I'm being neurotic here, but does everyone else's status checker just say "by mid-to-late April" at the top? I thought I remember seeing "or sooner" before...? Stuck at Complete 2 1/31.


Yes it does and it says the 'or sooner' thing. I'm complete #1 around that date. Perhaps your checker isn't working right.


It's been like that since I got the 2nd complete date...maybe they're really going to make me wait that long :(

Has this happened to anyone else?


Just noticed mine dropped the "Or Sooner" when I went UR2... :?

User avatar
vivala
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:34 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby vivala » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:19 pm

Vexed wrote:
vivala wrote:
Otunga wrote:
vivala wrote:Maybe I'm being neurotic here, but does everyone else's status checker just say "by mid-to-late April" at the top? I thought I remember seeing "or sooner" before...? Stuck at Complete 2 1/31.


Yes it does and it says the 'or sooner' thing. I'm complete #1 around that date. Perhaps your checker isn't working right.


It's been like that since I got the 2nd complete date...maybe they're really going to make me wait that long :(

Has this happened to anyone else?


Just noticed mine dropped the "Or Sooner" when I went UR2... :?


This is strange...I'm glad I'm not the only one. :?:

kobe1020
Posts: 419
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:43 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby kobe1020 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:29 pm

Vexed wrote:
vivala wrote:
Otunga wrote:
vivala wrote:Maybe I'm being neurotic here, but does everyone else's status checker just say "by mid-to-late April" at the top? I thought I remember seeing "or sooner" before...? Stuck at Complete 2 1/31.


Yes it does and it says the 'or sooner' thing. I'm complete #1 around that date. Perhaps your checker isn't working right.


It's been like that since I got the 2nd complete date...maybe they're really going to make me wait that long :(

Has this happened to anyone else?


Just noticed mine dropped the "Or Sooner" when I went UR2... :?


so basically they are holding off the decision release until Mid-April..?

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby yossarian » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:41 pm

kobe1020 wrote:so basically they are holding off the decision release until Mid-April..?


I would bet some of us will hear sooner. If they know they want someone, it doesn't help Cornell to sit on it. However, I would imagine anyone who submitted late and is in this UR2 late Jan/early Feb situation that is not an auto admit or deny will have to wait until mid-April.

User avatar
vivala
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:34 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby vivala » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:47 pm

I'm just curious to see if all UR2s have the "or sooner" taken away.

User avatar
Serett
Posts: 8843
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Serett » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:17 am

Are we counting the initial Complete as UR1 and the next update as UR2? If so, my UR2 on 02/04 still says "or sooner."

User avatar
vivala
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:34 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby vivala » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:55 am

Serett wrote:Are we counting the initial Complete as UR1 and the next update as UR2? If so, my UR2 on 02/04 still says "or sooner."


Yeah, sorry. I get confused with the Complete vs. UR! This is really strange, then. My numbers are about the 75ths but definitely not YP territory.

User avatar
milkandcheerios
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby milkandcheerios » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:13 am

date change yesterday! First complete was 2/7. How many date changes before decisions? I hope Cornell doesn't really plan to drag this all out until april :(




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ajoelles, Google [Bot] and 9 guests