NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How many optional essays did you write

0: I'm lazy/none of them interested me
230
61%
1: One really fit my needs
93
25%
2: Couldn't have just one
39
10%
3-6: Neurosis levels.. rising..
7
2%
7: I am an actual crazy person
9
2%
 
Total votes: 378

btmoney84
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:25 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby btmoney84 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:53 pm

I sent mine in on 10/17 and my status checker just changed to "Decision letter sent".

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby applelover » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:55 pm

Oh and RDs only lol.

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby applelover » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:55 pm

btmoney84 wrote:I sent mine in on 10/17 and my status checker just changed to "Decision letter sent".

Are you RD?

User avatar
esypsylmnsqsy
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:02 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby esypsylmnsqsy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:55 pm

DLS! Applied early September, had been UR since October 11th. ED.

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2195
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby jingosaur » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:56 pm

applelover wrote:When someone who sent after 10/15 sees his/her status checker change, please post here so I can officially begin freaking out.


btmoney84 wrote:I sent mine in on 10/17 and my status checker just changed to "Decision letter sent".


You have my permission to freak out. [Insert Bane meme here]

From last cycle, it looks like they sent the first wave of acceptances over a week or two.

btmoney84
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:25 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby btmoney84 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:56 pm

applelover wrote:
btmoney84 wrote:I sent mine in on 10/17 and my status checker just changed to "Decision letter sent".

Are you RD?

Yeah.

stickershocked
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:17 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby stickershocked » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:56 pm

applelover wrote:When someone who sent after 10/15 sees his/her status checker change, please post here so I can officially begin freaking out.


Edit: sorry not RD.
Last edited by stickershocked on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:57 pm

Hurm, no change for me. I'm gonna call to make sure my app is actually complete. Last time I talked to them they hadn't received my dean's certification, but that was back in October.

User avatar
UnicornHunter
Posts: 13415
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 9:16 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby UnicornHunter » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:58 pm

DLS, 173/3.3x, RD, Sent in September, complete in Oct.

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby phillywc » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:58 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Hurm, no change for me. I'm gonna call to make sure my app is actually complete. Last time I talked to them they hadn't received my dean's certification, but that was back in October.

no stop they are sending letters dont interrupt

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby applelover » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:59 pm

Still under review :cry: :cry: :cry:

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby applelover » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:00 pm

btmoney84 wrote:
applelover wrote:
btmoney84 wrote:I sent mine in on 10/17 and my status checker just changed to "Decision letter sent".

Are you RD?

Yeah.

Okay 1 RD after 10/15. Thank you and congrats! Any more??? Philly and I need to know :shock:

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby phillywc » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:01 pm

applelover wrote:
btmoney84 wrote:
applelover wrote:
btmoney84 wrote:I sent mine in on 10/17 and my status checker just changed to "Decision letter sent".

Are you RD?

Yeah.

Okay 1 RD after 10/15. Thank you and congrats! Any more??? Philly and I need to know :shock:

Apple and I think you and I are going to become good friends over shared neurosis. And early but not EARLY application dates.

User avatar
oxie
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:51 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby oxie » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:27 pm

Decision letter sent!!! Submitted RD 9/19, complete 9/26, under review 10/10

This feels very cart-before-the-horse, but just thought I'd ask: does anyone know if NYU usually makes scholarship awards with the initial decision or do those come later?

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby lastsamurai » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:28 pm

Whoa - decision letter sent!!! I had no updates after going under review (10/22), so I guess we'll see what that means! It's also definitely trickling...I checked as soon as people said they had status updates, but mine changed probably within the last 20 minutes.

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby phillywc » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:34 pm

lastsamurai wrote:Whoa - decision letter sent!!! I had no updates after going under review (10/22), so I guess we'll see what that means! It's also definitely trickling...I checked as soon as people said they had status updates, but mine changed probably within the last 20 minutes.

ahhhh we are within 10 days of my date


i am dying someone please send help

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:36 pm

Last status date is 9/23 (under review). Admissions office confirmed they have all my components. I know it's early to start worrying, but.. I'm worrying.

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3094
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Lavitz » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:36 pm

oxie wrote:Decision letter sent!!! Submitted RD 9/19, complete 9/26, under review 10/10

This feels very cart-before-the-horse, but just thought I'd ask: does anyone know if NYU usually makes scholarship awards with the initial decision or do those come later?

Later.

Also, I'm sure you're all in. Congrats!

YOu should have access to the admitted students site soon. And they'll probably call you later or tomorrow.

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby neprep » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:42 pm

Ugh, reading all this makes me feel that my 11/18 submit date was super late.

linkx13
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:27 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby linkx13 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:43 pm

Does NYU update at any time of the day?

User avatar
Pishee77
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:14 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Pishee77 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:45 pm

neprep wrote:Ugh, reading all this makes me feel that my 11/18 submit date was super late.

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby gbelle » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:45 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Last status date is 9/23 (under review). Admissions office confirmed they have all my components. I know it's early to start worrying, but.. I'm worrying.


Try not to. NYU gets what, 10000 applicants per year? And it's not like the admissions office has contracted out some elf workshop to process every application.

At least, that's what I'm trying to tell myself.

User avatar
Let It Roll
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 12:52 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Let It Roll » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:46 pm

DLS!

Submitted: Mid September
UR1: Late September
UR2: 10/10

I had a feeling we'd get DLS today. :D

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:47 pm

gbelle wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Last status date is 9/23 (under review). Admissions office confirmed they have all my components. I know it's early to start worrying, but.. I'm worrying.


Try not to. NYU gets what, 10000 applicants per year? And it's not like the admissions office has contracted out some elf workshop to process every application.

At least, that's what I'm trying to tell myself.


Thanks. I'm trying to tell myself not to freak out, but between this and the radio silence from UVA and UMichigan (who have both been giving out acceptances), I'm starting to go into OMG, I'm not getting in anywhere panic mode.

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby gbelle » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:48 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
gbelle wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Last status date is 9/23 (under review). Admissions office confirmed they have all my components. I know it's early to start worrying, but.. I'm worrying.


Try not to. NYU gets what, 10000 applicants per year? And it's not like the admissions office has contracted out some elf workshop to process every application.

At least, that's what I'm trying to tell myself.


Thanks. I'm trying to tell myself not to freak out, but between this and the radio silence from UVA and UMichigan (who have both been giving out acceptances), I'm starting to go into OMG, I'm not getting in anywhere panic mode.


Um ya. I'm right there with you. Oh and, that whole 10 day wait thing after going UR at Duke? Oh.. not me, i'm still UR from October.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JazzyMac, Kaziende, Keilz and 18 guests