NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How many optional essays did you write

0: I'm lazy/none of them interested me
61%
1: One really fit my needs
24%
2: Couldn't have just one
11%
3-6: Neurosis levels.. rising..
2%
7: I am an actual crazy person
2%

Total votes: 380

carlmazurek

New

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Post by carlmazurek » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:06 pm

logicspeaks wrote:
carlmazurek wrote:
logicspeaks wrote:Sent 3/6
Complete ?
UR1 3/12

JUST got my status checker, I was beginning to get worried they would return my (late) app.

Let the games begin.
I was curious about this myself, as I didn't send mine in until March 1, and it's now said "Under Review" on the status tracker since March 5. Is this what counts as UR1, and does that mean they've accepted the application? Because I got an email the next day telling me that it would take a while for my application to be completed, so I'm a bit confused about where exactly I am in the process.

Apologies if last-minute people like me are the ones holding up everyone else's decisions!
Yeah it's UR1 and I think it's safe to assume they accepted your app.
Awesome. Thanks!

Hotfries26

New

Post by Hotfries26 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:12 pm

carlmazurek wrote:
logicspeaks wrote:
carlmazurek wrote:
logicspeaks wrote:Sent 3/6
Complete ?
UR1 3/12

JUST got my status checker, I was beginning to get worried they would return my (late) app.

Let the games begin.
I was curious about this myself, as I didn't send mine in until March 1, and it's now said "Under Review" on the status tracker since March 5. Is this what counts as UR1, and does that mean they've accepted the application? Because I got an email the next day telling me that it would take a while for my application to be completed, so I'm a bit confused about where exactly I am in the process.

Apologies if last-minute people like me are the ones holding up everyone else's decisions!
Yeah it's UR1 and I think it's safe to assume they accepted your app.
Awesome. Thanks!
I spoke to admissions and they told me that they're not actually checking who is submitting them late because of cancelled LSATs and they're going on the honors system and all apps before the March 10 deadline will be reviewed. Also I was complete and UR1 both on 3/6 and I'm really really impatient (although I guess it could be worse.. sorry to everyone waiting since the fall!)

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:24 am

Posting here for luck :lol: since 1.28 is my UR2 date and NYU has been silent since then.

SteelPenguin

Silver

Post by SteelPenguin » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:16 am

Hotfries26 wrote: I spoke to admissions and they told me that they're not actually checking who is submitting them late because of cancelled LSATs and they're going on the honors system and all apps before the March 10 deadline will be reviewed. Also I was complete and UR1 both on 3/6 and I'm really really impatient (although I guess it could be worse.. sorry to everyone waiting since the fall!)
:roll:

MT Cicero

Silver

Post by MT Cicero » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:31 am

SteelPenguin wrote:
Hotfries26 wrote: I spoke to admissions and they told me that they're not actually checking who is submitting them late because of cancelled LSATs and they're going on the honors system and all apps before the March 10 deadline will be reviewed. Also I was complete and UR1 both on 3/6 and I'm really really impatient (although I guess it could be worse.. sorry to everyone waiting since the fall!)
This was hilarious. I like the "I guess it could be worse" bit, referring to the 9 days since complete. Like someone looking up at the sky while playing golf at a gorgeous course & seeing a single cloud in an otherwise blue sky...then saying "eh, it could be worse."

Hotfries, I'm rooting for you since you seem quite nice though! Don't worry about offending myself, alex or Steel. Once you've gone months, a type of sarcastic euphoria develops.

And since I was sure I'd be an auto-ding, this is actually quite fun for me!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:46 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

futurelawstudent14

New

Post by futurelawstudent14 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:08 pm

I'm still UR2 from 10/25 - anybody else?
<25 LSAT; >75 GPA

Wiggly

Bronze

Post by Wiggly » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:38 pm

Last edited by Wiggly on Sun May 25, 2014 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:40 pm

futurelawstudent14 wrote:I'm still UR2 from 10/25 - anybody else?
<25 LSAT; >75 GPA
Similar stats but WOW that's an early UR2 date. Sorry to hear that. :(

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

thestatusguo

Bronze

Post by thestatusguo » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:46 pm

JSWright101 wrote:Still UR1 1/13....above 75ths on both. Weird cycle.
+1. Submitted in October. Went UR in October. Date change on 1/13. Been UR since. LSAT at around median, GPA above 75th.

SCREAM

New

Post by SCREAM » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:03 pm

I was so looking forward to some sort of resolution, but then NYU changed the status of my app from UR to "Application Being Processed."

A part of me would like to interpret the change as a good thing, but it sounds like a precursor to bad news or trouble. Is anyone out there familiar with this?

thechancellor

Silver

Post by thechancellor » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:16 pm

Soco Law wrote:
SteelPenguin wrote:
This was hilarious. I like the "I guess it could be worse" bit, referring to the 9 days since complete. Like someone looking up at the sky while playing golf at a gorgeous course & seeing a single cloud in an otherwise blue sky...then saying "eh, it could be worse."

Hotfries, I'm rooting for you since you seem quite nice though! Don't worry about offending myself, alex or Steel. Once you've gone months, a type of sarcastic euphoria develops.

I kind of want to mock you for this but it's definitely true.

EzraFitz

Silver

Post by EzraFitz » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:40 pm

alex.cm wrote:
Soco Law wrote:
SteelPenguin wrote:

Water off the back.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SteelPenguin

Silver

Post by SteelPenguin » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:53 pm

alex.cm wrote:
Soco Law wrote:
SteelPenguin wrote:

You're right.

thechancellor

Silver

Post by thechancellor » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:17 am

<25 LSAT; >75 GPA
Woah missed this post last night. This is the earliest date I can think of itt, esp. as UR2 instead of 1.

SteelPenguin

Silver

Post by SteelPenguin » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:39 am

alex.cm wrote:
<25 LSAT; >75 GPA
Woah missed this post last night. This is the earliest date I can think of itt, esp. as UR2 instead of 1.
That's insane and it makes me feel impatient.

angels2fly

Bronze

Post by angels2fly » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:56 am

Will they ever look at us again lol

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

thechancellor

Silver

Post by thechancellor » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:48 pm

SteelPenguin wrote:
alex.cm wrote:
<25 LSAT; >75 GPA
Don't worry. They've completely forgotten and we're never going to hear, so there's no point in worrying.

str8yolked

Bronze

Post by str8yolked » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:16 pm

Has anyone that was deferred ED to RD receive a decision yet?

Was I supposed to send a LOCI after getting deferred to RD?

futurelawstudent14

New

Post by futurelawstudent14 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:53 pm

Should I contact the school with an UR2 from 10/25 then? What could be the hold up with a decision?

mirroroferised7

Silver

Post by mirroroferised7 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:56 pm

alex.cm wrote:
SteelPenguin wrote:
alex.cm wrote:
<25 LSAT; >75 GPA
Don't worry. They've completely forgotten and we're never going to hear, so there's no point in worrying.
I am so right there with you. Given up worrying, because I'm not going to get an answer.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Hotfries26

New

Post by Hotfries26 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:46 pm

So I can't get into the status checker, every time I click "admissions" it says "page not found" do you think we all crashed it by refreshing too many times lololol??

mirroroferised7

Silver

Post by mirroroferised7 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:54 pm

Hotfries26 wrote:So I can't get into the status checker, every time I click "admissions" it says "page not found" do you think we all crashed it by refreshing too many times lololol??
:shock: :shock:
it's a sign!!

QUICK. Everyone, wildly speculate!!!

CookieDough

Bronze

Post by CookieDough » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:58 pm

mirroroferised7 wrote:
Hotfries26 wrote:So I can't get into the status checker, every time I click "admissions" it says "page not found" do you think we all crashed it by refreshing too many times lololol??
it's a sign!!

I bet it means they don't want the hassle of rejecting me so they deleted the status checker instead. :lol:

Hotfries26

New

Post by Hotfries26 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:01 pm

CookieDough wrote:
mirroroferised7 wrote:
it's a sign!!

I bet it means they don't want the hassle of rejecting me so they deleted the status checker instead. :lol:
The whole admissions page, actually. I guess they REALLLLY didn't want us. But in all seriousness, is everyone having this problem?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”