Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
krispymenudo
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:59 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby krispymenudo » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:05 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
krispymenudo wrote:whoa... I'm complete as of today


The next chapter begins. :lol:



It looks as though I'm only halfway there, too. Looking at LSN, it seems to take another month to go from Complete --> Decision D:

bostonbrewer
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:32 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby bostonbrewer » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:20 pm

krispymenudo wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
krispymenudo wrote:whoa... I'm complete as of today


The next chapter begins. :lol:



It looks as though I'm only halfway there, too. Looking at LSN, it seems to take another month to go from Complete --> Decision D:

I've been complete for almost three months with no movement. Not to crush your hopes or anything...

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Mojosodope » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:26 pm

bostonbrewer wrote:
krispymenudo wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
krispymenudo wrote:whoa... I'm complete as of today


The next chapter begins. :lol:



It looks as though I'm only halfway there, too. Looking at LSN, it seems to take another month to go from Complete --> Decision D:

I've been complete for almost three months with no movement. Not to crush your hopes or anything...


Yeah, idk about your 1 month timeline.

User avatar
krispymenudo
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:59 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby krispymenudo » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:28 pm

It looks as though I'm only halfway there, too. Looking at LSN, it seems to take another month to go from Complete --> Decision D:

I've been complete for almost three months with no movement. Not to crush your hopes or anything...


Yeah, idk about your 1 month timeline.



Yeee, in retrospect I only looked at the people who have gotten a decision... poor sampling size. :/

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby SplitMyPants » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:33 pm

My complete status just had a date change from the first date when I went complete about 2 weeks ago. Any clue what this movement may indicate?

User avatar
MnM22
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby MnM22 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:43 pm

Just received a new complete date for 1/30. :shock: and :mrgreen: Nice to see some movement. Hopefully this means something good.

Edit: I was 11/8 before this.

bostonbrewer
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:32 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby bostonbrewer » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:52 pm

MnM22 wrote:Just received a new complete date for 1/30. :shock: and :mrgreen: Nice to see some movement. Hopefully this means something good.

Edit: I was 11/8 before this.

Just checked because of this - New complete date, 1/30!

:D :( :shock:

ss88
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:32 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby ss88 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:02 pm

bostonbrewer wrote:
MnM22 wrote:Just received a new complete date for 1/30. :shock: and :mrgreen: Nice to see some movement. Hopefully this means something good.

Edit: I was 11/8 before this.

Just checked because of this - New complete date, 1/30!

:D :( :shock:



UUUGGGHH same!!! first one since 11/13....what does it all mean!?!? In the past, has this meant a decision is soon? I would love to have something to celebrate for thirsty thursday

bostonbrewer
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:32 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby bostonbrewer » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:05 pm

ss88 wrote:
bostonbrewer wrote:
MnM22 wrote:Just received a new complete date for 1/30. :shock: and :mrgreen: Nice to see some movement. Hopefully this means something good.

Edit: I was 11/8 before this.

Just checked because of this - New complete date, 1/30!

:D :( :shock:



UUUGGGHH same!!! first one since 11/13....what does it all mean!?!? In the past, has this meant a decision is soon? I would love to have something to celebrate for thirsty thursday

From a quick once-over of this thread, it looks like generally you have three complete dates before a decision, but the third one comes much quicker (looked like a week or two) than the second.

I don't know if that's a hard and fast rule but it looked like the pattern from the couple of examples I read. Any of you admits care to chime in?

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:07 pm

Nice! Just went complete after about 5 weeks.

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby mx23250 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:10 pm

lawschool22 wrote:Nice! Just went complete after about 5 weeks.


I just had my first date change since my initial complete 9 weeks ago.

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby SplitMyPants » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:10 pm

lawschool22 wrote:Nice! Just went complete after about 5 weeks.


That's fast. :lol:

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby JustHawkin » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:12 pm

C'mon Cornell,
Complete me so I can rush to LSN and enter it in. Do it. Do it.

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Otunga » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:14 pm

mx23250 wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:Nice! Just went complete after about 5 weeks.


I just had my first date change since my initial complete 9 weeks ago.


Haha. Classic.

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Post removed.

Postby vicpin5190 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:14 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by vicpin5190 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gobears!!
Posts: 2080
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:04 am

Post removed.

Postby gobears!! » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:15 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by gobears!! on Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

ss88
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:32 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby ss88 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:18 pm

can they like...let us know, soon. :( Got waitlisted at Georgetown yesterday but Cornell is my top choice...can't handle this anymore aaaaahhh

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:20 pm

.
Last edited by lawschool22 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby yossarian » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:24 pm

vicpin5190 wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:C'mon Cornell,
Complete me so I can rush to LSN and enter it in. Do it. Do it.

Image


I like this. VicSpin, since your cycle is over (in a great way), your new job is to provide .gif commentary to this thread.

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby JustHawkin » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:27 pm

yossarian71 wrote:I like this. VicSpin, since your cycle is over (in a great way), your new job is to provide strictly .gif commentary to this thread.

FTFY :lol:

Thiggs
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Thiggs » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:34 pm

Completion number 3 today. My previous dates were 12/13, 12/16, and now 1/30. Submitted mid nov.

User avatar
kirbyb
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:09 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby kirbyb » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:51 pm

I just got an email invite to apply based on my numbers but no mention of a waiver. Is it hidden or nonexistent?

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:56 pm

kirbyb wrote:I just got an email invite to apply based on my numbers but no mention of a waiver. Is it hidden or nonexistent?


Read the end of the email closely. I got one like that which didn't seem to be offering a fee waiver but at the very end they mentioned it in on sentence or something. It will be an automatic one, so if you did get it, try to submit your app and it will show up if you do have one.

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby phillywc » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:57 pm

kirbyb wrote:I just got an email invite to apply based on my numbers but no mention of a waiver. Is it hidden or nonexistent?

I got that email at the same time as a friend did. His had an extra line at the end about a waiver, mine didn't. I applied anyways (had to pay the $, no hidden) and got in, fwiw.

User avatar
admiringatticus
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby admiringatticus » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:07 pm

bostonbrewer wrote:
ss88 wrote:
bostonbrewer wrote:
MnM22 wrote:Just received a new complete date for 1/30. :shock: and :mrgreen: Nice to see some movement. Hopefully this means something good.

Edit: I was 11/8 before this.

Just checked because of this - New complete date, 1/30!

:D :( :shock:



UUUGGGHH same!!! first one since 11/13....what does it all mean!?!? In the past, has this meant a decision is soon? I would love to have something to celebrate for thirsty thursday

From a quick once-over of this thread, it looks like generally you have three complete dates before a decision, but the third one comes much quicker (looked like a week or two) than the second.

I don't know if that's a hard and fast rule but it looked like the pattern from the couple of examples I read. Any of you admits care to chime in?


I am now on my fourth complete date so you can definitely have more than three before a decision apparently.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, Google Adsense [Bot], JazzyMac, jyzhao3, nahmjun and 10 guests