Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby drawstring » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:18 am

theoutpostmhs wrote:Accepted to Columbia! Early decision 170/3.73. Was asked for fall grades in December, heard Friday night. By email


Congrats! :) :) :)

tiltedwindmill
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:28 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby tiltedwindmill » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:42 am

theoutpostmhs wrote:Accepted to Columbia! Early decision 170/3.73. Was asked for fall grades in December, heard Friday night. By email

Congratulations!!!

User avatar
db1990
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:55 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby db1990 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:58 am

theoutpostmhs wrote:Accepted to Columbia! Early decision 170/3.73. Was asked for fall grades in December, heard Friday night. By email


Way to go!!! :D

User avatar
girlmonster
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 10:46 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby girlmonster » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:11 am

theoutpostmhs wrote:Accepted to Columbia! Early decision 170/3.73. Was asked for fall grades in December, heard Friday night. By email


Yay, congratulations!!!

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lastsamurai » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:06 am

neprep wrote:So up until what application/complete date do we think applies to this upcoming January RD wave? I went complete around the end of November…so I'm wondering if I'll catch this wave.


I think anyone who submitted in 2013 is fair game (at least according to mylsn).

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby JustHawkin » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:29 am

lastsamurai wrote:
neprep wrote:So up until what application/complete date do we think applies to this upcoming January RD wave? I went complete around the end of November…so I'm wondering if I'll catch this wave.


I think anyone who submitted in 2013 is fair game (at least according to mylsn).

You think 12/31 counts? :lol:

User avatar
teampeeta
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby teampeeta » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:17 pm

I thought that CLS usually included people in the first wave who applied by early January. I've heard of people applying when December LSAT scores are released and hearing back in January.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby wtrc » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:57 pm

So, in the past, the first CLS RD wave has been pretty massive?

kenwash
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby kenwash » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:05 pm

lastsamurai wrote:
neprep wrote:So up until what application/complete date do we think applies to this upcoming January RD wave? I went complete around the end of November…so I'm wondering if I'll catch this wave.


I think anyone who submitted in 2013 is fair game (at least according to mylsn).

I wonder if this is submit date in 2013 or complete date in 2013.

User avatar
Pinklemon
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Pinklemon » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:27 pm

Accepted yesterday Early Decision. Was asked for my fall grades in early November. Finally got them on Thursday night. Was accepted Friday. 170/3.75. GPA was slightly lower before this semester's grades.

theoutpostmhs
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby theoutpostmhs » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:44 am

Does anyone know if there is a c/o 2017 facebook group? or a c/o 2017 thread here on TLS to talk to fellow admits?

tortellini
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:14 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby tortellini » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:59 pm

theoutpostmhs wrote:Does anyone know if there is a c/o 2017 facebook group? or a c/o 2017 thread here on TLS to talk to fellow admits?


viewtopic.php?f=38&t=221350&start=25 here you go hon

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bbkk » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:22 pm

Congrats to the new admits!! :D :D :D

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby gbelle » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:33 am

An email that was pushed to my phone this morning started like this:
"Columbia personally invites you...."

...to sign up for datemyschool
GAH

User avatar
MnM22
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby MnM22 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:34 am

gbelle wrote:An email that was pushed to my phone this morning started like this:
"Columbia personally invites you...."

...to sign up for datemyschool
GAH


NOOO! Date My School was trolling HARD. Sorry :/ lol

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:02 pm

I just found myself looking at the decision date graph for the first time in a while and wow, I didn't realize how truly massive that first wave in January is. At least you'll probably know one way or the other. If you don't get in during that wave it seems like your chances drop dramatically. Although there is the caveat of that data not being entirely representative of the whole applicant pool.

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:03 pm

lawschool22 wrote:I just found myself looking at the decision date graph for the first time in a while and wow, I didn't realize how truly massive that first wave in January is.


Also on that note--a friend told me that Columbia releases scholarship info with the decision. Is that the case? (Too lazy to research.)

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2066
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby t-14orbust » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:06 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:I just found myself looking at the decision date graph for the first time in a while and wow, I didn't realize how truly massive that first wave in January is.


Also on that note--a friend told me that Columbia releases scholarship info with the decision. Is that the case? (Too lazy to research.)


yup

edwardt1988
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby edwardt1988 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:08 pm

So are we thinking the wave is this week or next?

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby SteelPenguin » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:12 pm

edwardt1988 wrote:So are we thinking the wave is this week or next?


Last year it was the 4th week, right? I don't think they'd be running ahead of schedule this year.

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby gbelle » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:12 pm

edwardt1988 wrote:So are we thinking the wave is this week or next?


I'd bet next at earliest

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:12 pm

t-14orbust wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:I just found myself looking at the decision date graph for the first time in a while and wow, I didn't realize how truly massive that first wave in January is.


Also on that note--a friend told me that Columbia releases scholarship info with the decision. Is that the case? (Too lazy to research.)


yup


Oh nice, that's exciting. I wish they all did that. Although that probably accounts for the later timing on their decisions, so idk which I prefer.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:13 pm

SteelPenguin wrote:
edwardt1988 wrote:So are we thinking the wave is this week or next?


Last year it was the 4th week, right? I don't think they'd be running ahead of schedule this year.


Yeah, this week is highly unlikely based on historical patterns. It probably won't be next week either.

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bbkk » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:55 pm

Apps in! :D

edwardt1988
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby edwardt1988 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:01 pm

Graph read fail. Thought it was during the third week last yr that they released decisions. Ignore me everyone, nothing to see here!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”