Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pokemonsters

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby pokemonsters » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:04 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:Curious to see if the Butler/Hamilton are still being sent out with initial acceptances or if they changed that.

People have said this continues to be the case, but I haven't seen anyone post yet that they've received an offer with the accept.

lawschool22

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:05 pm

pokemonsters wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:Curious to see if the Butler/Hamilton are still being sent out with initial acceptances or if they changed that.

People have said this continues to be the case, but I haven't seen anyone post yet that they've received an offer with the accept.

Could that mean that the people being interviewed are the Butler/Hamilton candidates, and as such have not received letters yet?

The-Specs

Postby The-Specs » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:08 pm

wowhio wrote:Admitted via mail today! Hurray! 3.57 / 177

The letter/packet were sent to my current address in Ohio.

The packet is tragically boring except for the obviously quite exciting offer of admission. :-P

I submitted in late September but didn't actually go complete -- due to LOR issues -- until early December...or maybe it was late November. Around there.

It feels so good to get this news I've just been waiting every day to hear from my last few schools and it's been nothing nothing nothing all month. Finally!

Good luck to everyone!

Congrats Wowhio. This is probably great news for me so my excitement for you isn't purely altruistic. :)

HouseTargaryen

Postby HouseTargaryen » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:10 pm

Tela1283 wrote:
pokemonsters wrote:
HouseTargaryen wrote:
pokemonsters wrote:Hoping for good new in he mailbox today! I saw someone say that the mailings were staggered. Any info on how they were staggered? Is the first big wave all sent out by now?

Can't speak on how staggered the sending is, but decisions from the first big wave were received over a period of 6-7 days last year. The biggest days were day 4 and 5.

Thanks to you and lawschool22, I won't have a heart attack if I don't see anything this week. Have my fingers crossed though! Good luck everyone and congrats to the admits today.

Last year, letters were dated the 25th and the 29th (a Friday and Tuesday).

So if they follow last year (in terms of days of the week), I would say another batch was sent out today or will be sent out tomorrow.

I don't think that's accurate... LSN shows people receiving letters on the 24th and 25th.

lawapp2014

Postby lawapp2014 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:16 pm

My app went complete about a week ago. What's the usual response time, roughly?

rseaney

Postby rseaney » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:18 pm

neprep wrote:
The-Specs wrote:So if the status checker still says complete then there isn't any mail coming, right?

No that stays complete until you die.

+1

Seaborn'16

Postby Seaborn'16 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:20 pm

Long time lurker, first time poster:

IN!

175/3.5, Non-trad (military)

Letter arrived at permanent address in Florida ("current address" on application had passed it's "valid until.." date)

koalacity

Postby koalacity » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:22 pm

Seaborn'16 wrote:Long time lurker, first time poster:

IN!

Letter arrived at permanent address in Florida ("current address" on application had passed it's "valid until.." date)

Congrats!!! Mind sharing your complete date?

Seaborn'16

Postby Seaborn'16 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:24 pm

koalacity wrote:

IN!

Congrats!!! Mind sharing your complete date?

Thanks!

Sumitted: Pretty shortly after Sept. 15
Complete: 10/7

charlie.black

Postby charlie.black » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:32 pm

IN!

Congrats!! Super cool. And I'm jealous..

this day just won't end. and the possibility of waiting a few more days is soul-crushing..

ftbchamp231

Postby ftbchamp231 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:39 pm

It is bad timing to have all of my textbooks coming in from amazon the same time I am waiting for packages from law schools. I keep getting notifications that I have a package for pick up ready in the mailroom. :|

HarvardHopeful

Postby HarvardHopeful » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:44 pm

I wish columbia would tell us if the butler/hamilton candidates are the ones being interviewed. I don't think they would say that the interviewees were "randomly selected" though if this were the case. So i'm fingers crossed that scholarships are coming and eventually someone will report one today/tomorrow .

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:46 pm

HarvardHopeful wrote:I wish columbia would tell us if the butler/hamilton candidates are the ones being interviewed. I don't think they would say that the interviewees were "randomly selected" though if this were the case. So i'm fingers crossed that scholarships are coming and eventually someone will report one today/tomorrow .

Can someone clarify: were these invites to be interviewed for the scholarships, or actual scholarship offers, in the past? Thx.

lastsamurai

Postby lastsamurai » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:47 pm

wtrc wrote:
HarvardHopeful wrote:I wish columbia would tell us if the butler/hamilton candidates are the ones being interviewed. I don't think they would say that the interviewees were "randomly selected" though if this were the case. So i'm fingers crossed that scholarships are coming and eventually someone will report one today/tomorrow .

Can someone clarify: were these invites to be interviewed for the scholarships, or actual scholarship offers, in the past? Thx.

actual scholarships included in the initial acceptance letter in the past

midwest17

Postby midwest17 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:49 pm

lastsamurai wrote:
wtrc wrote:

actual scholarships included in the initial acceptance letter in the past

I'm now imagining the packet containing $150,000 in cash.

HarvardHopeful

Postby HarvardHopeful » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:49 pm

wtrc wrote:

This is the first year they are doing interviews. That's why nobody knows. But i'm going to believe them when they say interviews were random for now

charlie.black

Postby charlie.black » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:49 pm

I don't think they are. Crazyrobin didn't get an interview invite...and he's our local rockstar, yeah? Doesn't make sense that he'd get passed over (and would leave little hope for people like me).

JustHawkin

Postby JustHawkin » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:50 pm

midwest17 wrote:I'm now imagining the packet containing $150,000 in cash.

Literally LOLing. With a note: "Spend wisely..."

lawschool22

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:50 pm

HarvardHopeful wrote:
wtrc wrote:

This is the first year they are doing interviews. That's why nobody knows. But i'm going to believe them when they say interviews were random for now

This is probably the case, because there are people I would believe are Butler/Hamilton material who have not received interview requests, and the reverse is true as well.

Nonconsecutive

Postby Nonconsecutive » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:53 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
HarvardHopeful wrote:
wtrc wrote:

This is probably the case, because there are people I would believe are Butler/Hamilton material who have not received interview requests, and the reverse is true as well.

I agree, its just odd, I figured some of these acceptances would have had a Butler at least.

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:53 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
HarvardHopeful wrote:
wtrc wrote:

Interesting. I hope I'm in that former category :P!

CitrusFruit

Postby CitrusFruit » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:53 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
HarvardHopeful wrote:
wtrc wrote:

I very much doubt they are for butler/hamilton candidates.

lawschool55

Postby lawschool55 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:57 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
HarvardHopeful wrote:
wtrc wrote:

I have an interview later this week and, at least in my case, there is no way I am a butler/hamilton candidate. I'm just hoping they let me in.

HarvardHopeful

Postby HarvardHopeful » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:01 pm

Ok good. I'm nowhere near a shoe-in for a scholly, but I like to think there's a chance I might get one (if i get accepted). Good luck to everyone rushing to their mailboxes today!

lawschool22

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:02 pm

I was going to slip out of work for a longer "lunch break" to check my mailbox, but my boss had other plans :(

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”