NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How many optional essays did you write

0: I'm lazy/none of them interested me
61%
1: One really fit my needs
25%
2: Couldn't have just one
10%
3-6: Neurosis levels.. rising..
2%
7: I am an actual crazy person
2%

Total votes: 378

CookieDough

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby CookieDough » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:11 pm

alex.cm wrote:
CookieDough wrote:
Sakari wrote:Checking in. Applied 2/12. UR 2/18. How does one tell they've had multiple URs? My dates appear to have changed in some apps, but I don't know if I'm just confusing them.

Maybe I'm just a crazy but I screenshot the status checkers when they change.

on the one hand, this sounds crazy.

on the other hand Ive changed my system 3 or 4 times and keep wishing i remembered information i didn't originally record, so, fair enough.

Ha yeah I just applied to too many schools and can't keep my dates straight. On the upside (? Sort of?) they don't change much so not too many pics :D

capt_slow

Postby capt_slow » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:10 am

lawschool22 wrote:
phillywc wrote:
CookieDough wrote:
Sakari wrote:Checking in. Applied 2/12. UR 2/18. How does one tell they've had multiple URs? My dates appear to have changed in some apps, but I don't know if I'm just confusing them.

Maybe I'm just a crazy but I screenshot the status checkers when they change.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/

Thanks for the link. Excel looks awesome! :D

Post of the year

Samsing

Postby Samsing » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:19 am

bincognito wrote:
twenty wrote:Still on 10/29 for the first UR.

Anyone else in a similar boat from that long ago?

Yes along with a few others

I'm 12/2 but I really feel for you guys. I thought I had it rough. Anyone else team 12/2?

orangec90

Postby orangec90 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:26 am

Samsing wrote:
bincognito wrote:

I'm 12/2 but I really feel for you guys. I thought I had it rough. Anyone else team 12/2?

And here I thought I was the only one...12/2, applied early Oct

scoobysnax

Postby scoobysnax » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:30 am

Based off of last year's cycle, it looks like those with early UR1 dates will start getting accepted soon.

If this year is like last year's cycle, this is what the next month and a half should look like:
-those with "typical" admit stats with early UR1 dates will start getting acceptances through mid-March (there was a big wave March 6&7)
-most rejections end of March (3/29 last year)
-waistlist early April
-those that get rejected between now and the big wave of rejections at the end of March tend to have ~<167 LSAT and/or <3.4 GPA

rigoding

Postby rigoding » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:57 am

orangec90 wrote:
Samsing wrote:
bincognito wrote:

And here I thought I was the only one...12/2, applied early Oct

Another 12/2 here. Applied late November

thechancellor

Postby thechancellor » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:52 am

scoobysnax wrote:Based off of last year's cycle, it looks like those with early UR1 dates will start getting accepted soon.

If this year is like last year's cycle, this is what the next month and a half should look like:
-those with "typical" admit stats with early UR1 dates will start getting acceptances through mid-March (there was a big wave March 6&7)
-waistlist early April
-those that get rejected between now and the big wave of rejections at the end of March tend to have ~<167 LSAT and/or <3.4 GPA

So my 10/15 UR1 date is a GOOD thing? Wow, this is news.

patfeeney

Postby patfeeney » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:55 am

alex.cm wrote:
scoobysnax wrote:Based off of last year's cycle, it looks like those with early UR1 dates will start getting accepted soon.

-waistlist early April

What does this say about those with UR4 dates?

bincognito

Postby bincognito » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:57 am

alex.cm wrote:

-waistlist early April

How did you figure this out scoobysnax?

orangec90

Postby orangec90 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:18 am

bincognito wrote:
alex.cm wrote:

-waistlist early April

Research on LSN probably. What the rest of us are too lazy to do! Thanks scoobysnax!

gbelle

Postby gbelle » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:22 am

Caved and submitted a LOCI....

Come on NYU, you know you're my number 1! Xoxo

mirroroferised7

Postby mirroroferised7 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:37 am

alex.cm wrote:

-waistlist early April

Heyo! 11/8 UR1 here! Let's get those acceptances going!

ZipWhenSheMoves

Postby ZipWhenSheMoves » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:47 am

So, as someone with UR1 12/2 who's very likely expecting a rejection...I may not hear until the end of March? That's ridiculous. Barely gives me enough time to send in my responses in time to all of my other schools. I can't believe they think this is a reasonable way to handle applications.

gbelle

Postby gbelle » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:55 am

ZipWhenSheMoves wrote:So, as someone with UR1 12/2 who's very likely expecting a rejection...I may not hear until the end of March? That's ridiculous. Barely gives me enough time to send in my responses in time to all of my other schools. I can't believe they think this is a reasonable way to handle applications.

Unreasonable, perhaps. Inconvenient, absolutely. Unfortunately, as applicants, we don't have any control over this process. The best approach is to remain as flexible as possible if this is one of your top choices.

I submitted back in October and am still waiting. Hopefully we will hear back with positive news soon!

thechancellor

Postby thechancellor » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:56 am

gbelle wrote:
ZipWhenSheMoves wrote:So, as someone with UR1 12/2 who's very likely expecting a rejection...I may not hear until the end of March? That's ridiculous. Barely gives me enough time to send in my responses in time to all of my other schools. I can't believe they think this is a reasonable way to handle applications.

Unreasonable, perhaps. Inconvenient, absolutely. Unfortunately, as applicants, we don't have any control over this process. The best approach is to remain as flexible as possible if this is one of your top choices.

I submitted back in October and am still waiting. Hopefully we will hear back with positive news soon!

eugh, why so logical and calm.

gbelle

Postby gbelle » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:09 pm

alex.cm wrote:
gbelle wrote:

eugh, why so logical and calm.

I'm on vacation. :wink:

scoobysnax

Postby scoobysnax » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:22 pm

orangec90 wrote:
bincognito wrote:
alex.cm wrote:

-waistlist early April

Research on LSN probably. What the rest of us are too lazy to do! Thanks scoobysnax!

Yup, I sorted through last cycle on LSN via decision dates. My theory is that those with early UR dates were held, and they're going through our apps this month. Now that they have a better idea of the applicant pool, a good bunch of us might get admitted!

bincognito

Postby bincognito » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:29 pm

scoobysnax wrote:Research on LSN probably. What the rest of us are too lazy to do! Thanks scoobysnax!

Yup, I sorted through last cycle on LSN via decision dates. My theory is that those with early UR dates were held, and they're going through our apps this month. Now that they have a better idea of the applicant pool, a good bunch of us might get admitted![/quote]

Thanks for doing all that and sharing the info!

love4life29

Postby love4life29 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:32 pm

Any RTK applicants heard anything?

barrelofmonkeys

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:34 pm

love4life29 wrote:Any RTK applicants heard anything?

To my knowledge, no. (Source: I have read 98% of this thread.)

Last year, interview invites came out toward the beginning/early-middle of March.

love4life29

Postby love4life29 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:01 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:

Last year, interview invites came out toward the beginning/early-middle of March.

Thanks!!

Power_of_Facing

Postby Power_of_Facing » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:30 pm

Hey gang! Anyone had any luck so far soliciting a travel stipend for ASW? Or does anyone know if there is even a standard process for doing so? Just shoot an email to the financial aid office?

thechancellor

Postby thechancellor » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:48 pm

scoobysnax wrote:

-waistlist early April

Yup, I sorted through last cycle on LSN via decision dates. My theory is that those with early UR dates were held, and they're going through our apps this month. Now that they have a better idea of the applicant pool, a good bunch of us might get admitted!

Thanks for sorting through this all, it really is reassuring/helpful! :)

chneyo

Postby chneyo » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:24 pm

Last edited by chneyo on Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barrelofmonkeys

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:24 pm

chneyo wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:

:lol:

I was going to say 100%, but I thought someone might call me on it.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”