Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby 052220151 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:09 pm

patfeeney wrote:
Austinbound wrote:
deputydog wrote:Thanks for the write up anyriotgirl, as a west coast dude I'm worried about Mexican food. Is there good Mexican food there

Eta- that isn't the organic place or potle



This is a need to know question. SOMEONE TELL US ABOUT THE MEXICAN FOOD


The organic food is the best Mexican food. The smothered burrito is heaven.


This is truly depressing.

Thanks for the guide though dude, it seems on point

orangemochafrapp
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:09 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby orangemochafrapp » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:12 pm

I should mention we have a few local gems: The piggery- each week they get like 3 pigs and distribute the meat first come first serve. awesome quality. Ithaca Bakery-excellent fresh made bread and cookies. They also have decent paninis. Gimme coffee has amazing caramel lattes (and they were also Food and Wine's #2 pick for a coffee bar in 2011). We have a drive through Panera-convenient for grabbing soup in the cold. Saigon Kitchen-good enough pho


Things Ithaca does not have: pizza (just regular cheap delivery stuff), sushi, mexican food, Italian food (we have this place called ZaZa's, but its overpriced and poor quality), French food of any kind, ramen, shabu shabu :( No food from eastern Europe, no Indian Food,

Im not a hater, I just was shocked when I moved here from Los Angeles and my food world was crushed

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby wealtheow » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:14 pm

orangemochafrapp wrote:I should mention we have a few local gems: The piggery- each week they get like 3 pigs and distribute the meat first come first serve. awesome quality. Ithaca Bakery-excellent fresh made bread and cookies. They also have decent paninis. Gimme coffee has amazing caramel lattes (and they were also Food and Wine's #2 pick for a coffee bar in 2011). We have a drive through Panera-convenient for grabbing soup in the cold. Saigon Kitchen-good enough pho


Things Ithaca does not have: pizza (just regular cheap delivery stuff), sushi, mexican food, Italian food (we have this place called ZaZa's, but its overpriced and poor quality), French food of any kind, ramen, shabu shabu :( No food from eastern Europe, no Indian Food,

Im not a hater, I just was shocked when I moved here from Los Angeles and my food world was crushed



:(

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby 052220151 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:16 pm

wealtheow wrote:
orangemochafrapp wrote:I should mention we have a few local gems: The piggery- each week they get like 3 pigs and distribute the meat first come first serve. awesome quality. Ithaca Bakery-excellent fresh made bread and cookies. They also have decent paninis. Gimme coffee has amazing caramel lattes (and they were also Food and Wine's #2 pick for a coffee bar in 2011). We have a drive through Panera-convenient for grabbing soup in the cold. Saigon Kitchen-good enough pho


Things Ithaca does not have: pizza (just regular cheap delivery stuff), sushi, mexican food, Italian food (we have this place called ZaZa's, but its overpriced and poor quality), French food of any kind, ramen, shabu shabu :( No food from eastern Europe, no Indian Food,

Im not a hater, I just was shocked when I moved here from Los Angeles and my food world was crushed



:(


Cornell is currently having an unmitigated pr disaster. Someone at least tell me that they have cold beer...

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Lavitz » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:19 pm

deputydog wrote:Someone at least tell me that they have cold beer...

I can vouch for this part.

User avatar
anyriotgirl
Posts: 7529
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:54 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby anyriotgirl » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:22 pm

deputydog wrote:
wealtheow wrote:
orangemochafrapp wrote:I should mention we have a few local gems: The piggery- each week they get like 3 pigs and distribute the meat first come first serve. awesome quality. Ithaca Bakery-excellent fresh made bread and cookies. They also have decent paninis. Gimme coffee has amazing caramel lattes (and they were also Food and Wine's #2 pick for a coffee bar in 2011). We have a drive through Panera-convenient for grabbing soup in the cold. Saigon Kitchen-good enough pho


Things Ithaca does not have: pizza (just regular cheap delivery stuff), sushi, mexican food, Italian food (we have this place called ZaZa's, but its overpriced and poor quality), French food of any kind, ramen, shabu shabu :( No food from eastern Europe, no Indian Food,

Im not a hater, I just was shocked when I moved here from Los Angeles and my food world was crushed



:(


Cornell is currently having an unmitigated pr disaster. Someone at least tell me that they have cold beer...


Whoa, whoa whoa there is Indian food. There are two places on Eddy St. alone. I used to eat at Mehak, it was good. The name of the other place escapes me right now. There is also a small Indian grocery store. Watch out for the lady cashier bitch will try to short change your wasted ass.

orangemochafrapp
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:09 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby orangemochafrapp » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:23 pm

Lavitz wrote:
deputydog wrote:Someone at least tell me that they have cold beer...

I can vouch for this part.

Haha, yes, they have cold beer. And they even have acceptable local beers. But dont let them sell you their Finger Lakes Wine. They think they are a wine region...

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby 052220151 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:23 pm

Lavitz wrote:
deputydog wrote:Someone at least tell me that they have cold beer...

I can vouch for this part.


Whew!! With no Mexican and Indian food i was worried I might get into shape. At least I know I can count on cold beer!

User avatar
Zaffy
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:53 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Zaffy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:24 pm

complete mid November
UR1 1/30
UR2 2/4


now back to checking my email. ..

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Post removed.

Postby vicpin5190 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:28 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by vicpin5190 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Lavitz » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:33 pm

anyriotgirl wrote:Whoa, whoa whoa there is Indian food. There are two places on Eddy St. alone. I used to eat at Mehak, it was good. The name of the other place escapes me right now. There is also a small Indian grocery store. Watch out for the lady cashier bitch will try to short change your wasted ass.

Yeah, there are definitely two Indian places, although I've never been there.

The Mexican food isn't going to be as good as the West Coast. The pizza isn't going to be (anywhere near) as good as NYC. But there's stuff to eat. I usually just cook though.

Someone also did a quick review of collegetown places in our c/o 2016 thread.

User avatar
MnM22
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby MnM22 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:34 pm

Zaffy wrote:complete mid November
UR1 1/30
UR2 2/4


now back to checking my email. ..


You think they are waiting to do a wave (of admittances, I hope)?

User avatar
bound
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby bound » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:36 pm

Officially a month in of having my materials verified. I had no idea I was so interesting.

User avatar
anyriotgirl
Posts: 7529
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:54 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby anyriotgirl » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:44 pm

Lavitz wrote:
anyriotgirl wrote:Whoa, whoa whoa there is Indian food. There are two places on Eddy St. alone. I used to eat at Mehak, it was good. The name of the other place escapes me right now. There is also a small Indian grocery store. Watch out for the lady cashier bitch will try to short change your wasted ass.

Yeah, there are definitely two Indian places, although I've never been there.

The Mexican food isn't going to be as good as the West Coast. The pizza isn't going to be (anywhere near) as good as NYC. But there's stuff to eat. I usually just cook though.

Someone also did a quick review of collegetown places in our c/o 2016 thread.


That's solid. A few wrong opinions, and an egregious failure to mention Stella's burger happy hour, but solid. I can't believe no one is talking about Wings Over Ithaca. I can't believe I forgot until just now. 180 boneless wings, super fast delivery SO GOOD my roommate and I still talk about this place regularly 18 months out of college.

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Lavitz » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:51 pm

anyriotgirl wrote:That's solid. A few wrong opinions, and an egregious failure to mention Stella's burger happy hour, but solid. I can't believe no one is talking about Wings Over Ithaca. I can't believe I forgot until just now. 180 boneless wings, super fast delivery SO GOOD my roommate and I still talk about this place regularly 18 months out of college.

<3 Wings Over.

Worth noting that sometimes they'll be catered at law school or Hughes events.

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby JustHawkin » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:53 pm

Lavitz wrote:<3 Wings Over.

Worth noting that sometimes they'll be catered at law school or Hughes events.

Dat Kickin' Bar-B-Q
<3

orangemochafrapp
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:09 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby orangemochafrapp » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:06 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
Lavitz wrote:<3 Wings Over.

Worth noting that sometimes they'll be catered at law school or Hughes events.

Dat Kickin' Bar-B-Q
<3


A BBQ Place called Fat Jacks just went in. Fattening but delish

User avatar
Hitchensian
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:34 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Hitchensian » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:23 pm

Austinbound wrote:Officially a month in of having my materials verified. I had no idea I was so interesting.


Ha - I'm at 2 weeks of Verifying and I thought that was bad. I'll stop complaining!

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby 052220151 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:42 pm

Lavitz wrote:
anyriotgirl wrote:That's solid. A few wrong opinions, and an egregious failure to mention Stella's burger happy hour, but solid. I can't believe no one is talking about Wings Over Ithaca. I can't believe I forgot until just now. 180 boneless wings, super fast delivery SO GOOD my roommate and I still talk about this place regularly 18 months out of college.

<3 Wings Over.

Worth noting that sometimes they'll be catered at law school or Hughes events.


This is promising news, I bet y'all do wings pretty well.

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby JustHawkin » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:45 pm

deputydog wrote:This is promising news, I bet y'all do wings pretty well.

There was a "Wings Over" at my school. They aren't THE best, to die for, kind of wings. But for Saturday night/Sunday football, they hit the spot.

User avatar
Serett
Posts: 8843
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Serett » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:55 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
deputydog wrote:This is promising news, I bet y'all do wings pretty well.

There was a "Wings Over" at my school. They aren't THE best, to die for, kind of wings. But for Saturday night/Sunday football, they hit the spot.


Plus they have BBQ ribs :D

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Fat Kids (2013-2014)

Postby JustHawkin » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:20 pm

Serett wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:
deputydog wrote:This is promising news, I bet y'all do wings pretty well.

There was a "Wings Over" at my school. They aren't THE best, to die for, kind of wings. But for Saturday night/Sunday football, they hit the spot.


Plus they have BBQ ribs :D

Nom nom nom.

See post subject for correctness.

:lol:

User avatar
AAJD2B
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby AAJD2B » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:29 pm

Zaffy wrote:complete mid November
UR1 1/30
UR2 2/4


now back to checking my email. ..


Jumped also to 2/4 today. UR3 I believe.

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby mandyjay11 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:42 pm

AAJD2B wrote:
Zaffy wrote:complete mid November
UR1 1/30
UR2 2/4


now back to checking my email. ..


Jumped also to 2/4 today. UR3 I believe.



I never thought I would see a date change after that long verification process. Complete 1/21, UR1 (?) 2/4

User avatar
patfeeney
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby patfeeney » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:46 pm

orangemochafrapp wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:
Lavitz wrote:<3 Wings Over.

Worth noting that sometimes they'll be catered at law school or Hughes events.

Dat Kickin' Bar-B-Q
<3


A BBQ Place called Fat Jacks just went in. Fattening but delish



There needs to be a Dinosaur Barbeque in Ithaca already. It's good enough to justify the drive to Syracuse. Delicious, saucy pork slow-cooked for eighteen hours... nothing beats it. Their potato soup is amazing too.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ginawwhan, Lawl_Schoolz, notnecessarilyproper, RictusErectus, TakeItToTrial, xnsch, Zoe107 and 16 guests