NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How many optional essays did you write

0: I'm lazy/none of them interested me
230
61%
1: One really fit my needs
93
25%
2: Couldn't have just one
39
10%
3-6: Neurosis levels.. rising..
7
2%
7: I am an actual crazy person
9
2%
 
Total votes: 378

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby gbelle » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:44 pm

The one time I'm happy to be under review since 2013.

User avatar
aboutmydaylight
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby aboutmydaylight » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:44 pm

No one's reported an acceptance right?

groovy20
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:46 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby groovy20 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:48 pm

DLS today but have a 4/15 date...

User avatar
vivala
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:34 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby vivala » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:53 pm

Have all of the recent DLS w/o an email tried the ASW?

User avatar
aboutmydaylight
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby aboutmydaylight » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:56 pm

vivala wrote:Have all of the recent DLS w/o an email tried the ASW?

Tried it, no go.

drevo
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:49 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby drevo » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:06 pm

aboutmydaylight wrote:
vivala wrote:Have all of the recent DLS w/o an email tried the ASW?

Tried it, no go.


FWIW, when I went DLS it took until the next day to be able to log into the ASW. The call also came the the day after DLS. I believe this was the case for everyone (at least on TLS) in that batch. So don't stress too hard on the ASW login!

groovy20
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:46 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby groovy20 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:16 pm

drevo wrote:
aboutmydaylight wrote:
vivala wrote:Have all of the recent DLS w/o an email tried the ASW?

Tried it, no go.


FWIW, when I went DLS it took until the next day to be able to log into the ASW. The call also came the the day after DLS. I believe this was the case for everyone (at least on TLS) in that batch. So don't stress too hard on the ASW login!


Sorry to repeat the question. Are there lapses between a DLS and a ding? Or do dings and DLSs occur at the same time?

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:20 pm

groovy20 wrote:
drevo wrote:
aboutmydaylight wrote:
vivala wrote:Have all of the recent DLS w/o an email tried the ASW?

Tried it, no go.


FWIW, when I went DLS it took until the next day to be able to log into the ASW. The call also came the the day after DLS. I believe this was the case for everyone (at least on TLS) in that batch. So don't stress too hard on the ASW login!


Sorry to repeat the question. Are there lapses between a DLS and a ding? Or do dings and DLSs occur at the same time?


DLS just means a decision has been made, it could be any decision. You just have to wait for the email (or call/logging into ASW if accepted).

heyhowareyou
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby heyhowareyou » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:57 pm

(deleted)
Last edited by heyhowareyou on Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby KanyeShrug » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:23 pm

Still at 12/24 :roll:

User avatar
capt_slow
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:08 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby capt_slow » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:29 pm

I am still UR... So sad... Maybe tomorrow

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby SteelPenguin » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:42 am

DLS 4/18...

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:55 am

SteelPenguin wrote:DLS 4/18...


: /

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby SteelPenguin » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:32 am

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
SteelPenguin wrote:DLS 4/18...


: /


: |

User avatar
anyriotgirl
Posts: 7530
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:54 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby anyriotgirl » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:02 am

KanyeShrug wrote:Still at 12/24 :roll:


still UR from around then too

tsoprano
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:35 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby tsoprano » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:29 am

anyriotgirl wrote:
KanyeShrug wrote:Still at 12/24 :roll:


still UR from around then too


Still UR1 10/30! Will today be the day...?

lawschool2014hopeful
Posts: 554
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:48 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby lawschool2014hopeful » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:30 am

Was probably in the DLS wave yesterday, didnt check.

WL Email today.

UR1 2/18 or something like that.

Going to withdraw.

zhcrobert
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 9:52 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby zhcrobert » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:34 am

Received the WL email. going to withdraw.

tsoprano
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:35 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby tsoprano » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:35 am

aboutmydaylight wrote:No one's reported an acceptance right?


Maybe it's wishful thinking, but is there any chance of acceptance for those of us who haven't heard yet? From LSN (if I'm reading it correctly), it looks like they didn't accept anyone this late in the game the past few cycles...

groovy20
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:46 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby groovy20 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:50 am

Just received the waitlist e-mail.
1/09 --> DLS 4/15
Reverse splitter. PM for details.

User avatar
vivala
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:34 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby vivala » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:21 am

How many no decisions do we have left?

RC0925
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:53 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby RC0925 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:34 am

Just got the WL email too. UR1 around 2/15

Not sure what to do

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby mandyjay11 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:45 am

1/15 and I don't have a decision

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby koalacity » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:46 am

SteelPenguin wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
SteelPenguin wrote:DLS 4/18...


: /


: |

: / what news, SP?

User avatar
PB&J.D.
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:54 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby PB&J.D. » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:00 pm

UR 3/10, waitlisted 4/17




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”