Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Kimikho » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:27 am

my reaction was more :shock: :arrow: :| :arrow: :x :arrow: :( :arrow: :cry: :arrow: [beg professor] :arrow: :) :arrow: :D :arrow: 8)

OsaroLJ
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:37 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby OsaroLJ » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:34 am

wowhio wrote:scoobers -- I had the same problem! I emailed Columbia a few weeks ago kind of like: "Hey there, why isn't my app complete?" and they were like: "Oh lol, you need a third letter of rec."

Me: o_O


Huh? My app is complete and I only sent in 2.

User avatar
HarvardHopeful
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby HarvardHopeful » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:51 am

OsaroLJ wrote:
wowhio wrote:scoobers -- I had the same problem! I emailed Columbia a few weeks ago kind of like: "Hey there, why isn't my app complete?" and they were like: "Oh lol, you need a third letter of rec."

Me: o_O


Huh? My app is complete and I only sent in 2.


Columbia requires K-JDs send in two letters both from professors. I believe they both got the email because one of their original two was not from a professor.

User avatar
wowhio
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby wowhio » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:57 am

HarvardHopeful wrote:
OsaroLJ wrote:
wowhio wrote:scoobers -- I had the same problem! I emailed Columbia a few weeks ago kind of like: "Hey there, why isn't my app complete?" and they were like: "Oh lol, you need a third letter of rec."

Me: o_O


Huh? My app is complete and I only sent in 2.


Columbia requires K-JDs send in two letters both from professors. I believe they both got the email because one of their original two was not from a professor.


That is correct. I had one from a professor and one from an employer, so I had to send in a third one.

User avatar
hyp7
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby hyp7 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:04 am

Does anyone have/can link to pictures of the inside of the law school dorms? (Sorry if this is the wrong thread.)

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby 04102014 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:07 pm

Welp, the first Monday in December is when the first round of ED acceptances traditionally came out. I wonder what they have in store today instead.

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:11 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:Welp, the first Monday in December is when the first round of ED acceptances traditionally came out. I wonder what they have in store today instead.


I hope they release ED decisions soon, a) because you, b) because I want them to move on to RD.

User avatar
Howl
Posts: 293
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:11 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Howl » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:13 pm

Late to the bandwagon, but also tried to solicit a waiver and got the "if you qualify, we'll give you a waiver through CRS" treatment. :? :? :?

Looks like I'm not getting a waiver after all. Kinda sad and confused, because last year I got an unsolicited one with a 10-points lower LSAT and same GPA. :shock:
Last edited by Howl on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby 04102014 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:13 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
ohpobrecito wrote:Welp, the first Monday in December is when the first round of ED acceptances traditionally came out. I wonder what they have in store today instead.


I hope they release ED decisions soon, a) because you, b) because I want them to move on to RD.


BoM, always thinking of numero uno :roll:



:lol:

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby neprep » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:22 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
ohpobrecito wrote:Welp, the first Monday in December is when the first round of ED acceptances traditionally came out. I wonder what they have in store today instead.


I hope they release ED decisions soon, a) because you, b) because I want them to move on to RD.

User avatar
Howl
Posts: 293
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:11 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Howl » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:19 pm

Gave up on the fee waiver in the excitement of my second rec letter arriving, submitted. 8)

User avatar
girlmonster
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 10:46 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby girlmonster » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:21 pm

This thread is making me neurotic. I don't understand. The other threads I'm subscribed to aren't like this.

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby The-Specs » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:45 pm

girlmonster wrote:This thread is making me neurotic. I don't understand. The other threads I'm subscribed to aren't like this.


Is this the only T6 thread to which you have subscribed?
Last edited by The-Specs on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Kimikho » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:10 pm

girlmonster wrote:This thread is making me neurotic. I don't understand. The other threads I'm subscribed to aren't like this.


and i dont even poast here that much yet

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:34 pm

scoobers wrote:
girlmonster wrote:This thread is making me neurotic. I don't understand. The other threads I'm subscribed to aren't like this.


and i dont even poast here that much yet


:) We need more scoobers anxiety ITT

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Kimikho » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:41 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
scoobers wrote:
girlmonster wrote:This thread is making me neurotic. I don't understand. The other threads I'm subscribed to aren't like this.


and i dont even poast here that much yet


:) We need more scoobers anxiety ITT


on it. there is no way i can go complete until at least the end of today (and most likely won't go complete for at least a week) so.......

Image

ETA: i would make that my tar but i love angie too much :/

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby applelover » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:43 pm

This is the one app, I'm not neurotic about.

User avatar
ShrimpToastMasters
Posts: 411
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ShrimpToastMasters » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:51 pm

applelover wrote:This is the one app, I'm not neurotic about.


how? do you have some magical secret?! the only reason i'm not super-neurotic about CLS yet is because EDs haven't even got decisions.

still very neurotic though.

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Kimikho » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:57 pm

ShrimpToastMasters wrote:
applelover wrote:This is the one app, I'm not neurotic about.


how? do you have some magical secret?! the only reason i'm not super-neurotic about CLS yet is because EDs haven't even got decisions.

still very neurotic though.


yeah i've actually been pretty chill about CLS and i don't know why. probably because the one big issue has been resolved, and they've kinda shown that they are willing to reach out and let me know when i've messed something up. :mrgreen:

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby applelover » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:00 pm

scoobers wrote:
ShrimpToastMasters wrote:
applelover wrote:This is the one app, I'm not neurotic about.


how? do you have some magical secret?! the only reason i'm not super-neurotic about CLS yet is because EDs haven't even got decisions.

still very neurotic though.


yeah i've actually been pretty chill about CLS and i don't know why. probably because the one big issue has been resolved, and they've kinda shown that they are willing to reach out and let me know when i've messed something up. :mrgreen:

Because I don't expect a decision anytime soon and no RD apps have heard back yet. I only get anxious when people start receiving decisions.

User avatar
ShrimpToastMasters
Posts: 411
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ShrimpToastMasters » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:00 pm

applelover wrote:
scoobers wrote:
ShrimpToastMasters wrote:
applelover wrote:This is the one app, I'm not neurotic about.


how? do you have some magical secret?! the only reason i'm not super-neurotic about CLS yet is because EDs haven't even got decisions.

still very neurotic though.


yeah i've actually been pretty chill about CLS and i don't know why. probably because the one big issue has been resolved, and they've kinda shown that they are willing to reach out and let me know when i've messed something up. :mrgreen:

Because I don't expect a decision anytime soon and no RD apps have heard back yet. I only get anxious when people start receiving decisions.


fair enough - and that is why the HLS thread is the worst

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9637
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jbagelboy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:05 pm

ShrimpToastMasters wrote:
applelover wrote:This is the one app, I'm not neurotic about.


how? do you have some magical secret?! the only reason i'm not super-neurotic about CLS yet is because EDs haven't even got decisions.

still very neurotic though.


it typically doesn't get truly perverse until mid-January. Shit got weird around like 1/22 and stayed that way for a while.

goldgirl786
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:09 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby goldgirl786 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:58 pm

Nothing today for ED? UGH

Robert_Bert
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 11:46 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Robert_Bert » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:05 pm

goldgirl786 wrote:Nothing today for ED? UGH


Nada. Another day down.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:27 pm

Still waiting to go from "Completion Pending" to "Complete"...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aprince0122, christinaxcarrie, henryyou, lg77 and 16 guests