Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bbkk » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:44 pm

Thank you guys!!

And congrats to the other admits!!

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:So this has surely been asked a minimum of 80 bajillion times by now, but is there anyyyyything between going complete and getting a decision in the mail?


I didn't get any.

kenwash
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby kenwash » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:45 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:So this has surely been asked a minimum of 80 bajillion times by now, but is there anyyyyything between going complete and getting a decision in the mail?

Nope

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2240
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:02 pm

kenwash wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:So this has surely been asked a minimum of 80 bajillion times by now, but is there anyyyyything between going complete and getting a decision in the mail?

Nope

User avatar
graphia
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:00 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby graphia » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:05 pm

Congrats to all the admits today!

User avatar
vivala
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:34 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby vivala » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:24 pm

No one who was held was in this wave, right?

User avatar
malleus discentium
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 2:30 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby malleus discentium » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:50 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:So this has surely been asked a minimum of 80 bajillion times by now, but is there anyyyyything between going complete and getting a decision in the mail?

Despair, mostly.

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:04 pm

malleus discentium wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:So this has surely been asked a minimum of 80 bajillion times by now, but is there anyyyyything between going complete and getting a decision in the mail?

Despair, mostly.


Oh, good, so I'm right on track.

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lastsamurai » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:07 pm

How quickly my relationship with columbia has withered...I still remember the days when I would frantically call my SO to see if there was any mail...

User avatar
EquallyWrong
Posts: 3213
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:19 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby EquallyWrong » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:19 pm

Wahoo, admits! Congrats!
Que sera sera is kind of all you get from them until admittance, either in the form of silence or a hold email. Good luck.

User avatar
sims1
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:03 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby sims1 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:57 pm

In today via email.

No scholarship with that letter but I'll stay optimistic =]

User avatar
moopness
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby moopness » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:08 pm

james.bungles wrote:still waiting on completion, applied 1/30... anyone else from this time still waiting?

Yup, same applicationd date and still completion pending. Fun stuff.


Congrats to the recent admits and scholly recipients!

User avatar
Hitchensian
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:34 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Hitchensian » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:13 pm

sims1 wrote:In today via email.

No scholarship with that letter but I'll stay optimistic =]


Congrats! :mrgreen:

Can I ask your complete date?

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:41 pm

bbkk wrote:IN!! Via email, and with Hamilton!

Completed on 2/25. No interview. Above both 75ths.

JUST SAW THIS CONGRATS HOLY SHIT THAT IS SO AMAZING AND YOU DESERVE EVERY CENT.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2240
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:09 pm

vivala wrote:No one who was held was in this wave, right?


Not that I am aware of, and if what someone reported ITT is correct, its going to be awhile.

firesail
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:32 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby firesail » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:26 am

Does anyone know if they will release decisions by April first for those who applied on March 1st?

User avatar
tenniscourt
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:00 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby tenniscourt » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:48 am

Emails, in or otherwise, are usually sent in the late afternoon, correct? So I can stop refreshing my email throughout the day like a crazy person for a sign of something, correct?

User avatar
tenniscourt
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:00 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby tenniscourt » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:59 am

firesail wrote:Does anyone know if they will release decisions by April first for those who applied on March 1st?



Who knows. You'd hope so but probably not. Considering some January applicants just went complete last week, it might not be likely. :?

User avatar
waferthinmint
Posts: 337
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:57 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby waferthinmint » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:17 pm

lastsamurai wrote:How quickly my relationship with columbia has withered...I still remember the days when I would frantically call my SO to see if there was any mail...


HA. yeah, remember the days when we TLSers were counting down til January 25 because we thought there would be a big wave of mail acceptances then? and then every single day after that people would like leave work during their lunch breaks to check their mailboxes and call their moms to check the mail and stuff?

WE WERE FOOLS.

User avatar
AFP
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:20 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby AFP » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:20 pm

waferthinmint wrote:
lastsamurai wrote:How quickly my relationship with columbia has withered...I still remember the days when I would frantically call my SO to see if there was any mail...


HA. yeah, remember the days when we TLSers were counting down til January 25 because we thought there would be a big wave of mail acceptances then? and then every single day after that people would like leave work during their lunch breaks to check their mailboxes and call their moms to check the mail and stuff?

WE WERE FOOLS.


The halcyon days of hope and innocence.

User avatar
vivala
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:34 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby vivala » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:25 pm

I oddly wish Columbia liked to ding more than they do. The very false hope I have from being held is dwindling by the day :(

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby koalacity » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:46 pm

AFP wrote:
waferthinmint wrote:
lastsamurai wrote:How quickly my relationship with columbia has withered...I still remember the days when I would frantically call my SO to see if there was any mail...


HA. yeah, remember the days when we TLSers were counting down til January 25 because we thought there would be a big wave of mail acceptances then? and then every single day after that people would like leave work during their lunch breaks to check their mailboxes and call their moms to check the mail and stuff?

WE WERE FOOLS.


The halcyon days of hope and innocence.

:cry:
We were so young, so naive.

User avatar
waferthinmint
Posts: 337
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:57 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby waferthinmint » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:58 pm

Anyone have thoughts or info on someone who has not heard anything back (been complete for four months) and who has not been held writing a LOCI? Success stories? Tips?

User avatar
EquallyWrong
Posts: 3213
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:19 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby EquallyWrong » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:38 pm

waferthinmint wrote:Anyone have thoughts or info on someone who has not heard anything back (been complete for four months) and who has not been held writing a LOCI? Success stories? Tips?

I would refrain from sending one unless you've been held or have something to update your file with. If you've been held, then it might be worth saying you're not going to make a final decision until they get back to you because they've said they're not going to get back to you for a while. A decision may be imminent in your case, hopefully a good one.

User avatar
tenniscourt
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:00 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby tenniscourt » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:49 pm

Ahh, not a day goes by that I wish Columbia had the same Application Status tracker system most other schools had so I could at least see the last date they looked at my application :roll:

User avatar
bryanjbay12
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:25 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bryanjbay12 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:04 pm

Email from Columbia asking me for my fall grades today. Unfortunately, they dropped my GPA down about .05, so I can't see that having a positive effect. Regardless, I was already below the 25th, and my LSAT at 173, so I'm not sure what effect this will have. Anyone have any experience or thoughts with this?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BrainsyK, Google Adsense [Bot], Kaziende, lawlawland16, proteinshake and 17 guests