NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How many optional essays did you write

0: I'm lazy/none of them interested me
230
61%
1: One really fit my needs
93
25%
2: Couldn't have just one
39
10%
3-6: Neurosis levels.. rising..
7
2%
7: I am an actual crazy person
9
2%
 
Total votes: 378

User avatar
chneyo
Posts: 410
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:46 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby chneyo » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:26 pm

...
Last edited by chneyo on Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jdapplicant
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:05 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby jdapplicant » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:29 pm

Power_of_Facing wrote:Hey gang! Anyone had any luck so far soliciting a travel stipend for ASW? Or does anyone know if there is even a standard process for doing so? Just shoot an email to the financial aid office?


My request for a travel stipend got denied, but I'm not sure about others. Email the admitted student email address. Message me if you need the email. I'm hesitant to post it ITT because of lurking adcoms.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:25 pm

jdapplicant wrote:
Power_of_Facing wrote:Hey gang! Anyone had any luck so far soliciting a travel stipend for ASW? Or does anyone know if there is even a standard process for doing so? Just shoot an email to the financial aid office?


My request for a travel stipend got denied, but I'm not sure about others. Email the admitted student email address. Message me if you need the email. I'm hesitant to post it ITT because of lurking adcoms.


You guys should probably talk about this in the c/o 2017 thread. Might get annoying to people still waiting. Just my two cents. :)

User avatar
vivala
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:34 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby vivala » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:52 pm

With a UR2 12/24...so hoping the held theory is correct. Otherwise I'm getting that WL I've been expecting for quite awhile.

Are any of the early URs semi-reverse splitters? It seems like almost everyone they've let in so far has a high LSAT.

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby thechancellor » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:09 pm

vivala wrote:With a UR2 12/24...so hoping the held theory is correct. Otherwise I'm getting that WL I've been expecting for quite awhile.

Are any of the early URs semi-reverse splitters? It seems like almost everyone they've let in so far has a high LSAT.


I'm 171 and 3.6, with 10/15 UR1 date. I've given up on speculation.

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby gbelle » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:30 pm

vivala wrote:With a UR2 12/24...so hoping the held theory is correct. Otherwise I'm getting that WL I've been expecting for quite awhile.

Are any of the early URs semi-reverse splitters? It seems like almost everyone they've let in so far has a high LSAT.


I think I might be a bit of a special snowflake since I'm under both 25ths..... But I know for a fact that they held my application to get a bigger picture of the applicant pool. Might be the case for yourself as well.

User avatar
inyoureyes89
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby inyoureyes89 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:49 pm

UR 2 2/3. Below 25th LSAT, at median GPA.
Shocked that I haven't been dinged yet-- hoping it's a good sign!

groovy20
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:46 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby groovy20 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:50 pm

gbelle wrote:
vivala wrote:With a UR2 12/24...so hoping the held theory is correct. Otherwise I'm getting that WL I've been expecting for quite awhile.

Are any of the early URs semi-reverse splitters? It seems like almost everyone they've let in so far has a high LSAT.


I think I might be a bit of a special snowflake since I'm under both 25ths..... But I know for a fact that they held my application to get a bigger picture of the applicant pool. Might be the case for yourself as well.


I am a reverse splitter with a few unique softs. However, I have only been UR since the second week of January. When was the last wave of dings?

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby gbelle » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:54 pm

groovy20 wrote:
gbelle wrote:
vivala wrote:With a UR2 12/24...so hoping the held theory is correct. Otherwise I'm getting that WL I've been expecting for quite awhile.

Are any of the early URs semi-reverse splitters? It seems like almost everyone they've let in so far has a high LSAT.


I think I might be a bit of a special snowflake since I'm under both 25ths..... But I know for a fact that they held my application to get a bigger picture of the applicant pool. Might be the case for yourself as well.


I am a reverse splitter with a few unique softs. However, I have only been UR since the second week of January. When was the last wave of dings?


I think a few have been trickling in. Check LSN. It's a great resource for that sort of thing.

tigress12
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:09 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby tigress12 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:43 am

Finally UR1 2/21.

Complete 1/9.

Anyone else get a status change yesterday?

anonymous092
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:42 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby anonymous092 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:20 am

Yes, I have the same dates! Complete 1/9, UR1 2/21.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby lawschool22 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:21 am

Just checking in to say that I am really pulling for everyone ITT.

Cml264
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:56 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Cml264 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:52 pm

Checking in! Submitted 2/1, gpa<25, lsat>75. UR2 since 2/12 and silence since :( ugh...

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby gbelle » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:00 pm

lawschool22 wrote:Just checking in to say that I am really pulling for everyone ITT.


This is my dream school in the best city in my most favorite neighborhood with the most amazing programs and faculty. I don't think I could want this any more badly.

All support and good wishes are very much appreciated. And I'm sending my own along to everyone still waiting. Especially those who were deferred in December...

User avatar
moopness
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby moopness » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:02 pm

gbelle wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:Just checking in to say that I am really pulling for everyone ITT.


This is my dream school in the best city in my most favorite neighborhood with the most amazing programs and faculty. I don't think I could want this any more badly.

All support and good wishes are very much appreciated. And I'm sending my own along to everyone still waiting. Especially those who were deferred in December...

Good luck gbelle! Really pulling for you!

edit: pulling for everyone ITT!

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby gbelle » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:22 am

moopness wrote:
gbelle wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:Just checking in to say that I am really pulling for everyone ITT.


This is my dream school in the best city in my most favorite neighborhood with the most amazing programs and faculty. I don't think I could want this any more badly.

All support and good wishes are very much appreciated. And I'm sending my own along to everyone still waiting. Especially those who were deferred in December...

Good luck gbelle! Really pulling for you!

edit: pulling for everyone ITT!



Aw shucks. Thanks!

GuyLafleur
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:59 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby GuyLafleur » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:25 pm

174/3.6 and been UR1 since first week of October

Expecting a WL/ding any day now

groovy20
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:46 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby groovy20 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:42 pm

A ding was being posted on LSN. Any confirmations of a wave?

jdc_in_dc
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:55 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby jdc_in_dc » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:15 pm

groovy20 wrote:A ding was being posted on LSN. Any confirmations of a wave?



yup dinged. Lower stats, but unique softs.

User avatar
ZipWhenSheMoves
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby ZipWhenSheMoves » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:17 pm

groovy20 wrote:A ding was being posted on LSN. Any confirmations of a wave?


I'm so excited to just hear something that this prospect actively excites me. C'mon NYU, I want my ding!

But no, still UR1 12/2.

User avatar
scoobysnax
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:51 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby scoobysnax » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:23 pm

jdc_in_dc wrote:
groovy20 wrote:A ding was being posted on LSN. Any confirmations of a wave?



yup dinged. Lower stats, but unique softs.


I'm sorry :( would you mind sharing your complete and UR dates?

User avatar
mac35352
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby mac35352 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:25 pm

Dinged via email. UR 1/30 and no change in status or date from first UR. Reverse splitter.
Good luck to everyone. NYU is awesome. Was a hell of a reach for me so I was expecting it.

jdc_in_dc
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:55 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby jdc_in_dc » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:25 pm

scoobysnax wrote:
jdc_in_dc wrote:
groovy20 wrote:A ding was being posted on LSN. Any confirmations of a wave?



yup dinged. Lower stats, but unique softs.


I'm sorry :( would you mind sharing your complete and UR dates?



Yup! Sorry, meant to do that originally. Submitted 1/21, UR1 1/22, UR2 2/10

User avatar
patfeeney
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby patfeeney » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:33 pm

I'm hoping this is the week NYU breaks my UR4 spell.

User avatar
scoobysnax
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:51 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby scoobysnax » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:37 pm

patfeeney wrote:I'm hoping this is the week NYU breaks my UR4 spell.

+1 except UR3




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, BACsop, lillawyer2, Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests