Page 138 of 157

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:12 pm
by aboutmydaylight
Anyone else still UR1 (2/8)?

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:13 pm
by Scvaz7
baloneydanza wrote:Just got the call. Submitted a day or two before the deadline. Thought I had submitted in mid-December but discovered, to my dismay, that I did not. Doubt I'll get much aid at this point, but maybe!

170, 3.9x, URM.


Congratulations! When was your last update on your status checker?

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:17 pm
by baloneydanza
Scvaz7 wrote:
baloneydanza wrote:Just got the call. Submitted a day or two before the deadline. Thought I had submitted in mid-December but discovered, to my dismay, that I did not. Doubt I'll get much aid at this point, but maybe!

170, 3.9x, URM.


Congratulations! When was your last update on your status checker?


No idea, sorry.

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:44 pm
by mt2165
aboutmydaylight wrote:Anyone else still UR1 (2/8)?


Yep. Considering sending a LOCI at this point.

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:48 pm
by lunchmeat
UR 1 2/10 as well

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:08 pm
by Chekhov'sGun
mt2165 wrote:
aboutmydaylight wrote:Anyone else still UR1 (2/8)?


Yep. Considering sending a LOCI at this point.


I've just accepted that I'll be UR1 for the rest of my life. My gravestone will read "NYU Law UR1 1/4/14" Might even splurge for a novelty license plate.

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:12 pm
by rackylo
Chekhov'sGun wrote:
mt2165 wrote:
aboutmydaylight wrote:Anyone else still UR1 (2/8)?


Yep. Considering sending a LOCI at this point.


I've just accepted that I'll be UR1 for the rest of my life. My gravestone will read "NYU Law UR1 1/4/14" Might even splurge for a novelty license plate.


UR1 11/22/13

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:37 pm
by kemosabe
Holding steady at 11/20 here.

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:46 am
by Wiggly
...

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:23 am
by Hahalollawl
Was anyone here Held ED? Is it possible they set aside my ED app and forgot about it...Or do they want to evaluate the WHOLE applicant pool before making a decision? Also, does anyone know if NYU put anyone who applied ED on the waitlist? Or do they just hold everyone they don't want to accept or reject ED? Thanks for any information!

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:06 am
by str8yolked
Hahalollawl wrote:Was anyone here Held ED? Is it possible they set aside my ED app and forgot about it...Or do they want to evaluate the WHOLE applicant pool before making a decision? Also, does anyone know if NYU put anyone who applied ED on the waitlist? Or do they just hold everyone they don't want to accept or reject ED? Thanks for any information!


When did you apply?

I'm pretty sure NYU does deferred ED -> RD. Not ED -> Held.

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:36 am
by Hahalollawl
str8yolked wrote:
Hahalollawl wrote:Was anyone here Held ED? Is it possible they set aside my ED app and forgot about it...Or do they want to evaluate the WHOLE applicant pool before making a decision? Also, does anyone know if NYU put anyone who applied ED on the waitlist? Or do they just hold everyone they don't want to accept or reject ED? Thanks for any information!


When did you apply?

I'm pretty sure NYU does deferred ED -> RD. Not ED -> Held.


Maybe I'm unclear on what "Held" means? I thought it meant that they would consider you with regular decision applicants? Or deferred. Whatever the word is lol. Basically I was ED and have been waiting for a decision. Anyways, does NYU ever waitlist people who do apply ED?

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:39 am
by anyriotgirl
JSWright101 wrote:
aboutmydaylight wrote:Anyone else still UR1 (2/8)?


I am. 1/13 UR1. I really don't know what I did but I don't think I'm getting in.


1/3/14. My numbers are pretty borderline, so I'm expecting WL, I just want them to do it already so I can stop checking my status checker.

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:52 am
by sweebez
I'm still under review since 12/10, applied back in november. I called them up to ask what their hold-up is, since everyone has gotten back to me with decisions/money, and they still havent made a decision on me. They said everyone should hear by 'late april' if they got their applications in on time, but I'm pretty much crossing them off my list unless I hear a yes with some seriously competitive money.

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:24 pm
by Lightworks
Same. NYU was either 1a or 1b for me back when I applied, but at this point -unless they give me an awfully generous scholarship- I'm through with them. No updates, no communication, no anything.

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:19 pm
by SteelPenguin
Lightworks wrote:Same. NYU was either 1a or 1b for me back when I applied, but at this point -unless they give me an awfully generous scholarship- I'm through with them. No updates, no communication, no anything.


I think it's worth mentioning that NYU Law is not the same thing as NYU Law Admissions.

Even if a school had the worst admissions department in the world, that shouldn't deter you from attending a school if it is otherwise a great fit.

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:39 pm
by cocobutterkisses
hey guys, random question, but if I'm addressing a letter to Associate Dean Kleinrock, should I call him that in the intro? Like, Dear Associate Dean Kleinrock, blah blah blah. Or should I just say Dear Dean Kleinrock? I don't want to call him the wrong thing, but the Assoicate Dean Kleinrock looks a bit clunky!

Thanks for any help :)

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:41 pm
by Mack.Hambleton
cocobutterkisses wrote:hey guys, random question, but if I'm addressing a letter to Associate Dean Kleinrock, should I call him that in the intro? Like, Dear Associate Dean Kleinrock, blah blah blah. Or should I just say Dear Dean Kleinrock? I don't want to call him the wrong thing, but the Assoicate Dean Kleinrock looks a bit clunky!

Thanks for any help :)


I think most people would do something like:

Dear Dean Kleinrock and members of the admissions committee,

blah blah blah

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:44 pm
by cocobutterkisses
james.bungles wrote:
cocobutterkisses wrote:hey guys, random question, but if I'm addressing a letter to Associate Dean Kleinrock, should I call him that in the intro? Like, Dear Associate Dean Kleinrock, blah blah blah. Or should I just say Dear Dean Kleinrock? I don't want to call him the wrong thing, but the Assoicate Dean Kleinrock looks a bit clunky!

Thanks for any help :)


I think most people would do something like:

Dear Dean Kleinrock and members of the admissions committee,

blah blah blah


thank you, gonna send that exactly!

*and hope he understands that blah blah blah is me offering my body for an admission.

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:10 pm
by willio
Just wanted to drop in to say it's been 203 days since I sent my application to NYU. It's my first choice and I thought I had competitive numbers.

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:53 pm
by phillywc
Stand strong, those who are still waiting. Trust me, it feels so much sweeter if you have been waiting several months.

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:50 pm
by jaydo
cocobutterkisses wrote:
james.bungles wrote:
cocobutterkisses wrote:hey guys, random question, but if I'm addressing a letter to Associate Dean Kleinrock, should I call him that in the intro? Like, Dear Associate Dean Kleinrock, blah blah blah. Or should I just say Dear Dean Kleinrock? I don't want to call him the wrong thing, but the Assoicate Dean Kleinrock looks a bit clunky!

Thanks for any help :)


I think most people would do something like:

Dear Dean Kleinrock and members of the admissions committee,

blah blah blah


thank you, gonna send that exactly!

*and hope he understands that blah blah blah is me offering my body for an admission.


Haha! Love that. And it makes the letter writing so much easier!

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:39 pm
by gbelle
phillywc wrote:Stand strong, those who are still waiting. Trust me, it feels so much sweeter if you have been waiting several months.


:D :D

Thanks philly!

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:51 pm
by Wiggly
...

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:50 pm
by wholahoop
As I sit here staring at my UR2 12/20 date, I've given up all hope. :(

I remember a couple of people a while back talking about how UR1 people have a good chance at being admitted in late-April??? I would say I'm definitely looking at the waitlist. :/