Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lawschool22 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:05 pm

Tela1283 wrote:So if they follow last year's time table, we should expect the first RD wave letters to be mailed out at the end of this week, right?


That seems to be what some people ITT have predicted.

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby JustHawkin » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:11 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
Tela1283 wrote:So if they follow last year's time table, we should expect the first RD wave letters to be mailed out at the end of this week, right?


That seems to be what some people ITT have predicted.

What's the estimated cut off date for those who went complete to receive a decision?

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby midwest17 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:22 pm

Tela1283 wrote:So if they follow last year's time table, we should expect the first RD wave letters to be mailed out at the end of this week, right?


Is the expectation mailed by the end of the week, or received by the end of the week?

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lawschool22 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:39 pm

midwest17 wrote:
Tela1283 wrote:So if they follow last year's time table, we should expect the first RD wave letters to be mailed out at the end of this week, right?


Is the expectation mailed by the end of the week, or received by the end of the week?


Some people were saying that last year people started receiving decisions on Friday.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lawschool22 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:42 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
Tela1283 wrote:So if they follow last year's time table, we should expect the first RD wave letters to be mailed out at the end of this week, right?


That seems to be what some people ITT have predicted.

What's the estimated cut off date for those who went complete to receive a decision?




I think it's pretty late actually from what I've heard/read.

According to this --LinkRemoved-- there was someone who went complete 1/9 and still got accepted on 1/24. I think Columbia groups a lot of people into the "late January wave."

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby JustHawkin » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:02 pm

lawschool22 wrote:


I think it's pretty late actually from what I've heard/read.

According to this --LinkRemoved-- there was someone who went complete 1/9 and still got accepted on 1/24. I think Columbia groups a lot of people into the "late January wave."

I'm all about that life.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2240
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:11 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
midwest17 wrote:
Tela1283 wrote:So if they follow last year's time table, we should expect the first RD wave letters to be mailed out at the end of this week, right?


Is the expectation mailed by the end of the week, or received by the end of the week?


Some people were saying that last year people started receiving decisions on Friday.


Man this would be excellent. Keeping muh' optimism up. :)

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby JustHawkin » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:14 pm

When did you go complete Nonconsecutive?

User avatar
Balthy
Posts: 668
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Balthy » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:34 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
midwest17 wrote:
Tela1283 wrote:So if they follow last year's time table, we should expect the first RD wave letters to be mailed out at the end of this week, right?


Is the expectation mailed by the end of the week, or received by the end of the week?


Some people were saying that last year people started receiving decisions on Friday.


Man this would be excellent. Keeping muh' optimism up. :)



Yeesssss. Do you guys know if they send the vomit envelope via USPS or Fedex/UPS?

User avatar
cotiger
Posts: 1648
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby cotiger » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:59 pm

So they conceivably could start mailing acceptances as early as Tuesday? And with those packets come Butler/Hamilton decisions.. Ahh! Anticipation!

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lastsamurai » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:00 pm

Last year I believe letters were dated the 24th, emails were sent to international applicants the 25th and the first physical packets were sighted in the NYC area on Saturday with many more following on Monday.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2240
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:29 pm

JustHawkin wrote:When did you go complete Nonconsecutive?


Good question, I had to go look it up in my emails. 11/14

User avatar
scoobysnax
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:51 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby scoobysnax » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:32 am

Mylsn shows that people have consistently begun getting acceptances Jan 24 the past 3+ years!

User avatar
Typhoon24
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:09 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Typhoon24 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:19 am

scoobysnax wrote:Mylsn shows that people have consistently begun getting acceptances Jan 24 the past 3+ years!



Woot!!

User avatar
cotiger
Posts: 1648
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby cotiger » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:29 am

scoobysnax wrote:Mylsn shows that people have consistently begun getting acceptances Jan 24 the past 3+ years!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0

User avatar
crazyrobin
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:52 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby crazyrobin » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:29 am

8)
This friday?
Come on CLS!!! I can't wait anymore.

User avatar
Balthy
Posts: 668
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Balthy » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:33 am

crazyrobin wrote:8)
This friday?
Come on CLS!!! I can't wait anymore.


Seriously.. i'm dying here.

Can't wait to see this thread jump 50 pages.

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby koalacity » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:00 pm

crazyrobin wrote: 8)
This friday?
Come on CLS!!! I can't wait anymore.

I mean, if Columbia doesn't come through with a Hamilton for you, I suppose you'll just have to choose from those safety schools you've already gotten into :wink: .

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:55 am

I have not been accepted to Columbia, so this is a cart before the horse question, but is it correct that the CLS admitted student days are the same as NYU's? What's up with that?

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bbkk » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:57 am

koalacity wrote:
crazyrobin wrote: 8)
This friday?
Come on CLS!!! I can't wait anymore.

I mean, if Columbia doesn't come through with a Hamilton for you, I suppose you'll just have to choose from those safety schools you've already gotten into :wink: .


LOL I want dat safety schools too!! :lol:

User avatar
beepboopbeep
Posts: 1230
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby beepboopbeep » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:12 am

lawschool22 wrote:I have not been accepted to Columbia, so this is a cart before the horse question, but is it correct that the CLS admitted student days are the same as NYU's? What's up with that?


Last year they overlapped by a day; CLS was like Wednesday-Thursday and NYU was Thursday-Friday, I think? The last day of CLS's was just visiting classes and some other optional things, so it wasn't a big deal to go to CLS in the morning and NYU in the afternoon on the overlapping day. Made it extremely convenient to visit both in one trip, coming from elsewhere in the country.

If they're fully overlapping this year... well, that's a bummer. It would probably still be manageable to go to one on one day and the other on the next and not miss much, though.

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby wealtheow » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:14 am

Checking in! Just submitted a few minutes ago. :}

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby mandyjay11 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:15 am

Checking in, submitted sunday

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:16 am

beepboopbeep wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:I have not been accepted to Columbia, so this is a cart before the horse question, but is it correct that the CLS admitted student days are the same as NYU's? What's up with that?


Last year they overlapped by a day; CLS was like Wednesday-Thursday and NYU was Thursday-Friday, I think? The last day of CLS's was just visiting classes and some other optional things, so it wasn't a big deal to go to CLS in the morning and NYU in the afternoon on the overlapping day. Made it extremely convenient to visit both in one trip, coming from elsewhere in the country.

If they're fully overlapping this year... well, that's a bummer. It would probably still be manageable to go to one on one day and the other on the next and not miss much, though.


Ah okay. They might still be that way. I was getting my info from the CLS accepted students thread, where it says it's Wednesday/Thursday, but they also say it's April 9 & 10, which is a Thursday/Friday, so it can't be both.

I'm guessing those were just last year's dates, and they'll stick to the Wednesday/Thursday this year if that's what they have previously done.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ph5354a » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:42 am

lawschool22 wrote:
beepboopbeep wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:I have not been accepted to Columbia, so this is a cart before the horse question, but is it correct that the CLS admitted student days are the same as NYU's? What's up with that?


Last year they overlapped by a day; CLS was like Wednesday-Thursday and NYU was Thursday-Friday, I think? The last day of CLS's was just visiting classes and some other optional things, so it wasn't a big deal to go to CLS in the morning and NYU in the afternoon on the overlapping day. Made it extremely convenient to visit both in one trip, coming from elsewhere in the country.

If they're fully overlapping this year... well, that's a bummer. It would probably still be manageable to go to one on one day and the other on the next and not miss much, though.


Ah okay. They might still be that way. I was getting my info from the CLS accepted students thread, where it says it's Wednesday/Thursday, but they also say it's April 9 & 10, which is a Thursday/Friday, so it can't be both.

I'm guessing those were just last year's dates, and they'll stick to the Wednesday/Thursday this year if that's what they have previously done.


Hi beep!

Co-signing this and adding that last year NYU's Dean made a reference to how the two schools try to coordinate their ASW, so it would be very unlikely that they actually overlap the whole time.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Chipotle85, Christinabruin, GOODWORKSTE, Google Adsense [Bot], Houzy, JazzyMac, proteinshake, Rich Uncle Skeleton and 13 guests