NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How many optional essays did you write

0: I'm lazy/none of them interested me
230
61%
1: One really fit my needs
93
25%
2: Couldn't have just one
39
10%
3-6: Neurosis levels.. rising..
7
2%
7: I am an actual crazy person
9
2%
 
Total votes: 378

User avatar
okok
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:07 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby okok » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:07 pm

lawschool22 wrote:Enjoy!

NYU 2013 - 2014 Admissions Google Spreadsheet

Let me know what I can add to the analytics tab that would be helpful


these are pretty neat
thanks

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby gbelle » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:10 pm

lawschool22 wrote:Enjoy!

NYU 2013 - 2014 Admissions Google Spreadsheet

Let me know what I can add to the analytics tab that would be helpful


Damn! Nicely done!

User avatar
iamgeorgebush
Posts: 852
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby iamgeorgebush » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:10 pm

Very nicely done, okok. Looks pro.

Just curious though, aren't people worried that putting your states in spreadsheets like this will out you to adcoms?

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:11 pm

iamgeorgebush wrote:Very nicely done, okok. Looks pro.

Just curious though, aren't people worried that putting your states in spreadsheets like this will out you to adcoms?


I made it so you can literally put any name you want - doesn't need to be your username. Just something you'll remember so you can update.

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby 04102014 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:29 pm

Philly put the doc in the OP.

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby phillywc » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:54 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:Philly put the doc in the OP.

Don't tell me what to do

(was in the process)

fivestarfolds
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby fivestarfolds » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:58 pm

Alright!

A little UR action (11/14) after going complete and UR on 10/30.

It's good to feel alive!

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby 04102014 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:23 pm

phillywc wrote:
ohpobrecito wrote:Philly put the doc in the OP.

Don't tell me what to do

(was in the process)


:cry:

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby 04102014 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:26 pm

fivestarfolds wrote:Alright!

A little UR action (11/14) after going complete and UR on 10/30.

It's good to feel alive!


UR 10/29 and still nothing :x

luckystar84
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby luckystar84 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:11 pm

deleted
Last edited by luckystar84 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

fivestarfolds
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby fivestarfolds » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:15 pm

luckystar84 wrote:I think I've had only 1 UR. what does UR2 say? how would you know when you're @ UR2 or UR3 and not just UR?

You don't know. You'll just continually go through URs and the date will update. It's up to you to track the UR that you're in.

User avatar
okok
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:07 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby okok » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:27 pm

fivestarfolds wrote:Alright!

A little UR action (11/14) after going complete and UR on 10/30.

It's good to feel alive!

fug.. Complete/UR 10/10 no action since

dinged

orangec90
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:57 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby orangec90 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:53 pm

Are any of these status date changes for RD applicants? I'm assuming they're all ED (or I hope!!)

User avatar
HarvardHopeful
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby HarvardHopeful » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:55 pm

orangec90 wrote:Are any of these status date changes for RD applicants? I'm assuming they're all ED (or I hope!!)


+1

fivestarfolds
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby fivestarfolds » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:08 pm

HarvardHopeful wrote:
orangec90 wrote:Are any of these status date changes for RD applicants? I'm assuming they're all ED (or I hope!!)


+1

I'm actually RD. That's why I was surprised and excited to see the change.
Last edited by fivestarfolds on Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Mojosodope » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:35 pm

fivestarfolds wrote:
HarvardHopeful wrote:
orangec90 wrote:Are any of these status date changes for RD applicants? I'm assuming they're all ED (or I hope!!)


+1

I'm actually RD. That's why I was surprised and excited to see the change.

For anyone who cares
167/3.61 (URM)


Same with me, RD and URM

User avatar
EzraFitz
Posts: 571
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:42 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby EzraFitz » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:32 am

RD UR update number 2 yesterday, went complete 10/16.

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby applelover » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:44 am

I had one status date change at the end of last month after going complete and UR two weeks prior.

0913djp
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:26 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby 0913djp » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:46 am

Longshot here. Submitted yesterday.

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2225
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby jingosaur » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:51 am

From browsing LSN, it looks like NYU tends to have a pretty quick turnaround with their decisions, especially for people above the medians. Does anyone think that most early/mid November applicants will hear back by end of year?

2014entering2014
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby 2014entering2014 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:52 am

UR #2! is there a process to look out for with NYU? Like for Georgetown everyone said to watch out for going UR 3 times?

User avatar
iamgeorgebush
Posts: 852
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby iamgeorgebush » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:09 pm

jingosaur wrote:From browsing LSN, it looks like NYU tends to have a pretty quick turnaround with their decisions, especially for people above the medians. Does anyone think that most early/mid November applicants will hear back by end of year?

If you look at mylsn.info, you'll see that most acceptances for people who apply in October/November go out in December. If you're WL'd or denied, you could be waiting longer.

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:43 pm

No change in my application status since September. Wonder what, if anything, that says. :P

kathj06
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby kathj06 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:54 am

Did anyone else get an email from NYU this AM about the Furman Public Policy Scholarship Program? I assumed I got it either b/c they are emailing all applicants about it, or because I applied for all of NYU's public interest scholarships.

orangec90
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:57 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby orangec90 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:04 am

kathj06 wrote:Did anyone else get an email from NYU this AM about the Furman Public Policy Scholarship Program? I assumed I got it either b/c they are emailing all applicants about it, or because I applied for all of NYU's public interest scholarships.


I didn't apply to any and I got the email - probably to all applicants




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], blackpi, finaciardi, Google [Bot], hip to be Square and 9 guests