Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Instinctive
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:23 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Instinctive » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:53 pm

Jessasaurus wrote:Any K-jders RDers who were asked for fall grades, when did you go complete? I went complete 12/5 but they haven't asked me for my fall grades. bad sign? good sign? neither?


I haven't been asked. RD, >75, >75

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Kimikho » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:27 am

Instinctive wrote:
Jessasaurus wrote:Any K-jders RDers who were asked for fall grades, when did you go complete? I went complete 12/5 but they haven't asked me for my fall grades. bad sign? good sign? neither?


I haven't been asked. RD, >75, >75


:shock:

how common is this practice

Instinctive
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:23 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Instinctive » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:32 am

scoobers wrote:
Instinctive wrote:
Jessasaurus wrote:Any K-jders RDers who were asked for fall grades, when did you go complete? I went complete 12/5 but they haven't asked me for my fall grades. bad sign? good sign? neither?


I haven't been asked. RD, >75, >75


:shock:

how common is this practice


I have no idea. The only way I can stay sane w/r/t Columbia is that I told myself at the start "You won't hear anything until at least January," and I am gonna stick to that like crazy.

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby applelover » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:41 am

Instinctive wrote:
scoobers wrote:
Instinctive wrote:
Jessasaurus wrote:Any K-jders RDers who were asked for fall grades, when did you go complete? I went complete 12/5 but they haven't asked me for my fall grades. bad sign? good sign? neither?


I haven't been asked. RD, >75, >75


:shock:

how common is this practice


I have no idea. The only way I can stay sane w/r/t Columbia is that I told myself at the start "You won't hear anything until at least January," and I am gonna stick to that like crazy.


I'm hoping this isn't common.

User avatar
wowhio
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby wowhio » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:41 am

Jessasaurus wrote:Any K-jders RDers who were asked for fall grades, when did you go complete? I went complete 12/5 but they haven't asked me for my fall grades. bad sign? good sign? neither?


I have not been asked yet. I think I went complete late November. I am not sure what kind of sign it is, but I'm kind of a splitter. 3.57 / 177

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby applelover » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:44 am

Maybe that means that they like my current GPA?

92653
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:36 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby 92653 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:15 am

applelover wrote:Maybe that means that they like my current GPA?


or they read TLS and know that if H likes your gpa, they really can't complain. :D

Robert_Bert
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 11:46 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Robert_Bert » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:15 am

chalamotbig wrote:first post guys! nice to actually post after reading the threads for a few months... I should have signed up a lot sooner and stopped being a lurker. quick about me: I'm an ED applicant, good GPA and solid LSAT, but nothing all that special in my opinion. softs are great and i hope work experience puts me over the edge.

anyway, question is to people who keep talking about email decisions. on the CLS site it says they're going to snail-mail out their decisions. what gives? i've been sprinting home from work to check my mailbox for the last week!


welcome! good luck! the rest of us should be finding out soon..possible today. possibly january. who knows.

goldgirl786
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:09 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby goldgirl786 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:50 am

Think they'll really make the rest of us wait till January?

(The ED folks)

orangec90
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:57 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby orangec90 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:03 pm

Robert_Bert wrote:
chalamotbig wrote:first post guys! nice to actually post after reading the threads for a few months... I should have signed up a lot sooner and stopped being a lurker. quick about me: I'm an ED applicant, good GPA and solid LSAT, but nothing all that special in my opinion. softs are great and i hope work experience puts me over the edge.

anyway, question is to people who keep talking about email decisions. on the CLS site it says they're going to snail-mail out their decisions. what gives? i've been sprinting home from work to check my mailbox for the last week!


welcome! good luck! the rest of us should be finding out soon..possible today. possibly january. who knows.


CLS emails ED decisions; snail mail for RD

Robert_Bert
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 11:46 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Robert_Bert » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:14 pm

goldgirl786 wrote:Think they'll really make the rest of us wait till January?

(The ED folks)


I hope not but it wouldn't shock me.

Robert_Bert
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 11:46 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Robert_Bert » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:32 pm

.
Last edited by Robert_Bert on Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
corporatebarbarian
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby corporatebarbarian » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:41 pm

Robert_Bert wrote:Just got the e-mail....IN! So shocked/happy/excited. Best of luck to my fellow EDers out there, I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for all of you.

Edit: numbers were slightly fudged earlier. 3.9X/169/ Ivy undergrad


Congrats! Anyone else get in this morning? Was it a mass email you suppose? Radio silence on my end.

goldgirl786
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:09 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby goldgirl786 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:44 pm

corporatebarbarian wrote:
Robert_Bert wrote:Just got the e-mail....IN! So shocked/happy/excited. Best of luck to my fellow EDers out there, I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for all of you.

Edit: numbers were slightly fudged earlier. 3.9X/169/ Ivy undergrad


Congrats! Anyone else get in this morning? Was it a mass email you suppose? Radio silence on my end.


Congrats buddy, I know you've been waiting a long time lol. And nope nothing on my end either. Chirp chirp

User avatar
corporatebarbarian
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby corporatebarbarian » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:46 pm

goldgirl786 wrote:
corporatebarbarian wrote:
Robert_Bert wrote:Just got the e-mail....IN! So shocked/happy/excited. Best of luck to my fellow EDers out there, I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for all of you.

Edit: numbers were slightly fudged earlier. 3.9X/169/ Ivy undergrad


Congrats! Anyone else get in this morning? Was it a mass email you suppose? Radio silence on my end.


Congrats buddy, I know you've been waiting a long time lol. And nope nothing on my end either. Chirp chirp


Slightly encouraging for the "reverse splitters" among us.

palatrax
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:51 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby palatrax » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:15 pm

Robert_Bert wrote:Just got the e-mail....IN! So shocked/happy/excited. Best of luck to my fellow EDers out there, I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for all of you.

Edit: numbers were slightly fudged earlier. 3.9X/169/ Ivy undergrad


Well hopefully this means they'll be sending out some more waves today.

User avatar
corporatebarbarian
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby corporatebarbarian » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:38 pm

palatrax wrote:
Robert_Bert wrote:Just got the e-mail....IN! So shocked/happy/excited. Best of luck to my fellow EDers out there, I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for all of you.

Edit: numbers were slightly fudged earlier. 3.9X/169/ Ivy undergrad


Well hopefully this means they'll be sending out some more waves today.


Arg! Still more silence!

User avatar
corporatebarbarian
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby corporatebarbarian » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:30 pm

I'm sweating 4:30 pm ET. That's when yesterday's deferrals went out....

User avatar
05062014
Posts: 437
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:05 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby 05062014 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:56 pm

corporatebarbarian wrote:I'm sweating 4:30 pm ET. That's when yesterday's deferrals went out....


It was 3:30 when you posted this

Edit: I'm sweatin too

User avatar
corporatebarbarian
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby corporatebarbarian » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:58 pm

abdistotle wrote:
corporatebarbarian wrote:I'm sweating 4:30 pm ET. That's when yesterday's deferrals went out....


It was 3:30 when you posted this


Yeah. TLS is still on daylight savings time. Sow anyway, I'm sweating the 4:30 that happens half an hour from now.

User avatar
05062014
Posts: 437
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:05 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby 05062014 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:59 pm

corporatebarbarian wrote:
abdistotle wrote:
corporatebarbarian wrote:I'm sweating 4:30 pm ET. That's when yesterday's deferrals went out....


It was 3:30 when you posted this


Yeah. TLS is still on daylight savings time. Sow anyway, I'm sweating the 4:30 that happens half an hour from now.


I pmed u

goldgirl786
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:09 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby goldgirl786 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:28 pm

abdistotle wrote:
corporatebarbarian wrote:
abdistotle wrote:
corporatebarbarian wrote:I'm sweating 4:30 pm ET. That's when yesterday's deferrals went out....


It was 3:30 when you posted this


Yeah. TLS is still on daylight savings time. Sow anyway, I'm sweating the 4:30 that happens half an hour from now.


I pmed u


Here's to Monday?

User avatar
05062014
Posts: 437
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:05 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby 05062014 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:30 pm

My body cannot take this any longer

User avatar
corporatebarbarian
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby corporatebarbarian » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:31 pm

Here's to Monday?[/quote]

I'm almost ready to agree - but I'm not sure they've switched off the lights just yet...

goldgirl786
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:09 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby goldgirl786 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:32 pm

abdistotle wrote:My body cannot take this any longer


+1




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests