NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How many optional essays did you write

0: I'm lazy/none of them interested me
230
61%
1: One really fit my needs
93
25%
2: Couldn't have just one
39
10%
3-6: Neurosis levels.. rising..
7
2%
7: I am an actual crazy person
9
2%
 
Total votes: 378

Samsing
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:05 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Samsing » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:10 pm

alex.cm wrote:Dear diary,

It has now been 150 days since I went complete at NYU. I am beginning to doubt, diary. I am beginning to doubt.


Right there with you, although I'm at 130 days.

User avatar
Robbin Blue
Posts: 647
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 12:13 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Robbin Blue » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:14 pm

I need to respond about scholarships to other schools in about 2 weeks, this UR1 is getting really old.

carlmazurek
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby carlmazurek » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:29 pm

logicspeaks wrote:Sent 3/6
Complete ?
UR1 3/12

JUST got my status checker, I was beginning to get worried they would return my (late) app.

Let the games begin.


I was curious about this myself, as I didn't send mine in until March 1, and it's now said "Under Review" on the status tracker since March 5. Is this what counts as UR1, and does that mean they've accepted the application? Because I got an email the next day telling me that it would take a while for my application to be completed, so I'm a bit confused about where exactly I am in the process.

Apologies if last-minute people like me are the ones holding up everyone else's decisions!

User avatar
MT Cicero
Posts: 574
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby MT Cicero » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:16 pm

alex.cm wrote:Dear diary,

It has now been 150 168 days since I went complete at NYU. I am beginning to doubt, diary. I am beginning to doubt.


(154 since UR)

User avatar
Pishee77
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:14 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Pishee77 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:14 pm

NYU hates me and I don't know why. :(

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby thechancellor » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:07 am

Soco Law wrote:
alex.cm wrote:Dear diary,

It has now been 150 168 days since I went complete at NYU. I am beginning to doubt, diary. I am beginning to doubt.


(154 since UR)


You're right, that's UR. It's been (as of yesterday) 160 since submitted. HIGH FIVE BUDDY

heyhowareyou
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby heyhowareyou » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:13 am

deleted
Last edited by heyhowareyou on Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:31 am

heyhowareyou wrote:Let's hope for some decisions today!!


I think NYU almost always releases decisions on Tuesday/Wednesday, and there already were some this week, making it even less likely there would be decisions today.

Financial aid awards on the other hand....

User avatar
xoxo_gossipgirl
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:21 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby xoxo_gossipgirl » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:49 pm

Dinged via e-mail this morning.

No surprises--applied late and have sub-25th LSAT/GPA. Less than a month turnaround=auto-ding!

Good luck to you all!

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby SteelPenguin » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:52 pm

alex.cm wrote:
Soco Law wrote:
alex.cm wrote:Dear diary,

It has now been 150 168 days since I went complete at NYU. I am beginning to doubt, diary. I am beginning to doubt.


(154 since UR)


You're right, that's UR. It's been (as of yesterday) 160 since submitted. HIGH FIVE BUDDY


This inspired me to count my days since UR. You win? Or lose? I don't know what counts as "winning" here :(

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby SteelPenguin » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:52 pm

xoxo_gossipgirl wrote:Dinged via e-mail this morning.

No surprises--applied late and have sub-25th LSAT/GPA. Less than a month turnaround=auto-ding!

Good luck to you all!


Oh god, does this mean a ding wave is coming?

Sorry to hear that xoxo
Last edited by SteelPenguin on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:53 pm

SteelPenguin wrote:
xoxo_gossipgirl wrote:Dinged via e-mail this morning.

No surprises--applied late and have sub-25th LSAT/GPA. Less than a month turnaround=auto-ding!

Good luck to you all!


Oh god, is this the first ding?

Sorry to hear that xoxo


no, there have been a VERY FEW dings already

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby SteelPenguin » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:53 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
SteelPenguin wrote:
xoxo_gossipgirl wrote:Dinged via e-mail this morning.

No surprises--applied late and have sub-25th LSAT/GPA. Less than a month turnaround=auto-ding!

Good luck to you all!


Oh god, is this the first ding?

Sorry to hear that xoxo


no, there have been a VERY FEW dings already


Scooped before I could edit

User avatar
xoxo_gossipgirl
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:21 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby xoxo_gossipgirl » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:00 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
SteelPenguin wrote:
xoxo_gossipgirl wrote:Dinged via e-mail this morning.

No surprises--applied late and have sub-25th LSAT/GPA. Less than a month turnaround=auto-ding!

Good luck to you all!


Oh god, is this the first ding?

Sorry to hear that xoxo


no, there have been a VERY FEW dings already

Thanks for the condolences. :) But yeah, my numbers were not competitive, so I wouldn't take my ding as a sign of things to come.

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby SteelPenguin » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:02 pm

xoxo_gossipgirl wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
SteelPenguin wrote:
xoxo_gossipgirl wrote:Dinged via e-mail this morning.

No surprises--applied late and have sub-25th LSAT/GPA. Less than a month turnaround=auto-ding!

Good luck to you all!


Oh god, is this the first ding?

Sorry to hear that xoxo


no, there have been a VERY FEW dings already

Thanks for the condolences. :) But yeah, my numbers were not competitive, so I wouldn't take my ding as a sign of things to come.


Sounds like me with Harvard. I don't know if I ever went complete. I'm pretty sure it went from app received -> swiftly rejected within 48 hours.

sephrenia300
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:37 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby sephrenia300 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:55 pm

Walking to my night job on 14th and 2nd last night. Jaywalked directly behind a purple NYU bus. Just barely restrained myself from running after it, arms outstretched to hug the ass end of the bus yelling "NYU I LOOOOOOVVEE YOOOU!!!"

User avatar
logicspeaks
Posts: 204
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:38 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby logicspeaks » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:01 pm

carlmazurek wrote:
logicspeaks wrote:Sent 3/6
Complete ?
UR1 3/12

JUST got my status checker, I was beginning to get worried they would return my (late) app.

Let the games begin.


I was curious about this myself, as I didn't send mine in until March 1, and it's now said "Under Review" on the status tracker since March 5. Is this what counts as UR1, and does that mean they've accepted the application? Because I got an email the next day telling me that it would take a while for my application to be completed, so I'm a bit confused about where exactly I am in the process.

Apologies if last-minute people like me are the ones holding up everyone else's decisions!

Yeah it's UR1 and I think it's safe to assume they accepted your app.

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby thechancellor » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:51 pm

SteelPenguin wrote:
alex.cm wrote:
Soco Law wrote:
alex.cm wrote:Dear diary,

It has now been 150 168 days since I went complete at NYU. I am beginning to doubt, diary. I am beginning to doubt.


(154 since UR)


You're right, that's UR. It's been (as of yesterday) 160 since submitted. HIGH FIVE BUDDY


This inspired me to count my days since UR. You win? Or lose? I don't know what counts as "winning" here :(


I think "lose" is the right answer here. Also I want everyone to understand I did not count anything (I am not that good of a counter) I put 2 dates into a date counter website and it told me the answer.

User avatar
PhenomenalWoman
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:32 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby PhenomenalWoman » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:38 pm

Complete 2/11, UR 2 3/14.

User avatar
Vexed
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:55 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Vexed » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:04 pm

I would do terrible, terrible things to get into NYU at this point.

squee116
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:18 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby squee116 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:00 pm

I was sitting at UR since 12/14. I was just alerted that the decision letter was sent. (nail biter)

User avatar
rigoding
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:45 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby rigoding » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:18 pm

Vexed wrote:I would do terrible, terrible things to get into NYU at this point.


borderline evil things.

squee116
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:18 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby squee116 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:11 am

How would I try logging into the admitted students site?

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby drawstring » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:14 am

squee116 wrote:How would I try logging into the admitted students site?


There is usually a gap between DLS and being able to log in though.

https://its.law.nyu.edu/admitted/login/login.cfm?returnLink=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.law.nyu.edu%2Fadmittedstudents&appName=ADMITTED&dest=/drupal/authenticate/index.cfm

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby SteelPenguin » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:38 am

rigoding wrote:
Vexed wrote:I would do terrible, terrible things to get into NYU at this point.


borderline evil things.


Only borderline?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”