NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How many optional essays did you write

0: I'm lazy/none of them interested me
61%
1: One really fit my needs
25%
2: Couldn't have just one
10%
3-6: Neurosis levels.. rising..
2%
7: I am an actual crazy person
2%

Total votes: 378

mirroroferised7

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby mirroroferised7 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:04 pm

jjmaple8 wrote:This particular wave is giving so much anxiety; I might pass out.

Sorry to all the WLer's today :(

Dude, I'm WAAAAYYY more sorry for you. I'll pour one out for you tonight when I celebrate.

jayausi

Postby jayausi » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:05 pm

ZipWhenSheMoves wrote:
mirroroferised7 wrote:So... I checked my status checker this morning (like the Stockholm Syndrome victim I am), and I was still UR1 11/8.

Checked today, and it says "DLS 4/11/2014"
Uhhhhh... No email yet, and can't log into ASW.

Fuck this.

Yuuuup, welcome to our club. It appears we're a different group than the people who've just received waitlist emails, who have DLS 4/13. Of course I've been thinking I'm also a waitlist, so the distinction may mean nothing. But no email/call/ASW success over here.

I'm in both this club and the WL one. Was UR1 since 10/15 until my status changed this afternoon to DLS sent 4/11. Starting a new club, if anyone wants to join: Withdrawn.

jjmaple8

Postby jjmaple8 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:06 pm

mirroroferised7 wrote:
jjmaple8 wrote:This particular wave is giving so much anxiety; I might pass out.

Dude, I'm WAAAAYYY more sorry for you. I'll pour one out for you tonight when I celebrate.

I've refreshed the status checker about 50 times today and have written about two sentences of a big memo I was supposed to send out today.

*breathing intensifies*

ZipWhenSheMoves

Postby ZipWhenSheMoves » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:06 pm

jayausi wrote:
ZipWhenSheMoves wrote:
mirroroferised7 wrote:So... I checked my status checker this morning (like the Stockholm Syndrome victim I am), and I was still UR1 11/8.

Checked today, and it says "DLS 4/11/2014"
Uhhhhh... No email yet, and can't log into ASW.

Fuck this.

Yuuuup, welcome to our club. It appears we're a different group than the people who've just received waitlist emails, who have DLS 4/13. Of course I've been thinking I'm also a waitlist, so the distinction may mean nothing. But no email/call/ASW success over here.

I'm in both this club and the WL one. Was UR1 since 10/15 until my status changed this afternoon to DLS sent 4/11. Starting a new club, if anyone wants to join: Withdrawn.

That sounds like the best club

theotherone823

Postby theotherone823 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:07 pm

Just got the email - WL

MT Cicero

Postby MT Cicero » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:07 pm

Waitlist!

Actually thought I'd be a straight-up ding, so this isn't terrible news for me. Data:

-Submitted late Sep, UR1 10/10, DLS today
-WL email came in at 4:57PM EDT
-I'm <25th GPA & >75th LSAT

Feel free to ask if you want any other info!

msdiiva

Postby msdiiva » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:08 pm

jjmaple8 wrote:
mirroroferised7 wrote:

I've refreshed the status checker about 50 times today and have written about two sentences of a big memo I was supposed to send out today.

*breathing intensifies*

And I'm definitely in this club. My coworker says he's seen the status checker on my screen more than anything else... :\

jjmaple8

Postby jjmaple8 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:15 pm

msdiiva wrote:
jjmaple8 wrote:
mirroroferised7 wrote:

*breathing intensifies*

And I'm definitely in this club. My coworker says he's seen the status checker on my screen more than anything else... :\

I hope I get in...cuz I'm probably gonna get fired if this keeps up :shock: :?

KanyeShrug

Postby KanyeShrug » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:17 pm

12/24er here. Sorry about all the WLs. Damn.

I just don't get it. I thought it was bad to not have an update this late, but now it's good? Or is NYU just so evil that they would have you wait 4+ months and then ding you? I don't know what to make of it.

#GlassCaseOfEmotion

jjmaple8

Postby jjmaple8 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:18 pm

Is...is it over?

californiauser

Postby californiauser » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:20 pm

under review since October...still alive

msdiiva

Postby msdiiva » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:40 pm

KanyeShrug wrote:12/24er here. Sorry about all the WLs. Damn.

I just don't get it. I thought it was bad to not have an update this late, but now it's good? Or is NYU just so evil that they would have you wait 4+ months and then ding you? I don't know what to make of it.

#GlassCaseOfEmotion

how i feel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U3Oti2L8S4#t=347

...atleast for now.

Vexed

Postby Vexed » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:53 pm

2/3 still alive... if it really means that.

mulhollanddrive

Postby mulhollanddrive » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:47 pm

Sorry to hear about these waitlists, especially for those who have waited such a long time like me. Still no status changes over here. I am still UR 1 from early December 2013...

Woodstocksock

Postby Woodstocksock » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:39 pm

mulhollanddrive wrote:Sorry to hear about these waitlists, especially for those who have waited such a long time like me. Still no status changes over here. I am still UR 1 from early December 2013...

Same. I must admit, I'm disappointed in NYU. They were one of my top choices, but the total lack of communication on their part has seemed a bit...well, rude. I understand that they receive a large number of competitive applications, and I sympathize with their difficult task of constructing a class, but every other school has either notified me of my application decision or kept me up-to-date on my application status. It's now the middle of April. We paid an application fee for them to process our applications, and we deserve resolution.

I have decided that I will not attend NYU regardless of my application outcome, largely due to this lack of communication. I feel that I wasted my application fee. I wish I could get it refunded.

mulhollanddrive

Postby mulhollanddrive » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:28 pm

Woodstocksock wrote:
mulhollanddrive wrote:Sorry to hear about these waitlists, especially for those who have waited such a long time like me. Still no status changes over here. I am still UR 1 from early December 2013...

Same. I must admit, I'm disappointed in NYU. They were one of my top choices, but the total lack of communication on their part has seemed a bit...well, rude. I understand that they receive a large number of competitive applications, and I sympathize with their difficult task of constructing a class, but every other school has either notified me of my application decision or kept me up-to-date on my application status. It's now the middle of April. We paid an application fee for them to process our applications, and we deserve resolution.

I have decided that I will not attend NYU regardless of my application outcome, largely due to this lack of communication. I feel that I wasted my application fee. I wish I could get it refunded.

I feel the same way. The worst part is that I really want to get a one year deferment, and NYU's lack of response has prevented me from submitting a request and depositing at other schools, especially UVA. It is already mid April and I am very worried that this waiting game could lessen the chances of my being granted a deferral from these other schools. I really have to send in this request ASAP and may have to take NYU off the table before the end of this week. Imagine what a shame it would be if they actually ended up accepting me later on.

While we are on the subject, does anyone have any idea if now is considered relatively 'late' to be asking schools for a one year deferment, (particularly from a school like UVA)? Or is about now generally a safe time to be requesting one, since it is before all that waitlist movement begins in May?

krnpridejk

Postby krnpridejk » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:36 pm

Woodstocksock wrote:

UR1 since 1/15, and still no answer..
Wow, completely agreed about the disappointment at NYU's utter lack of communication and slow decisions. I'm afraid I can't say I won't attend NYU regardless of outcome though, as it's def. the most high-ranked school im waiting for, and my dream school since tooo long ago... but I can say NYU's become less of fantasy for me as well.

Woodstockstock, I'm sorry, but can you please, if you haven't already, withdraw ur application from NYU asap, if you are really sure ur not going to attend regardless of the outcome, so as to open up one more spot for us waiters?
Thanks! And good luck to rest of your applications/waitlists, if you have any left ur still waiting on! ;)

rigoding

Postby rigoding » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:40 pm

I wish I was wrong, but based on last year's thread, it looks like it's just WL's and dings from here on out, no?

gbelle

Postby gbelle » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:58 am

rigoding wrote:I wish I was wrong, but based on last year's thread, it looks like it's just WL's and dings from here on out, no?

It does appear to be the case.

However, this year seems to be a little different than last cycle. Overall, decisions seem to be rather slow this year, so I´m going to hold out hope that there might be one last little batch.

Oh pulease let me in.

groovy20

Postby groovy20 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:59 am

gbelle wrote:
rigoding wrote:I wish I was wrong, but based on last year's thread, it looks like it's just WL's and dings from here on out, no?

It does appear to be the case.

However, this year seems to be a little different than last cycle. Overall, decisions seem to be rather slow this year, so I´m going to hold out hope that there might be one last little batch.

Oh pulease let me in.

+1

rb1130

Postby rb1130 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:27 am

dls. in the future. 04/16/14.

NapoleonXV

Postby NapoleonXV » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:32 am

finally dls .... 16/04/14

More than six months of UR2!

bincognito

Postby bincognito » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:36 am

Does 4/16 mean we won't know until tomorrow?

rb1130

Postby rb1130 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:38 am

bincognito wrote:Does 4/16 mean we won't know until tomorrow?

no idea. yesterday people were going dls in the past (04/11). so who knows?

rigoding

Postby rigoding » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:39 am

DLS 4/16. 99.99% expecting WL, though

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”