Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
HarvardHopeful
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby HarvardHopeful » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:05 pm

lawschool22 wrote:I was going to slip out of work for a longer "lunch break" to check my mailbox, but my boss had other plans :(


hahaha i feel for you. I had all LSAC mail sent to my mom's address and I think she is about 1 phone call away from changing her phone number.

User avatar
flippacious
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 3:54 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby flippacious » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:07 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
midwest17 wrote:I'm now imagining the packet containing $150,000 in cash.

Literally LOLing. With a note: "Spend wisely..."

Slightly related, I had a dream the other night that I got a Ruby from Chicago. It came as a check in the mail for $160,000, but Chicago had misprinted it and given me $1,600,000. Instead of being excited, dream-me was hit with overwhelming panic and anxiety about it.

...in other news, no mail from CLS in PA today :(

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby SplitMyPants » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:14 pm

Balthy wrote:
wowhio wrote:
ifiknew wrote:To the person that got admitted in Ohio, Congratulations!! What date was your letter dated?


January 24



Congrats!!!!!!!



Just waiting on someone in the deep south to post now.

edit spelling


This southern snow is just messing everything up for us. One inch shuts the whole state down.

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby yossarian » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:20 pm

No mail from Columbia in IN today, though an OH reported. Any consensus yet on whether these are just acceptances? Or can I expect to receive a small envelope with a polite letter tomorrow?

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:22 pm

I almost forgot. For all of you lucky folks who have been accepted recently, don't forget to update the spreadsheet!

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Kimikho » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:23 pm

yossarian71 wrote:No mail from Columbia in IN today, though an OH reported. Any consensus yet on whether these are just acceptances? Or can I expect to receive a small envelope with a polite letter tomorrow?


On that note, does Columbia send WL/Dings via mail as well?

Humbert Humbert
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Humbert Humbert » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:25 pm

lastsamurai wrote:
wtrc wrote:
HarvardHopeful wrote:I wish columbia would tell us if the butler/hamilton candidates are the ones being interviewed. I don't think they would say that the interviewees were "randomly selected" though if this were the case. So i'm fingers crossed that scholarships are coming and eventually someone will report one today/tomorrow .


Can someone clarify: were these invites to be interviewed for the scholarships, or actual scholarship offers, in the past? Thx.


actual scholarships included in the initial acceptance letter in the past


Even for non-Butler/Hamilton level $?

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby koalacity » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:26 pm

flippacious wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:
midwest17 wrote:I'm now imagining the packet containing $150,000 in cash.

Literally LOLing. With a note: "Spend wisely..."

Slightly related, I had a dream the other night that I got a Ruby from Chicago. It came as a check in the mail for $160,000, but Chicago had misprinted it and given me $1,600,000. Instead of being excited, dream-me was hit with overwhelming panic and anxiety about it.

...in other news, no mail from CLS in PA today :(

This would definitely be a case where TCR is "take the money and run." :wink:

User avatar
illyria
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:26 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby illyria » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:27 pm

Does the acceptance letter come in a small envelope? Or is it a packet?

User avatar
waferthinmint
Posts: 337
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:57 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby waferthinmint » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:28 pm

lawschool22 wrote:I was going to slip out of work for a longer "lunch break" to check my mailbox, but my boss had other plans :(


Hahaha that thought crossed my mind as well....
"Oh, was I gone for over an hour? My, I don't know how that happened.."

User avatar
waferthinmint
Posts: 337
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:57 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby waferthinmint » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:32 pm

illyria wrote:Does the acceptance letter come in a small envelope? Or is it a packet?


Sounds like it's been a big baby-blue envelope, but with not a lot of other materials inside beside the acceptance letter. So, could fit inside a mailbox depending on your mailbox situation, I'm guessing.

yadiermolina
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:54 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby yadiermolina » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:32 pm

In! (First post, long time lurker)

170 3.8x so hope to all with below median LSAT

came in big blue envelope
Last edited by yadiermolina on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Balthy
Posts: 668
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Balthy » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:33 pm

Just had parents check in Texas.. nothin.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby wtrc » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:33 pm

yadiermolina wrote:In! (First post, long time lurker)

170 3.8x so hope to all with below median LSAT


Congrats!!!!

So... did you get the letter today, where are ya located generally, and complete date? :P

User avatar
Balthy
Posts: 668
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Balthy » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:34 pm

yadiermolina wrote:In! (First post, long time lurker)

170 3.8x so hope to all with below median LSAT

came in big blue envelope



location?


and srry.. i meant to first say CONGRATS!!!!:)

yadiermolina
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:54 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby yadiermolina » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:39 pm

Balthy wrote:
yadiermolina wrote:In! (First post, long time lurker)

170 3.8x so hope to all with below median LSAT

came in big blue envelope



location?


and srry.. i meant to first say CONGRATS!!!!:)



Midwest. Complete 11/15. letter arrived middle of the day. THANKS! was definitely expecting a waitlist...
Last edited by yadiermolina on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby koalacity » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:40 pm

yadiermolina wrote:
Balthy wrote:
yadiermolina wrote:In! (First post, long time lurker)

170 3.8x so hope to all with below median LSAT

came in big blue envelope



location?


and srry.. i meant to first say CONGRATS!!!!:)



Midwest. letter arrived middle of the day. THANKS! was definitely expecting a waitlist...

Congrats!!

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:42 pm

yadiermolina wrote:
Balthy wrote:
yadiermolina wrote:In! (First post, long time lurker)

170 3.8x so hope to all with below median LSAT

came in big blue envelope



location?


and srry.. i meant to first say CONGRATS!!!!:)



Midwest. Complete 11/15. letter arrived middle of the day. THANKS! was definitely expecting a waitlist...


Another midwesterner... :shock:

I need to get to my mailbox ASAP

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Kimikho » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:42 pm

I can't be the only applicant from out here.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:50 pm

lawschool22 wrote:Another midwesterner... :shock:

I need to get to my mailbox ASAP


So very much this. My worst fear beyond not having the letter is that it will have been mashed into my beta mailbox.

User avatar
almondjoy
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:35 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby almondjoy » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:52 pm

So has no one with a random interview request been accepted then? How long does everyone think the decisions for these people will be delayed?

User avatar
HarvardHopeful
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby HarvardHopeful » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:54 pm

any one from Massachusetts get a letter yet? I've got about another hour to wait before someone can check my mail for me.

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lastsamurai » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:55 pm

Humbert Humbert wrote:
lastsamurai wrote:
wtrc wrote:
HarvardHopeful wrote:I wish columbia would tell us if the butler/hamilton candidates are the ones being interviewed. I don't think they would say that the interviewees were "randomly selected" though if this were the case. So i'm fingers crossed that scholarships are coming and eventually someone will report one today/tomorrow .


Can someone clarify: were these invites to be interviewed for the scholarships, or actual scholarship offers, in the past? Thx.


actual scholarships included in the initial acceptance letter in the past


Even for non-Butler/Hamilton level $?


Nope...just for those two named schollies. Should have clarified, but that was all that wtrc was asking about

User avatar
ftbchamp231
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:02 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ftbchamp231 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:58 pm

Twice today I have gotten a notice from the mailroom about a package.... and twice today I have ran through the biting cold of the polar vortex only to have the man behind the counter give me a textbook for a class I dropped.

kenwash
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby kenwash » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:00 pm

Jan 15 complete date is likely NOT in this first wave, correct? This is what I get for waiting for a fee waiver that never happened.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, BACsop, lillawyer2 and 5 guests