NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How many optional essays did you write

0: I'm lazy/none of them interested me
230
61%
1: One really fit my needs
93
25%
2: Couldn't have just one
39
10%
3-6: Neurosis levels.. rising..
7
2%
7: I am an actual crazy person
9
2%
 
Total votes: 378

jjmaple8
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:00 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby jjmaple8 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:46 pm

capt_slow wrote:
Seoulless wrote:Had no clue. Don't assume I knew. Sorry to the dings.


That seemed a little mean... Oh well...


"soulless" even? hahaha gosh I kill me.

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby thechancellor » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:27 pm

jjmaple8 wrote:
groovy20 wrote:
capt_slow wrote:The admissions office said all pending decisions will be rendered by the end of April and that is all they would.


Does that suggest everyone who is still standing has, at the very least, a slight chance? I can't imagine they are holding onto applications from Nov/Dec/Jan to just ding them? (Perhaps this is just my wishful thinking though.)


Disclaimer: baseless speculation

I would say yes. I think it's apparent that we aren't top priority or particularly desired, but it really makes no sense for them to hold on to our applications when ding waves have recently occurred. I see it as a sort of "unspoken hold," which is better than nothing I guess?


Disclaimer: I haven't checked this at all

but I think it had been bandied about that NYU releases the majority of its WL all at once in April? sorry guys, but if I had to guess I'd say thats where those of us who have been UR for 4 months or more are headed.

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:38 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby JustHawkin » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:55 am

I had a dream last night that my NYU status checker changed after three months of waiting.

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby thechancellor » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:13 am

PourMeTea wrote:
alex.cm wrote:
Disclaimer: I haven't checked this at all

but I think it had been bandied about that NYU releases the majority of its WL all at once in April? sorry guys, but if I had to guess I'd say thats where those of us who have been UR for 4 months or more are headed.


This is also baseless speculation, yes?

T, pookie, if there's anything I'm good at it's baseless speculation

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby jk148706 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:36 am

alex.cm wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:
alex.cm wrote:
Disclaimer: I haven't checked this at all

but I think it had been bandied about that NYU releases the majority of its WL all at once in April? sorry guys, but if I had to guess I'd say thats where those of us who have been UR for 4 months or more are headed.


This is also baseless speculation, yes?

T, pookie, if there's anything I'm good at it's baseless speculation


That's weird bc there is so little baseless speculation on TLS. you must be the only one

User avatar
cron1834
Posts: 1920
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:36 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby cron1834 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:06 am

jk148706 wrote:
alex.cm wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:
alex.cm wrote:
Disclaimer: I haven't checked this at all

but I think it had been bandied about that NYU releases the majority of its WL all at once in April? sorry guys, but if I had to guess I'd say thats where those of us who have been UR for 4 months or more are headed.


This is also baseless speculation, yes?

T, pookie, if there's anything I'm good at it's baseless speculation


That's weird bc there is so little baseless speculation on TLS. you must be the only one


SCROLL UP, HTH

(for pourmetea)

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:24 am

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby NoDayButToday » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:28 am

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:36 am

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby thechancellor » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:47 pm

jk148706 wrote:
alex.cm wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:
alex.cm wrote:
Disclaimer: I haven't checked this at all

but I think it had been bandied about that NYU releases the majority of its WL all at once in April? sorry guys, but if I had to guess I'd say thats where those of us who have been UR for 4 months or more are headed.


This is also baseless speculation, yes?

T, pookie, if there's anything I'm good at it's baseless speculation


That's weird bc there is so little baseless speculation on TLS. you must be the only one

What can I say? I like standing out of the crowd.

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby thechancellor » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:48 pm

PourMeTea wrote:
NoDayButToday wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:What is hth?


Hope this helps


I don't understand the use in this context. Anyways, 4/8 for me today


Shit, missed this on my first readthrough. I'm clutching my fainting salts.

User avatar
retaking23
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby retaking23 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:59 pm

Is anyone else 2/28 UR?

heyhowareyou
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby heyhowareyou » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:31 pm

deleted
Last edited by heyhowareyou on Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
aboutmydaylight
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby aboutmydaylight » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:48 pm

retaking23 wrote:Is anyone else 2/28 UR?


2/8 UR1. I don't know what they're doing. I'm not a complicated applicant.

User avatar
teampeeta
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby teampeeta » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:50 pm

aboutmydaylight wrote:
retaking23 wrote:Is anyone else 2/28 UR?


2/8 UR1. I don't know what they're doing. I'm not a complicated applicant.


In your case, I think it's YP. Lucky you're already in at H and S. So who needs NYU?

User avatar
aboutmydaylight
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby aboutmydaylight » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:52 pm

teampeeta wrote:
aboutmydaylight wrote:
retaking23 wrote:Is anyone else 2/28 UR?


2/8 UR1. I don't know what they're doing. I'm not a complicated applicant.


In your case, I think it's YP. Lucky you're already in at H and S. So who needs NYU?


Its not really fun having basically 0 options outside HS because no one will give you money/acceptances because they're so sure you aren't going...

User avatar
Slytherpuff
Posts: 2304
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Slytherpuff » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:55 pm

Who else out there is UR2 (any date)?

User avatar
vivala
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:34 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby vivala » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:57 pm

fkt18 wrote:Who else out there is UR2 (any date)?


I'm UR2 12/24

zhcrobert
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 9:52 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby zhcrobert » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:57 pm

fkt18 wrote:Who else out there is UR2 (any date)?

I am UR2 1/21...

User avatar
teampeeta
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby teampeeta » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:58 pm

aboutmydaylight wrote:
teampeeta wrote:
aboutmydaylight wrote:
retaking23 wrote:Is anyone else 2/28 UR?


2/8 UR1. I don't know what they're doing. I'm not a complicated applicant.


In your case, I think it's YP. Lucky you're already in at H and S. So who needs NYU?


Its not really fun having basically 0 options outside HS because no one will give you money/acceptances because they're so sure you aren't going...


I guess that's fair. Although I'd probably send in my commitment form to Stanford and keep it moving. Things could be a lot worse :D

jjmaple8
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:00 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby jjmaple8 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:06 pm

aboutmydaylight wrote:
teampeeta wrote:
aboutmydaylight wrote:
retaking23 wrote:Is anyone else 2/28 UR?


2/8 UR1. I don't know what they're doing. I'm not a complicated applicant.


In your case, I think it's YP. Lucky you're already in at H and S. So who needs NYU?


Its not really fun having basically 0 options outside HS because no one will give you money/acceptances because they're so sure you aren't going...


This is legitimately such an interesting and unfortunate situation (not sarcasm, I promise).

User avatar
aboutmydaylight
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby aboutmydaylight » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:09 pm

I guess I can't really complain much, but the no movement is ticking me off.

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby gbelle » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:50 pm

heyhowareyou wrote:Ugh another day is passing and still waiting on nyu and columbia...last two...most important two!
lets hope for decisions in the next 3h30m!!


100%

Sounds like someone else doesn't want to leave their life in New York....

User avatar
W$RKliveWELL
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 1:17 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby W$RKliveWELL » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:52 pm

gbelle wrote:
heyhowareyou wrote:Ugh another day is passing and still waiting on nyu and columbia...last two...most important two!
lets hope for decisions in the next 3h30m!!


100%

Sounds like someone else doesn't want to leave their life in New York....


make that 3 of us.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], RickyBunny, studyingeveryday and 20 guests