NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How many optional essays did you write

0: I'm lazy/none of them interested me
230
61%
1: One really fit my needs
93
25%
2: Couldn't have just one
39
10%
3-6: Neurosis levels.. rising..
7
2%
7: I am an actual crazy person
9
2%
 
Total votes: 378

User avatar
yomisterd
Posts: 1556
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:52 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby yomisterd » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:52 am

OMG DLS as well. Logging into ASW (trying) atm.

EDIT: Complete 1/14. UR1 1/17. UR2 1/21.

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby bbkk » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:54 am

buffalo_ wrote:
bbkk wrote:
wealtheow wrote:
webbdp3 wrote:Yikes. DLS but I can't log into ASW. Is this a Ding?


on the what to expect thread, it says it can take 4/5 hours for asw access to kick in. i think.



Same here! DLS but can't log into ASW. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Maybe there's a time lag. Let's try later.


What are the dates of the people who are getting DLS today?

I was UR1 on 1/23 (but on the site it had a date of 1/17) then I stayed UR but had a date update 1/27. Should I expect to hear this week or next?


I submitted on 1/13, then UR1 on 1/14, and UR2 on 1/21

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby wealtheow » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:54 am

buffalo_ wrote:What are the dates of the people who are getting DLS today?

I was UR1 on 1/23 (but on the site it had a date of 1/17) then I stayed UR but had a date update 1/27. Should I expect to hear this week or next?


date twins. i think we may be getting ahead of ourselves :) personally, ill be shocked if i hear today.

EvMont
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:21 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby EvMont » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:57 am

bbkk wrote:
buffalo_ wrote:
What are the dates of the people who are getting DLS today?

I was UR1 on 1/23 (but on the site it had a date of 1/17) then I stayed UR but had a date update 1/27. Should I expect to hear this week or next?


I submitted on 1/13, then UR1 on 1/14, and UR2 on 1/21


Ditto.

User avatar
buffalo_
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:45 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby buffalo_ » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:58 am

wealtheow wrote:
buffalo_ wrote:What are the dates of the people who are getting DLS today?

I was UR1 on 1/23 (but on the site it had a date of 1/17) then I stayed UR but had a date update 1/27. Should I expect to hear this week or next?


date twins. i think we may be getting ahead of ourselves :) personally, ill be shocked if i hear today.


Dang, I didn't really want to wait another week.

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby wealtheow » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:59 am

buffalo_ wrote:
wealtheow wrote:
buffalo_ wrote:What are the dates of the people who are getting DLS today?

I was UR1 on 1/23 (but on the site it had a date of 1/17) then I stayed UR but had a date update 1/27. Should I expect to hear this week or next?


date twins. i think we may be getting ahead of ourselves :) personally, ill be shocked if i hear today.


Dang, I didn't really want to wait another week.


i'm bashing f5 regardless haha

webbdp3
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby webbdp3 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:01 pm

buffalo_ wrote:
bbkk wrote:
wealtheow wrote:
webbdp3 wrote:Yikes. DLS but I can't log into ASW. Is this a Ding?


on the what to expect thread, it says it can take 4/5 hours for asw access to kick in. i think.



Same here! DLS but can't log into ASW. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Maybe there's a time lag. Let's try later.


What are the dates of the people who are getting DLS today?

I was UR1 on 1/23 (but on the site it had a date of 1/17) then I stayed UR but had a date update 1/27. Should I expect to hear this week or next?


I submitted 1/10, UR1 1/13, UR2 1/21, DLS today. 170, 3.97 non URM

User avatar
canes14
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby canes14 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:05 pm

Has anyone gotten a next day turnaround? UR2 yesterday, and now I'm just sitting here, obsessively refreshing the status checker...

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby JustHawkin » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:05 pm

canes14 wrote:Has anyone gotten a next day turnaround? UR date updated yesterday, and now I'm just sitting here, obsessively refreshing the status checker...

I would probably wait until next week.

User avatar
canes14
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby canes14 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:06 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
canes14 wrote:Has anyone gotten a next day turnaround? UR date updated yesterday, and now I'm just sitting here, obsessively refreshing the status checker...

I would probably wait until next week.


this (slightly) helps with my anxiety

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby bbkk » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:11 pm

yomisterd wrote:OMG DLS as well. Logging into ASW (trying) atm.

EDIT: Complete 1/14. UR1 1/17. UR2 1/21.



Let me know when you get into ASW!

User avatar
caiti
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:46 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby caiti » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:14 pm

bbkk wrote:
yomisterd wrote:OMG DLS as well. Logging into ASW (trying) atm.

EDIT: Complete 1/14. UR1 1/17. UR2 1/21.



Let me know when you get into ASW!

so far the ASW hasn't started working until the late afternoon - could be until after 5 pm.

User avatar
Arrow4Christ
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Arrow4Christ » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:15 pm

Last week I got into ASW at around noon Eastern. Good luck, DLSers!

User avatar
yomisterd
Posts: 1556
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:52 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby yomisterd » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:41 pm

It seems like today is for UR2 on 1/21. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Supposed to be giving final exams in school, can barely focus...

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby gbelle » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:43 pm

Congrats to everyone! Really hoping for movement on my app. Deferred from Ed since 12/11. Le sigh

User avatar
lejabberwocky
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:15 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby lejabberwocky » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:45 pm

Status: Decision letter sent
Current Status Date: 1/29/2014

I submitted 1/9 and I think I went complete around 1/13 or 1/14?

This is some quick turn-around. Too bad we won't be getting regular mail due to the paltry amount of apocalyptic snow in our area...

User avatar
Serett
Posts: 8830
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Serett » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:52 pm

Still UR2 12/31. Hopefully it's just because of what looks to be a recent delay in results for those applying for named scholarships, but it could just as easily be a WL/ding. NYU's somewhat of a reach for me (Median LSAT, GPA around the 25th).

User avatar
yomisterd
Posts: 1556
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:52 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby yomisterd » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:53 pm

Serett wrote:Still UR2 12/31. Hopefully it's just because of what looks to be a recent delay in results for those applying for named scholarships, but it could just as easily be a WL/ding. NYU's somewhat of a reach for me (Median LSAT, GPA around the 25th).


Not to dash your dreams, but I applied for two named schollys and got DLS today.

zhcrobert
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 9:52 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby zhcrobert » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:53 pm

lejabberwocky wrote:Status: Decision letter sent
Current Status Date: 1/29/2014

I submitted 1/9 and I think I went complete around 1/13 or 1/14?

This is some quick turn-around. Too bad we won't be getting regular mail due to the paltry amount of apocalyptic snow in our area...

submitted the same day...went to complete 1/10, 1/21 UR2..... still no movement..... keeping f5 for a long time....

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby gbelle » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:59 pm

Serett wrote:Still UR2 12/31. Hopefully it's just because of what looks to be a recent delay in results for those applying for named scholarships, but it could just as easily be a WL/ding. NYU's somewhat of a reach for me (Median LSAT, GPA around the 25th).


Sounds like we might be in the same pile

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby JustHawkin » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:01 pm

zhcrobert wrote:
lejabberwocky wrote:Status: Decision letter sent
Current Status Date: 1/29/2014

I submitted 1/9 and I think I went complete around 1/13 or 1/14?

This is some quick turn-around. Too bad we won't be getting regular mail due to the paltry amount of apocalyptic snow in our area...

submitted the same day...went to complete 1/10, 1/21 UR2..... still no movement..... keeping f5 for a long time....

I'm with you, same dates and still UR2.

User avatar
sherealcool
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:01 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby sherealcool » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:02 pm

I'm UR2 1/21 and I haven't gone DLS. Numbers are 169/4.0 URM. Does this mean I'm a ding/WL? Should I start sad eating my way out of some KFC?

User avatar
lejabberwocky
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:15 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby lejabberwocky » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:03 pm

Is NYU's admissions process considered to be considerably different from that of other peer schools?

Also, for those of you who applied to scholarships, do you guys expect to hear back with the admissions letters or separately? Thanks for bearing with my questions -- relatively new to this forum (up til five minutes ago I didn't know about ASW...).

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby JustHawkin » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:06 pm

sherealcool wrote:I'm UR2 1/21 and I haven't gone DLS. Numbers are 169/4.0 URM. Does this mean I'm a ding/WL? Should I start sad eating my way out of some KFC?

I don't think so. Seems like most of us who are still stuck have pretty competitive numbers (I'm probably on the lower end) so I wouldn't be tapping out just yet!

User avatar
sherealcool
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:01 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby sherealcool » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:13 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
sherealcool wrote:I'm UR2 1/21 and I haven't gone DLS. Numbers are 169/4.0 URM. Does this mean I'm a ding/WL? Should I start sad eating my way out of some KFC?

I don't think so. Seems like most of us who are still stuck have pretty competitive numbers (I'm probably on the lower end) so I wouldn't be tapping out just yet!
F5 like no tomorrow!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”