NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How many optional essays did you write

0: I'm lazy/none of them interested me
230
61%
1: One really fit my needs
93
25%
2: Couldn't have just one
39
10%
3-6: Neurosis levels.. rising..
7
2%
7: I am an actual crazy person
9
2%
 
Total votes: 378

User avatar
patfeeney
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby patfeeney » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:38 pm

scoobysnax wrote:
patfeeney wrote:I'm hoping this is the week NYU breaks my UR4 spell.

+1 except UR3

UR5

User avatar
scoobysnax
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:51 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby scoobysnax » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:23 pm

patfeeney wrote:
scoobysnax wrote:
patfeeney wrote:I'm hoping this is the week NYU breaks my UR4 spell.

+1 except UR3

UR5


Omg I didn't know this was possible. Based on last year, acceptances should be trickling out, but it looks like they decided against doing that :/

After myself, you are the #2 person I'm pulling for. Five date changes is just brutal.

thevolunteerstate
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:27 pm

Postby thevolunteerstate » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:06 pm

I
Last edited by thevolunteerstate on Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gungnir
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Gungnir » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:16 pm

gatorkristen wrote:I am sadly still under review from 1/3. NYU is my first choice, and this wait has been brutal. Best of luck to all the other waiters!


I hear ya, NYU is my #1 as well and I'm sitting at 12/28. I got a telemarketer call from a 212 number earlier today and almost lost it.

User avatar
patfeeney
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby patfeeney » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:28 pm

scoobysnax wrote:
patfeeney wrote:
scoobysnax wrote:
patfeeney wrote:I'm hoping this is the week NYU breaks my UR4 spell.

+1 except UR3

UR5


Omg I didn't know this was possible. Based on last year, acceptances should be trickling out, but it looks like they decided against doing that :/

After myself, you are the #2 person I'm pulling for. Five date changes is just brutal.


Oh, I was just joking. No date number 5. But could you imagine?

User avatar
patfeeney
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby patfeeney » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:28 pm

scoobysnax wrote:
patfeeney wrote:
scoobysnax wrote:
patfeeney wrote:I'm hoping this is the week NYU breaks my UR4 spell.

+1 except UR3

UR5


Omg I didn't know this was possible. Based on last year, acceptances should be trickling out, but it looks like they decided against doing that :/

After myself, you are the #2 person I'm pulling for. Five date changes is just brutal.


Oh, I was just joking. No date number 5. But could you imagine?

yraeizzy
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:54 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby yraeizzy » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:45 pm

Is it normal to be on UR1 since 1/3 ....i've had no movement since i applied...didnt think i applied THAT late in the game ...getting worried

Rangers5
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:24 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Rangers5 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:06 pm

I've been UR1 since 11/19, if they are going to waitlist or ding me I kind of wish they would just do it already... >75th LSAT <25th gpa

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby gbelle » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:22 pm

Gungnir wrote:
gatorkristen wrote:I am sadly still under review from 1/3. NYU is my first choice, and this wait has been brutal. Best of luck to all the other waiters!


I hear ya, NYU is my #1 as well and I'm sitting at 12/28. I got a telemarketer call from a 212 number earlier today and almost lost it.


gatorkristen wrote:I am sadly still under review from 1/3. NYU is my first choice, and this wait has been brutal. Best of luck to all the other waiters!


Good luck to you both, and hopefully we will all be having celebratory drinks in the village in no time.

User avatar
coolbean2013
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby coolbean2013 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:28 pm

gbelle wrote:
Gungnir wrote:
gatorkristen wrote:I am sadly still under review from 1/3. NYU is my first choice, and this wait has been brutal. Best of luck to all the other waiters!


I hear ya, NYU is my #1 as well and I'm sitting at 12/28. I got a telemarketer call from a 212 number earlier today and almost lost it.


gatorkristen wrote:I am sadly still under review from 1/3. NYU is my first choice, and this wait has been brutal. Best of luck to all the other waiters!


Good luck to you both, and hopefully we will all be having celebratory drinks in the village in no time.


+1

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:50 pm

Looking forward to celebratory drinks with all of you.

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby gbelle » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:09 pm

lawschool22 wrote:Looking forward to celebratory drinks with all of you.


Like!

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:07 am

lawschool22 wrote:Looking forward to celebratory drinks with all of you.


perhaps some gin and a cigar? :lol:

Wiggly
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:19 pm

...

Postby Wiggly » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:57 am

...
Last edited by Wiggly on Sun May 25, 2014 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
first_doom
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:05 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby first_doom » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:48 pm

DLS just now
Median LSAT, GPA > 75

I can't log into the Admitted Student site, so I'm a bit concerned... but hey I'll just neurotically wait around my phone/mailbox for a couple of days.

Anyway, good luck to anyone else who sees some movement today and to those still waiting!

User avatar
patfeeney
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby patfeeney » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:55 pm

I just got the DLS notification too. Oh jeez.

User avatar
Arrow4Christ
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Arrow4Christ » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:58 pm

Don't fret about ASW yet...it took me about three hours to gain access and apparently it takes until around 5PM Eastern sometimes. Good luck!

User avatar
Serett
Posts: 8813
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Serett » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:58 pm

I'm still UR at 12/31, which is probably a good sign for those of you going DLS :P

Good luck!

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby thechancellor » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:00 pm

Still UR 10/15. Genuinely starting to think my app fell behind someone's desk.

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby phillywc » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:02 pm

DLS.

Over 75th LSAT and 25th GPA. Submitted/first UR in October. Second UR Feb 14.

Oh god oh god oh god

User avatar
cesium
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby cesium » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:02 pm

For those of you just getting DLS now: Don't fret. You may not be able to log into the ASW until a few hours or even days later. And I got the NYU call around 5:30pm EST. I'm rooting for all of you!

californiauser
Posts: 1184
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:10 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby californiauser » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:05 pm

alex.cm wrote:Still UR 10/15. Genuinely starting to think my app fell behind someone's desk.


still here with ya

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:06 pm

phillywc wrote:DLS.

Over 75th LSAT and 25th GPA. Submitted/first UR in October. Second UR Feb 14.

Oh god oh god oh god


this better be good news
otherwise #nyuls2017 is dead to me

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby lawschool22 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:07 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
phillywc wrote:DLS.

Over 75th LSAT and 25th GPA. Submitted/first UR in October. Second UR Feb 14.

Oh god oh god oh god


this better be good news
otherwise #nyuls2017 is dead to me


+1,000,000

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby phillywc » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:08 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
phillywc wrote:DLS.

Over 75th LSAT and 25th GPA. Submitted/first UR in October. Second UR Feb 14.

Oh god oh god oh god


this better be good news
otherwise #nyuls2017 is dead to me


+1,000,000

i love you two




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”