Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
paglababa
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby paglababa » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:08 pm

HouseTargaryen wrote:Award for most curve balls during the cycle definitely goes to CLS. Interviews. Multiple rounds of them. Email acceptances.

... next they'll send an English gentleman dressed as a squire to your door to read you your acceptance from a scroll.


This. In everywhere, except CLS, this cycle. In other news, they acknowledged my email displaying continued interest(guess that's my LOCI?) and said they would add to my file...

dehesse
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby dehesse » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:47 pm

China Spy wrote:
bbkk wrote:Anybody submitted before Jan 13 and still at "Completion Pending"???


+1

Srsly WTF.


They JUST changed mine to completed and mine was submitted 1/13. But they aren't the only school that has taken this long so I'm trying to believe that it's not a terrible sign.

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby The-Specs » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:43 pm

If you had told me at the beginning of this cycle that the last school i would hear back from was Columbia I would have (a) not believed you and (b) assumed that I was going to get into Yale because there is no way that Columbia took longer to get back to me than Yale took to ding me.

Come on Columbia. At this point I don't care what the decision is, let's just have it already.

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bbkk » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:10 pm

dehesse wrote:
China Spy wrote:
bbkk wrote:Anybody submitted before Jan 13 and still at "Completion Pending"???


+1

Srsly WTF.


They JUST changed mine to completed and mine was submitted 1/13. But they aren't the only school that has taken this long so I'm trying to believe that it's not a terrible sign.



I JUST went complete too!!!!!! OMG finally!

User avatar
jasper09
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:03 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jasper09 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:06 pm

bbkk wrote:
dehesse wrote:
China Spy wrote:
bbkk wrote:Anybody submitted before Jan 13 and still at "Completion Pending"???


+1

Srsly WTF.


They JUST changed mine to completed and mine was submitted 1/13. But they aren't the only school that has taken this long so I'm trying to believe that it's not a terrible sign.



I JUST went complete too!!!!!! OMG finally!



+1 submitted 1/7. JUST went complete (and I'm on the verge of singing the hallelujah chorus)

User avatar
BanjoCalhoun
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:41 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BanjoCalhoun » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:09 pm

Does anyone know what Columbia's take is on resume updates?

I have substantive resume additions that I would hope could help get me off the fence with them, but couldn't find anything on their site that explained their views on updates by email. I haven't received a decision despite submitting a long while ago. At this point it's only fair to expect a waitlist/deny but since I should be a solid candidate from a stats perspective I was hoping an update could still make a difference.

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby gbelle » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:18 pm

BanjoCalhoun wrote:Does anyone know what Columbia's take is on resume updates?

I have substantive resume additions that I would hope could help get me off the fence with them, but couldn't find anything on their site that explained their views on updates by email. I haven't received a decision despite submitting a long while ago. At this point it's only fair to expect a waitlist/deny but since I should be a solid candidate from a stats perspective I was hoping an update could still make a difference.


They accept them and will add them to your file

FluffMonster
Posts: 2205
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby FluffMonster » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:41 am

Just got the waitlist email.
Complete 11/15. Numbers in profile.

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bbkk » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:04 am

Jules239 wrote:Just got the waitlist email.
Complete 11/15. Numbers in profile.


Sorry. :(

Is it Waitlist or Held? They are not the same, right?

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby gbelle » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:09 am

bbkk wrote:
Jules239 wrote:Just got the waitlist email.
Complete 11/15. Numbers in profile.


Sorry. :(

Is it Waitlist or Held? They are not the same, right?


Correct: WL and held are different.
Sorry to hear about the WL :(

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby JustHawkin » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:11 am

gbelle wrote:
bbkk wrote:
Jules239 wrote:Just got the waitlist email.
Complete 11/15. Numbers in profile.


Sorry. :(

Is it Waitlist or Held? They are not the same, right?


Correct: WL and held are different.
Sorry to hear about the WL :(

Wait...this is news to me. So is held going to be hearing back sooner than WL?

FluffMonster
Posts: 2205
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby FluffMonster » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:12 am

"Reserve"

I just figured that was their version of the waitlist, even though it's "unlike the applicants who are waitlisted at other schools".

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby gbelle » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:16 am

JustHawkin wrote:
gbelle wrote:
bbkk wrote:
Jules239 wrote:Just got the waitlist email.
Complete 11/15. Numbers in profile.


Sorry. :(

Is it Waitlist or Held? They are not the same, right?


Correct: WL and held are different.
Sorry to hear about the WL :(

Wait...this is news to me. So is held going to be hearing back sooner than WL?


Held still means you don't have a final decision. From held you could be rejected accepted or placed on their reserve.

I never understood why they had this category. I feel like my app has been unofficially held since I applied in October and haven't heard a thing..

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby JustHawkin » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:22 am

gbelle wrote:Held still means you don't have a final decision. From held you could be rejected accepted or placed on their reserve.

I never understood why they had this category. I feel like my app has been unofficially held since I applied in October and haven't heard a thing..


Thanks for the clarification, I had a brain fart and thought that was held. But really, all I rememebered was it didn't say waitlisted, so I assumed I was held for a second, (terrible logic, I know). Reserve for me :roll:

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby gbelle » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:24 am

JustHawkin wrote:
gbelle wrote:Held still means you don't have a final decision. From held you could be rejected accepted or placed on their reserve.

I never understood why they had this category. I feel like my app has been unofficially held since I applied in October and haven't heard a thing..


Thanks for the clarification, I had a brain fart and thought that was held. But really, all I rememebered was it didn't say waitlisted, so I assumed I was held for a second, (terrible logic, I know). Reserve for me :roll:


No prob. Sorry to hear about the reserve. I'm not an optimist when it comes to getting in off of it...

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby JustHawkin » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:29 am

gbelle wrote:No prob. Sorry to hear about the reserve. I'm not an optimist when it comes to getting in off of it...

What's the history look like for # of people pulled from it?

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby gbelle » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:32 am

JustHawkin wrote:
gbelle wrote:No prob. Sorry to hear about the reserve. I'm not an optimist when it comes to getting in off of it...

What's the history look like for # of people pulled from it?


You might have to do a bit of research in previous threads and on LSN. All I know is that I didn't get in off it. So for myself, I'd like to avoid it at all costs

Edit. If I do remember correctly, some were let in early summer. As summer progressed there was less movement.

User avatar
samoby
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 12:44 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby samoby » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:51 am

JustHawkin wrote:
gbelle wrote:No prob. Sorry to hear about the reserve. I'm not an optimist when it comes to getting in off of it...

What's the history look like for # of people pulled from it?


I know someone who got off in July, but that was after retaking the LSAT in June and jumping from a 171 to a 177, so not a typical case. I'm not particularly optimistic, either. :|

User avatar
EquallyWrong
Posts: 3213
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:19 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby EquallyWrong » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:51 am

Yesterday, noon was their accepted batch...maybe there will be another today in an hour if they turn out to be creatures of habit?

User avatar
scoobysnax
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:51 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby scoobysnax » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:06 pm

JUST GOT MY ADMIT EMAIL!!!!!

172/3.63. Sent 10:30AM. East Coast. Uhhh submitted late November, not sure "actual" complete date because they asked for my fall transcript, which wasn't sent until January.

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT OMG

User avatar
W$RKliveWELL
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 1:17 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby W$RKliveWELL » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:10 pm

scoobysnax wrote:JUST GOT MY ADMIT EMAIL!!!!!

172/3.63. Sent 10:30AM. East Coast. Uhhh submitted late November, not sure "actual" complete date because they asked for my fall transcript, which wasn't sent until January.

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT OMG


that's great yo congrats!!!!!! hope to be just like you one day :lol:

$alty
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby $alty » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:26 pm

:D congrats

User avatar
cesium
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby cesium » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:42 pm

Does anyone know approximately how many people Columbia admitted from "held" and their waitlist last year?

User avatar
patfeeney
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby patfeeney » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:59 pm

Oh wow. Just got the acceptance email at 10:30 am. 174, 3.6, submit early December, complete early January. Non-URM.
This surely is a cure for the rejection stream blues.

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby The-Specs » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:01 pm

patfeeney wrote:Oh wow. Just got the acceptance email at 10:30 am. 174, 3.6, submit early December, complete early January. Non-URM.
This surely is a cure for the rejection stream blues.


Congrats!

Must have been a small batch.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CaptKangaroo, Christinabruin, Kaziende, PDX4343 and 10 guests